10-15-2009, 06:34 PM #1
xLew--
Former Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); By cutting, disconnecting the Ring wire in the master socket off your home, you c an increase your internet connection, some cases its alot sometimes its merely .5Mbps

well anyways cutting to the point....

' If you have a telephone extension in your home, that you are using for your router to plug into, and you have a BT NTE5 Master socket with a removable bottom half, by removing your ring wire, you could possibly improve / gain on your broadband speeds from your connection.

Sometimes this ring wire could cause unnecessay interference to your attenuation and give you slightly slower broadband speeds.

The ring wire is only used for the older type of telephones, and as per its name, was used for providing the signal to make your phone ring.

Removing the ring wire is a very simple task to do and is a cheaper alternative, (with sometimes the same results) then purchasing an ADSL Faceplate and subsequently fitting that. '

for a tutorial and more guideance check the source link below, i hope you al lbenefit from this. Please rep/ thanks me etc Smile Lew

Source:

You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by ThatDamnGeordie ; 10-23-2009 at 06:50 PM.

The following 4 users say thank you to xLew-- for this useful post:

dayleboiii, NanuGama, Physicalfire, u|K Frank
10-15-2009, 06:44 PM #2
xSharkey
Formally Fallz-Boyz
could work nice tread if it does
10-15-2009, 08:21 PM #3
Physicalfire
Bounty hunter
The speed in which this would actually is increase is next to none. Going by bytes/KB around 2KB would be the increase. 2KB would increase the download speed of a 700mb file by around 6 seconds. Worth it? No.

NOTE: I'm not flaming m8, just my opinion. People may find it interesting Smile, was a good thought though lol.
10-15-2009, 08:23 PM #4
Cpt.Red-Rocket
BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE!!!
nice thread, ill try
10-15-2009, 10:16 PM #5
xLew--
Former Staff
Originally posted by boyz View Post
could work nice tread if it does

Could work??? lol it does work, its just some people dont see a huge increase a friend of mine had a boost of 2.3Mbps i only had .7Mbps increase though :/

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

Originally posted by Physicalfire View Post
The speed in which this would actually is increase is next to none. Going by bytes/KB around 2KB would be the increase. 2KB would increase the download speed of a 700mb file by around 6 seconds. Worth it? No.

NOTE: I'm not flaming m8, just my opinion. People may find it interesting Smile, was a good thought though lol.

lol its ok, but if you could make your line faster, why wouldnt you not do it XD

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

Originally posted by Rocket View Post
nice thread, ill try

let me know how it goes, did you see a increase if so by how much? n Rep Winky Winky
10-20-2009, 01:04 PM #6
xLew--
Former Staff
so anyone tried it yet?
10-20-2009, 01:49 PM #7
u|K Frank
Climbing up the ladder
nice one m8, i would rep but i repped you last lol
10-21-2009, 06:28 PM #8
xLew--
Former Staff
lol its kl XD
10-21-2009, 06:47 PM #9
NanuGama
YouTube.com/NanuGama
Is'nt This Illegal?
10-21-2009, 07:45 PM #10
Stub Hero
Laying low low low
good post but i've already got a cover thing which stops interferance from the ring wire got it about 6 months ago and the broadband is much faster now

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo