06-20-2015, 02:47 PM #1
Panda.
You talkin to me?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); The first couple months with this PC was great. Every game I played seem to run beautifully; from GTA V, and Battlefield 4 on ultra settings, to Minecraft. From the start of having it, there was a minor problem. Every other time it was on, it would act weird on every game. On Minecraft, you would skip forward when moving. On Sims, the day-and-night cycle would be on x10 whilst the time of day would go normal, but this could easily be fixed by restarting. But once you start it again, it's just a repetitive cycle. I'll try to get a video to better explain this if need be. Now since a couple weeks ago, this PC has took a downward spiral. Just one thing after another.

1. When you first turn the PC on, and you idle it for a few moments(Don't touch anything at all), it'll restart itself.
2. When you shut it off from the Start button, it'll get stuck on the blue "Shutting down" screen.
3. GTA V use to run perfectly fine on high settings, now there is low FPS and audio cuts and audio drags outs.
4. When I am downloading something, or moving a big folder while watching a video, the video will cut-out, and audio drags out.
etc, etc...

Now I get this may very well just be malware or a virus, but I'd like to know for sure before I do anything to my PC.

Here are my specs:

You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by Panda. ; 06-20-2015 at 05:54 PM.
06-20-2015, 06:04 PM #2
CyberNomadic
Web Developer
Originally posted by Panda. View Post
The first couple months with this PC was great. Every game I played seem to run beautifully; from GTA V, and Battlefield 4 on ultra settings, to Minecraft. From the start of having it, there was a minor problem. Every other time it was on, it would act weird on every game. On Minecraft, you would skip forward when moving. On Sims, the day-and-night cycle would be on x10 whilst the time of day would go normal, but this could easily be fixed by restarting. But once you start it again, it's just a repetitive cycle. I'll try to get a video to better explain this if need be. Now since a couple weeks ago, this PC has took a downward spiral. Just one thing after another.

1. When you first turn the PC on, and you idle it for a few moments(Don't touch anything at all), it'll restart itself.
2. When you shut it off from the Start button, it'll get stuck on the blue "Shutting down" screen.
3. GTA V use to run perfectly fine on high settings, now there is low FPS and audio cuts and audio drags outs.
4. When I am downloading something, or moving a big folder while watching a video, the video will cut-out, and audio drags out.
etc, etc...

Now I get this may very well just be malware or a virus, but I'd like to know for sure before I do anything to my PC.

Here are my specs:

First things first,
Have you done a virus scan or used CCleaner?

If you want, I can Teamviewer your PC and see if I can find anything/work on it.
This doesn't seem like a hardware problem to me, I may be wrong, but It just doesn't sound like it has something to do with your hardware.
06-20-2015, 06:24 PM #3
Toke
PC Master Race
this really sounds like a software issue, did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the games, also are they on cracked games? that could be your problem
06-21-2015, 01:59 AM #4
Panda.
You talkin to me?
Originally posted by CyberNomadic View Post
First things first,

If you want, I can Teamviewer your PC and see if I can find anything/work on it.
This doesn't seem like a hardware problem to me, I may be wrong, but It just doesn't sound like it has something to do with your hardware.

Tbh, I never thought of doing a scan for some reason. I guess I was so sure of thinking it was malware or a virus, that I just didn't do it. But, I did, and it found 2 malware. Though it seems like they are from a program I downloaded a long time ago. Before any of these things started happening. I wouldn't mind allowing you to look through my PC, I rather you do it for free, other than taking it somewhere and pay when I can't even monitor what they are doing.
06-21-2015, 02:00 AM #5
Panda.
You talkin to me?
Originally posted by Tolkien View Post
this really sounds like a software issue, did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the games, also are they on cracked games? that could be your problem

All these problem occurred a bit after I first played them. And no, none of them are cracked; they are from Steam.
06-21-2015, 02:26 AM #6
Panda.
You talkin to me?
Originally posted by CyberNomadic View Post
First things first,

I removed the malware. But the problems still happen. 3 minutes into testing out GTA V, my PC restarted by itself.

EDIT:

CCleaner seems to have fixed the GTA V low fps problem. But my computer still restarts whenever it feels like it.
Last edited by Panda. ; 06-21-2015 at 03:20 AM.
06-21-2015, 04:05 AM #7
CyberNomadic
Web Developer
Originally posted by Panda. View Post
Tbh, I never thought of doing a scan for some reason. I guess I was so sure of thinking it was malware or a virus, that I just didn't do it. But, I did, and it found 2 malware. Though it seems like they are from a program I downloaded a long time ago. Before any of these things started happening. I wouldn't mind allowing you to look through my PC, I rather you do it for free, other than taking it somewhere and pay when I can't even monitor what they are doing.

Oh, yea I'd do it for free, I'm not in it for money.
06-26-2015, 01:35 PM #8
DL Malwarebytes free version, and run full scan

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo