07-18-2010, 12:29 PM #1
a24fan
Gym leader
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I'm only 14 so I don't really want to be ass raped in jail so if I download torrents will I get arrested or fined? From what people say they usually go after the uploader not the people downloading but will I be ok if I download torrents? I would rather be safe and buy my games but some games you just cant find anymore and I want to know if the games will work on my PC in the first place. I don't want to have my parents pay any fine either or be put in jail so I guess I'm kinda paranoid but nothing will happen if I do it right?

The following user thanked a24fan for this useful post:

ZachFean
07-18-2010, 03:59 PM #11
Default Avatar
Newelly
Originally posted by gwap View Post
shit if you could be arrested for downloading torrents then I would be doing liife in jail lol.

I have over 350 downloaded movies, courtesy of Vuze, on my PS3 and I have so many CDs and music files on my ipod, iphone, PS3, droid that I can not even count. Plus 100's of downloaded Sega, NES, and Super nintendo games that I put on my phones.

Like he said i would be aswell as my uncle Lol

and yh VUZE pwnz ( :
07-18-2010, 04:07 PM #12
It all depends on what you download.. If you download a movie or Video Game then Yes its illegal the feds setup traps with internet downloads all the time.. if you download something that isnt copyrighted nothing will happen to you

The following user thanked Whiskey_Whiskey for this useful post:

xzyphox
07-18-2010, 04:14 PM #13
ZeroSasurai
Auxillary Priest
I have not heard of anyone getting arrested for downloading torrents. You will get fined heavily if you are caught though. There are many cases of people getting fined in the United States as well as other countries.
07-18-2010, 04:20 PM #14
RICHIE209
March 6, 2011.
Originally posted by gwap View Post
shit if you could be arrested for downloading torrents then I would be doing liife in jail lol.

I have over 350 downloaded movies, courtesy of Vuze, on my PS3 and I have so many CDs and music files on my ipod, iphone, PS3, droid that I can not even count. Plus 100's of downloaded Sega, NES, and Super nintendo games that I put on my phones.

/Reported to the authorities.

The following user thanked RICHIE209 for this useful post:

zomfg
07-18-2010, 04:27 PM #15
A96
Do a barrel roll!
If you think about it millions of ppl download torrents and i don't think the police has time to go and arrest everyone do they,but yes you can get fined if you do get caught.

Ways to prevent getting caught:
1)Theirs a program which you pay for which makes your ip anonymous
2)Download on your friends comp.
07-18-2010, 05:13 PM #16
Booshykins
Tech Enthusiast
Originally posted by a24fan View Post
I'm only 14 so I don't really want to be ass raped in jail so if I download torrents will I get arrested or fined? From what people say they usually go after the uploader not the people downloading but will I be ok if I download torrents? I would rather be safe and buy my games but some games you just cant find anymore and I want to know if the games will work on my PC in the first place. I don't want to have my parents pay any fine either or be put in jail so I guess I'm kinda paranoid but nothing will happen if I do it right?

The government/various companies will upload torrents that contain trackers, therefore can get you in trouble. Make sure you don't hit any of those.

My brother recently did, and my father could have gone to jail and paid a fine were it not that the situation was taken care of.

It IS possible to get caught, and it IS possible to get in trouble. But if you're careful, you should be fine.

Make a seedbox if you can. Or find some other way to hide your IP. No, proxies won't do the trick.
07-18-2010, 05:20 PM #17
LeBRON-BEA$TN
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by Richie209 View Post
/Reported to the authorities.

you are king troll Claps
07-18-2010, 08:41 PM #18
You CAN be arrested for downloading pirated software/movies/music.

Will you? 99% NO, but who knows, you could be the lucky 1% =)

You personally would not serve time as you are a minor anyway.

IF you were even to get caught, your ISP would most likely call your home and ask what is going on, and give you a warning and tell you that if it persists you can face termination/fees.
07-18-2010, 08:52 PM #19
ρrodigyz
Cool story bro!
peerguarding + VPN = un-traceable =D

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo