Post: how do you tell if your computer has the ability to......
01-12-2013, 12:07 AM #1
xX____BMX____Xx
youtube.com/eggncheezy
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); how do you tell if your computer has the ability to render videos in a program like sony vegas using Open CL or CUDA?

here are my system specs : You must login or register to view this content.
01-12-2013, 12:24 AM #2
Millz
Worth the Weight
Originally posted by Xx View Post
how do you tell if your computer has the ability to render videos in a program like sony vegas using Open CL or CUDA?

here are my system specs : You must login or register to view this content.

Does your laptop have a graphics card in it? If not, then it's not possible. If it does, let me know that GPU you have and I will let you know.

Edit: If this is the laptop you're talking about, yes you can use CUDA: (assuming you have GT525M)

You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by Millz ; 01-12-2013 at 12:31 AM.
01-13-2013, 03:15 PM #3
xX____BMX____Xx
youtube.com/eggncheezy
Originally posted by Millz59 View Post
Does your laptop have a graphics card in it? If not, then it's not possible. If it does, let me know that GPU you have and I will let you know.

Edit: If this is the laptop you're talking about, yes you can use CUDA: (assuming you have GT525M)

You must login or register to view this content.

Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
approx memory 1696 MB

thats all it says
01-13-2013, 06:26 PM #4
Millz
Worth the Weight
Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
approx memory 1696 MB

thats all it says

Then no. You can't use CUDA or OpenCL if you are using integrated Intel graphics.

The following user thanked Millz for this useful post:

Toke
01-14-2013, 06:44 PM #5
xX____BMX____Xx
youtube.com/eggncheezy
Originally posted by Millz59 View Post
Then no. You can't use CUDA or OpenCL if you are using integrated Intel graphics.

i like how this shit is easy to find on your computer (sarcasm) what is GeForce GT 540M? thats what i have
01-14-2013, 09:05 PM #6
Millz
Worth the Weight
i like how this shit is easy to find on your computer (sarcasm) what is GeForce GT 540M? thats what i have

It's a graphics card that supports CUDA. If you have that then you can use CUDA in CUDA supported applications without a problem.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo