12-11-2016, 02:45 AM #1
Faloof
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I can not click my windows search bar at all, or my windows button in the bottom left corner. I have tried everything but what works. I have tried many youtube videos and comments. Nothing worked. I am using a SSD. Samsung 950 pro M.2 512GB. I have tried running a batch file, I have tried using my task mananger and running powershell. I have tried msconfig and booting in safe mode. I have tried so much and I am getting really annoyed with this. I also tried opening task mananger and going to windows explorer and restarting it and ending it. Just black screened. I am on windows 10 and I have no back up because it is fairly new computer. I am thinking I might have to wipe my SSD and fresh install it.*

When it occurred: I have a HDD and a SSD. I wanted to boot up on my HDD just once for my PS3 mods. I went into bios and I tried changing Boot 1: to something else and then I dont think it saved or something because It went back to normal. then I scrolled past that and I saw I could just click one to boot. So I clicked my HDD one I believe because it worked...I was doing something on my PS3 and my computer went into sleep ( takes a while for it to go into sleep) then it crashed and restarted and It went into the SSD and I had to restart and go into the bios and click the HDD and then once I was done turned it off then on and went back onto my SSD and then this problem occurred. It did feel slower also but I am not 100% sure. If I do not get any help in about 3 days I will probably just try and wiping my SSD. If I fix it by then I will post a reply. Thank you
12-11-2016, 02:53 AM #2
This is assistance for the site not personal pc issue's
12-11-2016, 03:57 PM #3
Faloof
Do a barrel roll!
sorry, I couldn't find where to post it... I can find where to post it on the APP but not on the actual website xD
12-12-2016, 01:27 PM #4
Sparrow
Big Papi
Lol it's Windows 10 being spizzy, did you try this in Powershell:

First, create a system restore point and then follow these steps to use Windows Powershell for fixing taskbar issues:

1. Press Windows Key on your keyboard and type in powershell. Right-click Windows Powershell (Desktop App) and select Run as administrator. Select Yes in the UAC window that pops up.

2. Now paste the following command in the PowerShell window and hit Enter:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

3. Once the command is executed successfully, navigate to the following directory in Explorer where name is your Account Username. Make sure you have enabled showing of hidden items in Explorer.

4. Scroll down to locate the folder named TileDataLayer and delete this folder.

If you are unable to delete this folder, Run services.msc to open the Services Manager, scroll down to Tile Data model server service and stop it. Now try to delete the folder again.
12-12-2016, 01:30 PM #5
Sparrow
Big Papi
The above will 're-download' all windows apps, inc. the taskbar/start menu.

If that doesn't work, best bet is 'Resetting' Windows. Just make sure to choose the option to keep all your files, or make a backup prior to doing so.
12-28-2016, 11:04 PM #6
Faloof
Do a barrel roll!
Tried that and it wouldn't work
12-28-2016, 11:05 PM #7
Faloof
Do a barrel roll!
UPDATE: I called microsoft ( bad idea) and they wanted me to wipe the SSD after they made it worse and said it was more then just that not working. I wiped it and then I had it boot up and make me choose an operating system after I clean installed windows and it always makes me choose even thought in my BIOS the BOOT is set to my SSD and my HDD is 2
12-28-2016, 11:48 PM #8
Default Avatar
Oneup
Well you could have checked to see if the windows search service was even running:

Open command line and enter:
Services.msc

Scroll down and look for:
Windows Search

See if it is currently running
02-07-2017, 09:50 PM #9
Father Luckeyy
Retired - Lead Content Manager
Originally posted by Faloof View Post
I can not click my windows search bar at all, or my windows button in the bottom left corner. I have tried everything but what works. I have tried many youtube videos and comments. Nothing worked. I am using a SSD. Samsung 950 pro M.2 512GB. I have tried running a batch file, I have tried using my task mananger and running powershell. I have tried msconfig and booting in safe mode. I have tried so much and I am getting really annoyed with this. I also tried opening task mananger and going to windows explorer and restarting it and ending it. Just black screened. I am on windows 10 and I have no back up because it is fairly new computer. I am thinking I might have to wipe my SSD and fresh install it.*

When it occurred: I have a HDD and a SSD. I wanted to boot up on my HDD just once for my PS3 mods. I went into bios and I tried changing Boot 1: to something else and then I dont think it saved or something because It went back to normal. then I scrolled past that and I saw I could just click one to boot. So I clicked my HDD one I believe because it worked...I was doing something on my PS3 and my computer went into sleep ( takes a while for it to go into sleep) then it crashed and restarted and It went into the SSD and I had to restart and go into the bios and click the HDD and then once I was done turned it off then on and went back onto my SSD and then this problem occurred. It did feel slower also but I am not 100% sure. If I do not get any help in about 3 days I will probably just try and wiping my SSD. If I fix it by then I will post a reply. Thank you

Was your issue resolved?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo