02-28-2017, 03:40 PM #1
MessinBound
Bounty hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I have noticed a program launching every start up...the program in question is Game Key Decrypter, I have not installed this. I have looked up the task manager process and it is called RegASM.exe (Quick bit of research tells me that this is a system process to do something with Windows) and in my start up tab in Task Manager there is a process called sound.vbs, opening file location takes me to:

C:\Users\User 1\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\sound.vbs (obviosly)

This is the code inside of the vbs:

You must login or register to view this content.

Going to the roaming folder shows multiple created files from the vbs:

I dont know what to do at this point I have tried changing/deleting the vbs code. I have tried to disable on start up but that dosen't matter it just keeps reverting back to the way it was...

I have done a virus scan on my computer, active processes and root kit scans but nothing except when I scanned the file directly, my anti-virus moved the file to quarantine but that won't do anything because the file keeps coming back.

Here is the anti virus scan result

I am linking the Decryptor to the VBS because they both show up on start up/I have noticed them both recently (I check my start up tab regularly and have never noticed sound.exe before and I mean come on sound.exe you have a better chance at fooling me with windows.exe Cheesy)

Help I dont know what this is/what it does!
03-01-2017, 01:35 AM #2
Kronos
Former Staff
Originally posted by MessinBound View Post
I have noticed a program launching every start up...the program in question is Game Key Decrypter, I have not installed this. I have looked up the task manager process and it is called RegASM.exe (Quick bit of research tells me that this is a system process to do something with Windows) and in my start up tab in Task Manager there is a process called sound.vbs, opening file location takes me to:

C:\Users\User 1\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\sound.vbs (obviosly)

This is the code inside of the vbs:

Going to the roaming folder shows multiple created files from the vbs:

I dont know what to do at this point I have tried changing/deleting the vbs code. I have tried to disable on start up but that dosen't matter it just keeps reverting back to the way it was...

I have done a virus scan on my computer, active processes and root kit scans but nothing except when I scanned the file directly, my anti-virus moved the file to quarantine but that won't do anything because the file keeps coming back.

Here is the anti virus scan result

I am linking the Decryptor to the VBS because they both show up on start up/I have noticed them both recently (I check my start up tab regularly and have never noticed sound.exe before and I mean come on sound.exe you have a better chance at fooling me with windows.exe Cheesy)

Help I dont know what this is/what it does!

Try deleting it and finding out lol
03-02-2017, 12:14 AM #3
MessinBound
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Kronos View Post
Try deleting it and finding out lol

I have deleted it about 5 times and all the files were just coming back :P

Don't know what I have done differently but today I seemed to have fixed it. No GKD or VBS/spam files

So this can be close if the moderator see this ayy lmao
03-02-2017, 12:16 AM #4
Kronos
Former Staff
Originally posted by MessinBound View Post
I have deleted it about 5 times and all the files were just coming back :P

Don't know what I have done differently but today I seemed to have fixed it. No GKD or VBS/spam files

So this can be close if the moderator see this ayy lmao

Hahahah good to hear,

Thread Closed

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo