07-18-2010, 12:29 PM #1
a24fan
Gym leader
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I'm only 14 so I don't really want to be ass raped in jail so if I download torrents will I get arrested or fined? From what people say they usually go after the uploader not the people downloading but will I be ok if I download torrents? I would rather be safe and buy my games but some games you just cant find anymore and I want to know if the games will work on my PC in the first place. I don't want to have my parents pay any fine either or be put in jail so I guess I'm kinda paranoid but nothing will happen if I do it right?

The following user thanked a24fan for this useful post:

ZachFean
07-18-2010, 03:24 PM #2
You should be safe man , i do it regularly and nothing has happened to me.. If your just wanting it for downloading games personally i think you would be ok as you usually find the people getting in trouble are those downloading/uploading heavily and the ones downloading movies/music...
07-18-2010, 03:33 PM #3
I think if you download ilegal content from the internet you can ge a IP ban, but I have never heard of anyone getting it. So your chances are like 1 in a million.
07-18-2010, 03:35 PM #4
Fionn
Banned
You won't get ass raped. You'll be put in with the soft criminals that aren't dangerous to anyone. Like theifs and vandals. And you're only 14 so you'll go to Juvenile.
07-18-2010, 03:36 PM #5
Default Avatar
Brad
the risks are low of getting caught. i use pirate bay quite a bit and never been caught once. if u get caught u can get a heavy fine though
07-18-2010, 03:37 PM #6
Originally posted by A
I think if you download ilegal content from the internet you can ge a IP ban, but I have never heard of anyone getting it. So your chances are like 1 in a million.

An ip Ban from torrenting, who would ban you ? You would be disconnected from the internet completely. That's if you refused to follow Your Isp's warnings several times though..

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

Originally posted by nnoiF
You won't get ass raped. You'll be put in with the soft criminals that aren't dangerous to anyone. Like theifs and vandals. And you're only 14 so you'll go to Juvenile.

Just like the Jtaggers Happy
Last edited by Bibbster94 ; 07-18-2010 at 03:40 PM.
07-18-2010, 03:38 PM #7
Fionn
Banned
Originally posted by I
An ip Ban from torrenting, who would ban you ? You would be disconnected from the internet completely if you refused to follow there warnings several times

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

Just like the Jtaggers Happy

Alpha's a serial killer then :confused:
07-18-2010, 03:41 PM #8
Originally posted by nnoiF
Alpha's a serial killer then :confused:

:O Shocking, I will have to have words with him!
07-18-2010, 03:43 PM #9
Legalize It
steeezynutz
Originally posted by A

I'm that 1 in a million :mad:, I got cought. It was a stupid mkistake of mine, but what happens is ABC(America Broadcasting Corperation) sends and email to the email address registered under the ip address. No jail time, just big ass fines. Don't worry, you wont get caught. I was going on vacation so i had downloads waiting for like 2 days so i left the site and downloads open for a good week. When my family and I got home my dad got the email. LUCKLY, they give warnings first saying stuff like someone might have been using you're ip address for illigal downloading, if caught again you will be fined blah blah. And if anyone is reading this, do you know if you change ip addresses will you get a clean start? Or is there anyway to clear any blackmarks?
07-18-2010, 03:45 PM #10
LeBRON-BEA$TN
< ^ > < ^ >
shit if you could be arrested for downloading torrents then I would be doing liife in jail lol.

I have over 350 downloaded movies, courtesy of Vuze, on my PS3 and I have so many CDs and music files on my ipod, iphone, PS3, droid that I can not even count. Plus 100's of downloaded Sega, NES, and Super nintendo games that I put on my phones.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo