04-12-2017, 12:28 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi All.
I am using Microsoft Office 2013 on Windows 8.1

When I attempt to open a .xlsx format file am getting this error:*Filename.xlsx cannot be accessed. The file may be read-only, or you may be trying to access a read-only location.

I tried to open it from two different computers with the same results. I could open this file a week ago!! What is wrong?

Is there something I can do myself to open or recover .xlsx file?
04-12-2017, 06:11 PM #2
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by Leoss098 View Post
Hi All.

When I attempt to open a .xlsx format file am getting this error:*Filename.xlsx cannot be accessed. The file may be read-only, or you may be trying to access a read-only location.

I tried to open it from two different computers with the same results. I could open this file a week ago!! What is wrong?

Did you actually check to make sure that the file wasn't set as read only? Right click the file and go to properties. You will see a check box for readonly. Make sure it is unchecked.
04-13-2017, 10:56 AM #3
merR65
Gobble
You could also download Libre Office that will open MS Office files if they are not corrupted.
Also you could try to upload the file to this service You must login or register to view this content.. It will restore the data and will save lost information to a new excel file.
Last edited by merR65 ; 04-13-2017 at 11:00 AM.
04-24-2017, 01:48 PM #4
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Originally posted by Leoss098 View Post
Hi All.

There are two responses waiting for you. Has your issue been resolved sir?
04-25-2017, 04:18 AM #5
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by Hydrogen View Post
There are two responses waiting for you. Has your issue been resolved sir?

Can you stop with this already? It's just spam at this point. You do this on every thread.
If he doesn't respond to 1 quoted post what makes you think he is going to respond to a second?
Not to mention if you just took 2 seconds to look at his last activity time, it was the same day and time he posted this thread.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo