Post: Installed A new processor, and the computer will not boot up [HELP][URGENT]
01-11-2013, 06:45 PM #1
Dr.Fox
Foxeh =D
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello everyone so as the title explains I bought a new processor for my computer and now it will not boot up. Here are my specs and the things I have tried already.

Dell Inspirion 545
Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate
6GB DDR2 Ram
Integrated gfx card ( I have one but I havent installed it into my system )
600w PSU (corsair)
Two Hard drives.
Old processor : Intel Celeron 450 (single core 2.2ghz)
Processor I am trying to install : Intel Pentium D 925 (dual core 3.0ghz)

MotherBoard Information:
Dell
Model 0N826N
(A03)
Socket 775 LGA
Chipset Intel P35/G33/G31

Okay so I know how to install a processor , heres what I did. I took my old one out by removing the fan that sits ontop of the cpu. I then cleaned the fan/heatsink with nail varnish to remove the old thermo paste. I then removed my old processor, placed the new processor in the slot , did not touch any of the gold connectors and insured it was clean and sat in the correct position etc. Locked it down ,correctly applied artic silver 5 or whatever the thermo paste is called.

The problem.... The computer turns on , the fans spin and the light that should turn white to show the computer is running is orange as if it is in standby mode and so is the monitor. It does not turn on / come out of standby mode.
I have already made sure everything is connected correctly , taken the ram out and put it back in , disconnect secondary hardrive . Also removed the cmos battery to see if a reset in bios setting was needed. Still no luck and yet to put the old processor back in as I want to persist with getting this processor working. Please help me out !!! thank you !

ps. I have been grounded the whole time so I have not fried my mobo. I also ensured I used professional electrician screwdrivers that do not conduct electricity as an over the top precaution

If you need any more details simply ask and I will provide them to you. I am relativly good when it comes to computers....
Last edited by Dr.Fox ; 01-16-2013 at 07:53 PM. Reason: new psu
01-11-2013, 06:49 PM #2
TrollinOverload
Bounty hunter
If your PSU is 180w thats definitively the problem!
01-11-2013, 06:58 PM #3
Dr.Fox
Foxeh =D
Originally posted by TrollinOverload View Post
If your PSU is 180w thats definitively the problem!

You must login or register to view this content.
I used that and I think that might be my problem
01-11-2013, 06:59 PM #4
TrollinOverload
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Dr.Fox View Post
You must login or register to view this content.
I used that and I think that might be my problem

I know i told you this before lol. Just go get a beter PSU nothing below 400w and youll be perfect.
01-11-2013, 07:02 PM #5
Dr.Fox
Foxeh =D
I know i told you this before lol. Just go get a beter PSU nothing below 400w and youll be perfect.

Does it matter what PSU I use.. How much is gonna cost me etc etc...
01-11-2013, 07:04 PM #6
TrollinOverload
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Dr.Fox View Post
Does it matter what PSU I use.. How much is gonna cost me etc etc...

That's all based on what you wanna do there are cheaper Power Supplies out there but you don't want one that will burn out so don't go to cheap just spend $40 and up on a 400W One and you should be fine.

The following user thanked TrollinOverload for this useful post:

Dr.Fox
01-11-2013, 07:05 PM #7
Dr.Fox
Foxeh =D
That's all based on what you wanna do there are cheaper Power Supplies out there but you don't want one that will burn out so don't go to cheap just spend $40 and up on a 400W One and you should be fine.
Thanks ever so much . I am going to reinstall my old processor and I will let you know how I get on...sigh.
01-11-2013, 11:28 PM #8
Dr.Fox
Foxeh =D
Update: Put the old cpu in. Works like normal. Looking into buying a psu
01-12-2013, 06:59 PM #9
RADDY1993
< ^ > < ^ >
Which mother board do you have.
01-16-2013, 07:20 PM #10
Dr.Fox
Foxeh =D
Originally posted by radz1973 View Post
Which mother board do you have.

One moment I will add that later. I have now got a 600w psu so that isnt the problem

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

I have a 600w Corsair one now. PSU is most surely not the problem

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo