11-22-2017, 08:41 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Sorry if this the wrong section but

I have this 16 GB Toshiba flash drive it was made in Philippines and the price is 6 dollar

I tried to copy 20 songs and after i press eject and unplug it and plugged it back 9 songs has corrupted, and when i delete all the songs and and then i copy 11 songs and eject and plug it back its fine and copy the rest of the song and eject and plug it back, the file is corrupt again half of em.

and then i tried to copy the 10 songs randomly it didn't corrupt,but when i copy the rest of the songs it corrupted AGAIN.

Is this a fake flash drive or it has a problem inside it ?
12-06-2017, 03:19 AM #2
CyberNomadic
Web Developer
Originally posted by KRAZYGOATZ View Post
Sorry if this the wrong section but

I have this 16 GB Toshiba flash drive it was made in Philippines and the price is 6 dollar

I tried to copy 20 songs and after i press eject and unplug it and plugged it back 9 songs has corrupted, and when i delete all the songs and and then i copy 11 songs and eject and plug it back its fine and copy the rest of the song and eject and plug it back, the file is corrupt again half of em.

and then i tried to copy the 10 songs randomly it didn't corrupt,but when i copy the rest of the songs it corrupted AGAIN.

Is this a fake flash drive or it has a problem inside it ?

Sounds to me like a fake flash drive sadly. This happens quite often. There is software to tell you the actual size of your flash drive. A google should assist you!
02-02-2020, 10:23 AM #3
yep fake cards for sure

it be copying the files over and also deleting them at the same time

they would had reprogram the usb pen from a 256m to show it as a 16gb

run H2testw – Test for Fake USB Flash Drives

https://www.raymond.cc/blog/test-and-detect-fake-or-counterfeit-usb-flash-drives-bought-from-ebay-with-h2testw/

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo