05-23-2016, 04:57 PM #1
dawoodk786
Little One
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Every time I shut down either the screen is all black and takes quite a while before the whole laptop is off OR it shows the shutting down screen for about 10 seconds then shows a black screen for another 50 seconds give it take.

Does anyone know what can be causing this??

Thanks Smile
06-23-2016, 02:09 AM #2
With the limited info you have provided (E.g. think here are my system specs .... this is an upgrade install etcetera) then at a guess here are some possibilities....

a) power options ... try this first cause it's easy

Fast startup / hybrid options for power - here are just a couple of links relating to that sort of deal ....

You must login or register to view this content.

b) applications / processes still running in the background ...

... Take a look at this article: You must login or register to view this content.

Go to the comments section at the end of the article first as you might like to try a "workaround" of sorts offered by poster Squintnose + there are also a couple of comments mentioning the string value requirement of the registry edits should you decide to go that route ... be sure to backup the registry prior to editing!

c) a driver issue ...

... many threads pertaining to the same sort of issues are pointing their finger at the Intel Management Engine Interface driver.

Check out the following thread for information on the above mentioned and other possible hints: You must login or register to view this content.

You might also like to investigate uninstalling / re-installing the Graphics driver.

d) malware ....

I'm sure you would be well aware but just about everyone will tell you this is definitely the go to scanner so just in case, here is a link: You must login or register to view this content.

e) hardware issue ...

... maybe your hard drive is on the fritz ... maybe

If all this fails then you'll need to book an appointment with Dr. Google who will surely offer up some other possible remedies for the condition..

Good luck - hope this has been somewhat helpful to you Smile

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo