07-18-2010, 12:29 PM #1
a24fan
Gym leader
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I'm only 14 so I don't really want to be ass raped in jail so if I download torrents will I get arrested or fined? From what people say they usually go after the uploader not the people downloading but will I be ok if I download torrents? I would rather be safe and buy my games but some games you just cant find anymore and I want to know if the games will work on my PC in the first place. I don't want to have my parents pay any fine either or be put in jail so I guess I'm kinda paranoid but nothing will happen if I do it right?

The following user thanked a24fan for this useful post:

ZachFean
07-18-2010, 08:52 PM #20
Cyber Altair
League Champion
If you know what you're doing then it's extremely unlikely you'll be caught.
07-18-2010, 08:59 PM #21
It also depends on what country. If you move to some countries, you can't be done for it since it's not illegal
07-18-2010, 09:11 PM #22
If you think it is illegal or if you feel bad about doing it then don't do it cause it is probobly wrong.
07-18-2010, 09:19 PM #23
KRFacct
Big Daddy
I love it how pwoplw say, "IF you was caught" to late you already have been, the question is has your ISP told anyone about what you have been doing.

I know for a fact you wouldn't have used a TOR, as you wouldn't want to waite for the download time, so just to let you know, every thing you do on the internet, your ISP know's.

To people out there that know about networking CCNP here, yes you can use a TOR, your ISP will see other thing's and not what you are doing but still know it's a TOR, wait for the exit nod to redirect you back and let see what your ISP dose then lol.
07-20-2010, 03:27 AM #24
Michael
I love smart girls. ♥
It's really rare, but if you really want to be safe, download the program Peer Guardian. You'll be completely invulnerable.
You can get it here: You must login or register to view this content.
07-20-2010, 03:32 AM #25
Alec-Syn_A7x
Little One
Your only going to get fined/jail time if you SELL your downloaded content.
Downloading that stuff isn't illegal just frowned upon (politically)
07-21-2010, 11:46 AM #26
Mr. Taazzzz
Was "The Illuminati"
I Had A Warning For Aol, So I Moved, I Then Got a Warning From Virgin, So I Moved, I Then Got a Warning From Carphone Warehouse, So I Moved To Bt, They Jusat Say That Im going Over 100GB downloads :L
BT FTW
07-21-2010, 11:56 AM #27
you will get a warning first and if you carry on you will probz go into juvenile prison (Under age offenders)
07-21-2010, 01:18 PM #28
RZRs_Edge
Shut the **** up Donny
Ya no need to worry until you get the warning. In Ireland the major ISP Eircom just brought in a four strikes rule because they were taken to court by Sony BMG and all those.
They now track the IP of any downloading music (just music). The first warning is a letter, second is a phonecall, third is a 7 day disconnect and the fourth is a cut-off for a whole year.
I know some countries like France are starting to look at bringing in legislation to make it illegal, but ya, you don't really have to worry. Unless you do get that first warning. Then either change ISP or invest in a VPN.
I'm still downloading tons of films, tv series and games though. I:love: torrents!!!

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo