06-28-2015, 06:03 AM #1
Code
Banned
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); ok, so i recently built my pc, everything works perfectly, fans lights etc all go,but my monitor just stays at 'no signal', i've looked online and found heaps of others asking the same question, but all the methods i've read haven't worked :( some things i've tried-

-changing monitors : still doesn't work
-changing cables : tried both VGA and HDMI cables with no success
-taking out the video card and re-seating it back in the mobo : still doesn't work
-booting with a single stick of RAM : still not working

my mobo doesn't have any video ports, so i cant test that...
my video card doesn't need power input, so thats not the problem...

im really stuck on this, and i'm hoping someone can help Sal thanks in advance

edit- everything's getting power fine, since my cpu, case and card fan is working.
06-28-2015, 06:11 AM #2
mack32
Hurah!
Originally posted by skyrockett View Post
ok, so i recently built my pc, everything works perfectly, fans lights etc all go,but my monitor just stays at 'no signal', i've looked online and found heaps of others asking the same question, but all the methods i've read haven't worked :( some things i've tried-

-taking out the video card and re-seating it back in the mobo : still doesn't work

edit- everything's getting power fine, since my cpu, case and card fan is working.

reset the cmos (the battery on the mobo ) take it out then put it back in
06-28-2015, 06:30 AM #3
_Nightwing
Gym leader
ok, so i recently built my pc, everything works perfectly, fans lights etc all go,but my monitor just stays at 'no signal', i've looked online and found heaps of others asking the same question, but all the methods i've read haven't worked :( some things i've tried-

Is your RAM seated properly? Is your CPU fan spinning when you turn it on? Is your GFX card seated properly? Make sure everything is plugged into it's correct place.
Try one RAM stick first when booting up the computer.
06-28-2015, 06:37 AM #4
Code
Banned
Originally posted by mack32 View Post
reset the cmos (the battery on the mobo ) take it out then put it back in

ok, tried that but still not working Sal
06-28-2015, 06:40 AM #5
Code
Banned
Originally posted by Nightwing View Post
Is your RAM seated properly? Is your CPU fan spinning when you turn it on? Is your GFX card seated properly? Make sure everything is plugged into it's correct place.
Try one RAM stick first when booting up the computer.

as i said, cpu fan spins, ram is seated properly, card is seated properly (tried both pcie places as kaos suggested), also have tried booting up with a single ram...
06-28-2015, 06:43 AM #6
Default Avatar
Kas
as i said, cpu fan spins, ram is seated properly, card is seated properly (tried both pcie places as kaos suggested), also have tried booting up with a single ram...

Maybe your card is faulty it's literally meant to be plug in properly and it's ready to go. Have you tried a different tv/monitor?
06-28-2015, 06:44 AM #7
Code
Banned
Originally posted by Kas View Post
Maybe your card is faulty it's literally meant to be plug in properly and it's ready to go. Have you tried a different tv/monitor?

thats also stated in the op, yes ive tried both a monitor and a tv with no luck...
but im thinking you might be right about the card be faulty Sal maybe the mobo even
06-28-2015, 06:47 AM #8
_Nightwing
Gym leader

I'd have to agree with Kas, seems like you got a faulty video card. If everything is seated properly and plugged into their correct places then it should work fine. Are you sure your motherboard doesn't have onboard video?
06-28-2015, 06:55 AM #9
Code
Banned
Originally posted by Nightwing View Post
I'd have to agree with Kas, seems like you got a faulty video card. If everything is seated properly and plugged into their correct places then it should work fine. Are you sure your motherboard doesn't have onboard video?

nope, my mobo doesn't have inbuilt graphics... but yea, guess i contact the shop tommorow Sal
06-28-2015, 07:30 AM #10
_Nightwing
Gym leader
nope, my mobo doesn't have inbuilt graphics... but yea, guess i contact the shop tommorow Sal

You must login or register to view this content.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo