10-30-2011, 07:16 PM #1
sharpy
.Jack Johnson.
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I Currently have a ION Video 2 PC Video Converter; you can see it by clicking the link below:

You must login or register to view this content.

Now the problem i have and need help with is that the quality isnt that great, you can see the quality by watching the video below:

As you can see, its pretty bad :( however ive heard that image quality can be improved by using an S-video cable instead of a standard composite cable - the red, white and yellow ones! Is this true? Also the Youtube video has black blank spaces to the left and right of it, can i fix this by choosing the aspect ratio of 16:9 instead of 4:3?

I will probably get a HD capture card in the future, but i just want to start small.

ANYONE WHO HELPS CAN HAVE 20k Vbux or a gift if they want!

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

Anyone who helps can have 30k, HELP!
10-30-2011, 07:24 PM #2
I can't help you with improving the video's quality, but, I can suggest a few capture cards that I know that may help you choosing between them, when you're going to get a HD capture card in the future.

Here's a few of them:

Avermedia HD DVR - Must have higher processing power - 2.40ghz intel dual core 2 or higher. (You need splitter for this, so you can play with HDMI display on your console)
Black Magic Intensity Pro - Must have higher processing power - 2.40ghz intel dual core 2 or higher. (You need splitter for this, so you can play with HDMI display on your console)
Happauge HD PVR. - At least 2.20ghz processing power.

When uploading videos to YouTube, I find MP4 is the best quality for watching videos. I use HD PVR btw - records with 'accelerator' @13mbps.

Your video isn't that bad if you'll just use it for Gamebattles proof. But, if you'll this kind of capture card for posting full gameplay it would be worth it to invest to an HD capture card.
Last edited by [F]ried [R]ice ; 10-30-2011 at 07:27 PM.
10-30-2011, 08:56 PM #3
sharpy
.Jack Johnson.
Thankyou! What difference does MP4 make to uploading videos to YouTube? And how can I publish them in MP4? I'll donate you 30k mate for your help Smile would get a PVR but I'm abit strapped for cash, maybe get one in March for my birthday if everything goes well! If only more people would help!
10-30-2011, 10:33 PM #4
Originally posted by sharpy View Post
Thankyou! What difference does MP4 make to uploading videos to YouTube? And how can I publish them in MP4? I'll donate you 30k mate for your help Smile would get a PVR but I'm abit strapped for cash, maybe get one in March for my birthday if everything goes well! If only more people would help!

I've heard that a Roxio records in HD like the PVR, and it's a hell of a lot cheaper Smile

PS: I just ordered a brand new one for £30 but it took me time to find one this cheap. I'll post the link if it comes.
10-31-2011, 07:39 AM #5
sharpy
.Jack Johnson.
Originally posted by ILuZzONz View Post
I've heard that a Roxio records in HD like the PVR, and it's a hell of a lot cheaper Smile

PS: I just ordered a brand new one for £30 but it took me time to find one this cheap. I'll post the link if it comes.

Cheers mate :y: I'll take a look at it, I jinks I saw it on Amazon for like 60-70 quid? Anyway, do you know if the aspect ratio I should use is 16:9? how do people get such good quality video from easycaps?
10-31-2011, 10:58 AM #6

Sony Vegas Smile

If you compare .WMV to MP4, I find MP4's quality to be much more clearer.
10-31-2011, 04:34 PM #7
burton992
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by ILuZzONz View Post

Roxio isn't hd but it's damm close.
10-31-2011, 09:59 PM #8
Cheers mate :y: I'll take a look at it, I jinks I saw it on Amazon for like 60-70 quid? Anyway, do you know if the aspect ratio I should use is 16:9? how do people get such good quality video from easycaps?

I have an EasyCap and I think I used Ulead and it recorded my video in HD lol? However, Ulead crashes a lot I would reccomend using AMCap as that gave me pretty good quality when recording and I just edited in Windows Movie Maker. You must login or register to view this content. I think that's the official website for AMCap because it's made by that guy but, I'm not sure I just Googled. I'd reccomend scanning it before you run it Smile
11-01-2011, 07:32 AM #9
sharpy
.Jack Johnson.
Hi guys, I've ordered all the S-video things I need and also does anyone know if AMcap will pick up my capture card? And is it free to use?
11-01-2011, 02:56 PM #10
NyanCat
trololo
Hi guys, I've ordered all the S-video things I need and also does anyone know if AMcap will pick up my capture card? And is it free to use?

use virtualdub! its free and it is a pretty advanced and good capturing software. youll find plenty of tuts on teh utubez

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo