04-24-2017, 10:40 PM #1
Hydrogen
Super Mod
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); From what you have read the title, I forgot my laptop's password in order to log into it. Yes, I do have a forgot password hint, which I only know half of the password... just don't remember the rest. I tried doing "Forgot Password/Recover Password", but it asks for a USB or Password Disk... but that doesn't work either. Is there anyway to remove my password to get back into my laptop, because I have so much important things in there. Any type of help would be appreciated.

Operating System: Windows 10 - HP Dell Pavilion Laptop
04-25-2017, 01:23 PM #20
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Originally posted by Jon
Yea, all you will need to do is burn it on CD (or throw it on a bootable flash), what it will do is erase your password and make it blank

Video says Win XP - 8... Sadly, I'm on Win 10 though.
04-25-2017, 01:35 PM #21
Sparrow
Big Papi
Originally posted by Hydrogen View Post
From what you have read the title, I forgot my laptop's password in order to log into it. Yes, I do have a forgot password hint, which I only know half of the password... just don't remember the rest. I tried doing "Forgot Password/Recover Password", but it asks for a USB or Password Disk... but that doesn't work either. Is there anyway to remove my password to get back into my laptop, because I have so much important things in there. Any type of help would be appreciated.

There was a post in the Elite section about this, take a look at that.

But basically boot into linux, change the 'ease of access' thing to cmd.exe

Boot back into Windows and click on the EOA button to load CMD as System.

Enable the Admin account, or just reset PW.

---

Would link but I'm not Elite anymore Sal It's explained a lot better in the post.

Good luck!
04-25-2017, 01:38 PM #22
Jon Snow
Di DonDadda

it work on all bro of them bro stare
04-25-2017, 01:39 PM #23
Sparrow
Big Papi
From what you have read the title, I forgot my laptop's password in order to log into it. Yes, I do have a forgot password hint, which I only know half of the password... just don't remember the rest. I tried doing "Forgot Password/Recover Password", but it asks for a USB or Password Disk... but that doesn't work either. Is there anyway to remove my password to get back into my laptop, because I have so much important things in there. Any type of help would be appreciated.

Were you logging in with a local account, or with a 'Microsoft' account, as Windows 10 usually defaults to a Microsoft account.

If it's the latter then you can go to the website and reset via that.

EDIT: NVM seen you say local on a previous page Sal
Last edited by Sparrow ; 04-25-2017 at 01:48 PM.
04-25-2017, 04:53 PM #24
Default Avatar
Oneup

It shouldn't matter. These things don't usually change.
04-26-2017, 12:16 AM #25
saraco
Gobble
Use this sticky keys trick and it should work. You need to boot the PC from Windows install DVD.
You must login or register to view this content.

Or use Offline NT Password & Registry Editor:
You must login or register to view this content.

There are many other live CDs that might also help, like Hiren's BootCD, Ophcrack, etc.

The following user thanked saraco for this useful post:

04-27-2017, 02:29 AM #26
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Forget it. To save myself from all the stress I have and all the money I wasted... just forget it.. closed.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo