03-19-2017, 12:04 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I have a GTX 960m and whenever I play Minecraft (only game I play on my computer) if the framerate is above 40 it'll start to screen tear, although, if I disable the integrated graphics, this seems to go away, BUT Nvidia control panel tells me that I'm not using an nvidia GPU after I do this, please help
03-24-2017, 03:54 PM #2
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Originally posted by John View Post
I have a GTX 960m and whenever I play Minecraft (only game I play on my computer) if the framerate is above 40 it'll start to screen tear, although, if I disable the integrated graphics, this seems to go away, BUT Nvidia control panel tells me that I'm not using an nvidia GPU after I do this, please help

I had found a solution for you, but the link for the installer is gone "404 Page" Sal

If you can try to google it, this is what it is called on GitHub: Dwedit/NvidiaOptimusFixer

Steps:

For those who don't want to bother compiling it yourself, here's I've uploaded the exe here; I assume it should work.
Edit: It seems like you'll have to do it yourself; here's my recollection of the steps:
1. Download the free version of Visual Studio
2. Run the installer (I don't remember needing to change any settings), and then restart your computer when you're told to.
3. Extract the NvidiaOptimusFixer.zip contents, and open the NVidiaOptimusFixer with Visual Studio
4. In the toolbar at the top, click build and then Build NvidiaOptimusFixer
5. Navigate to the .zip extraction location, \NvidiaOptimusFixer-master\bin\ and open the new application, NvidiaOptimusFixer; assuming it works properly, you'll have its icon in the taskbar and the screen tearing will be gone
03-24-2017, 05:26 PM #3
Originally posted by Hydrogen View Post
I had found a solution for you, but the link for the installer is gone "404 Page" Sal

If you can try to google it, this is what it is called on GitHub: Dwedit/NvidiaOptimusFixer

Steps:

For those who don't want to bother compiling it yourself, here's I've uploaded the exe here; I assume it should work.
Edit: It seems like you'll have to do it yourself; here's my recollection of the steps:
1. Download the free version of Visual Studio
2. Run the installer (I don't remember needing to change any settings), and then restart your computer when you're told to.
3. Extract the NvidiaOptimusFixer.zip contents, and open the NVidiaOptimusFixer with Visual Studio
4. In the toolbar at the top, click build and then Build NvidiaOptimusFixer
5. Navigate to the .zip extraction location, \NvidiaOptimusFixer-master\bin\ and open the new application, NvidiaOptimusFixer; assuming it works properly, you'll have its icon in the taskbar and the screen tearing will be gone

Didn't work Sal
03-24-2017, 05:56 PM #4
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Originally posted by John View Post
Didn't work Sal

Sucks Sal I'll see if I can find another solution for you.

The following user thanked Hydrogen for this useful post:

John

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo