11-14-2017, 07:47 PM #1
Mikevigi
Little One
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Let me start by saying I don’t know much about pc’s. I recently received my grandfathers old pc. The issue I need help with is how to disable hard drive mirroring. The pc has 4 x 128gb Corsair force gs ssd’s but there is only 235gb of storage space. I don’t care about backing up my files because I’m only going to download some games from steam. I just factory reset the pc today to get rid of everything my grandfather had on it (he already transferred everything to his new pc) and it still only has the 235gb. I’ve tried googling how to fix this but none of the fixes work for me. Anybody have any ideas on what I need to do?
11-14-2017, 11:28 PM #2
<Jimbo>
</Jimbo>
Assuming you are on windows...

Open the start menu, type in disk management and run
You must login or register to view this content.

If your drives are mirroring each other, the column labelled "Layout" should say mirroring, and not "Simple".
From here, right click on the coloured version of the drive and you should see the option to "Remove mirrored volume". Follow the instructions from there, and you should be able to use the redundancy drive again.

Originally posted by Mikevigi View Post
Let me start by saying I don’t know much about pc’s. I recently received my grandfathers old pc. The issue I need help with is how to disable hard drive mirroring. The pc has 4 x 128gb Corsair force gs ssd’s but there is only 235gb of storage space. I don’t care about backing up my files because I’m only going to download some games from steam. I just factory reset the pc today to get rid of everything my grandfather had on it (he already transferred everything to his new pc) and it still only has the 235gb. I’ve tried googling how to fix this but none of the fixes work for me. Anybody have any ideas on what I need to do?
11-15-2017, 01:02 AM #3
Mikevigi
Little One
Originally posted by lt
Assuming you are on windows...

Open the start menu, type in disk management and run
You must login or register to view this content.

If your drives are mirroring each other, the column labelled "Layout" should say mirroring, and not "Simple".
From here, right click on the coloured version of the drive and you should see the option to "Remove mirrored volume". Follow the instructions from there, and you should be able to use the redundancy drive again.

Under the layout column the drive says simple You must login or register to view this content. but when I go to the properties of drive C it says "AMD 2X2 Mirror/RAID1 SCSI Disk Device" You must login or register to view this content. . I just want to be able to use all 512gb of storage space, I don't care about backing up the drives, how can i get rid of this?
11-15-2017, 01:50 AM #4
1UP
Banned
Under the layout column the drive says simple You must login or register to view this content. but when I go to the properties of drive C it says "AMD 2X2 Mirror/RAID1 SCSI Disk Device" You must login or register to view this content. . I just want to be able to use all 512gb of storage space, I don't care about backing up the drives, how can i get rid of this?

You have to disable raid. It's either on a raid controller or it's being done in the bios, either way you are going to break the array and are going to have to start over from scratch.
11-15-2017, 06:56 AM #5
Mikevigi
Little One
Originally posted by Oneup View Post
You have to disable raid. It's either on a raid controller or it's being done in the bios, either way you are going to break the array and are going to have to start over from scratch.

Yeah it’s in the bios, I decided I could do it myself and change it to RAID 0 instead, that way it acts as 1 and I get the full amount of storage. Now I can’t reinstall Windows. I might just buy a 500gb ssd and a 1tb hdd schoolwork/photos. That way I won’t have to do the raid setup.
11-17-2017, 01:03 PM #6
Toke
PC Master Race
Yeah it’s in the bios, I decided I could do it myself and change it to RAID 0 instead, that way it acts as 1 and I get the full amount of storage. Now I can’t reinstall Windows. I might just buy a 500gb ssd and a 1tb hdd schoolwork/photos. That way I won’t have to do the raid setup.

just run them seperately without raid
11-17-2017, 10:29 PM #7
Mikevigi
Little One
Originally posted by Toke View Post
just run them seperately without raid

I had it like that but didn’t like it, so I just bought a 500gb Samsung ssd and 1tb wd blue and now everything is all good. Thanks everyone for the help!

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo