01-08-2017, 02:34 PM #1
Dylan
Haxor!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So my laptop has had this issue for ages. I've dealt with it and listened to it as it is, but now I'm tired of it.
Whenever I connect my laptop to my tv through hdmi the video will play through but the audio still comes from the laptop and it never pops up in the audio selection to select the tv to play it from. Any suggestions? Much appreciated.
01-15-2017, 01:42 PM #11
Dylan
Haxor!
Originally posted by Vince
Most likely not even the cable, but just your laptop not recognizing your TV as a viable output :p
Updates current on your laptop?

I'm thinking this is the problem I've used multiple cables and tvs now. I tried checking for updates for the driver it says it's up to date but still get the error code 10 on it
01-16-2017, 05:53 AM #12
Dylan
Haxor!
Originally posted by Sparrow View Post
Have you tried a different HDMI cable? Or updating drivers on your GPU? Restarting TV when connected?

Could also try below if nothing else works:

• Open Device Manager
  • Click the little triangle on the left next to "sound, video and game controllers" to make it drop down
  • You'll now see your sound devices, I for example have 2, one is "ATI..." the other "Realtek..." (depends on hardware obviously)
  • Right click each one in turn and click "disable". Click "yes" when the warning pops up.
  • When they're both turned off, right click each of them again and click "enable".

Annoying but gets the job done when nothing else works :/

Trying this as well didn't work but thanks
01-16-2017, 09:16 AM #13
Sparrow
Big Papi
Originally posted by Dylan View Post
Trying this as well didn't work but thanks

No problem, hope you can find a solution :(
02-07-2017, 09:38 PM #14
Father Luckeyy
Retired - Lead Content Manager
Originally posted by Dylan View Post
So my laptop has had this issue for ages. I've dealt with it and listened to it as it is, but now I'm tired of it.
Whenever I connect my laptop to my tv through hdmi the video will play through but the audio still comes from the laptop and it never pops up in the audio selection to select the tv to play it from. Any suggestions? Much appreciated.

What is the status of your issue?
02-07-2017, 09:52 PM #15
Dylan
Haxor!
Originally posted by Dr.
What is the status of your issue?

Still no luck, tried different tvs as well as cables

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo