02-03-2017, 10:39 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I have a Acer all in one zs600 that I'm trying to find out if the motherboard is gone.
It not turning on the power supply is working I tried it on my laptop . There is no signs of life no beeps no lights ( will there is one red light that comes on and then goes out it is not on the Mobo it on a other board and where the eathernet cable goes in the green light comes on for like sec like there is a short )there is power going to Mobo I tested it. Just like to know if there is other test to do or to try to find the short in the Mobo.

Thanks for any help
02-03-2017, 09:15 PM #2
Cryptic
Former Staff | Content Manager
Originally posted by dee1980 View Post
I have a Acer all in one zs600 that I'm trying to find out if the motherboard is gone.
It not turning on the power supply is working I tried it on my laptop . There is no signs of life no beeps no lights ( will there is one red light that comes on and then goes out it is not on the Mobo it on a other board and where the eathernet cable goes in the green light comes on for like sec like there is a short )there is power going to Mobo I tested it. Just like to know if there is other test to do or to try to find the short in the Mobo.

Thanks for any help

Sounds like the Mobo might be gone, or the screen is dead. Was it hit by lighting? Any recent power surges?

Typically when buying computers it's generally recommended to avoid A-I-O PC's as this sort of thing happens. Something breaks and it cannot easily be replaced causing the entire machine to become worthless, along with it being quite difficult to diagnose what's broken. Traditional PC's are much easier to diagnose.

You could try to find out what size motherboard the PC is rather it's ATX, Micro ATX etc. Then once you have that find out what socket size your CPU is. Then just get a replacement motherboard. You may have to reinstall windows due to a motherboard change but that's not hard. All the other internal components should work with a new motherboard as long as you get one that matches your CPU socket, motherboard size, and RAM (rather DDR3 or DDR4).
02-03-2017, 11:53 PM #3
No it just shut down will playing it come up lost connection and it turn off and won't turn on .. I thought I would look at it to see but that's what I though it was as will Mobo

Thanks for the reply
02-07-2017, 09:37 PM #4
Father Luckeyy
Retired - Lead Content Manager
Originally posted by dee1980 View Post
No it just shut down will playing it come up lost connection and it turn off and won't turn on .. I thought I would look at it to see but that's what I though it was as will Mobo

Thanks for the reply

Was your issue solved or you still require assistance?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo