06-07-2014, 05:06 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So I'm finally gonna build a PC, I've been putting it off for ages because I was too lazy to do it but seeing as I've finished Uni for the year and have some free time I thought I'd do it. I have this so far, just want some of NGU to have a look and see if there are any glaring errors with it or if there are parts you would recommended instead of what I've already selected. Also I'm looking for recommendations for monitors, my ideal would be to hook up 3 but I'm going to start with one and add more over time, probably looking at 1920 x 1080 res and I've heard good things about IPS monitors too, I'm not really sure there's a point going above that res right now as no games or anime are in native resolutions higher than this and 4k is starting to get here but not enough for me to by a 4k monitor.

You must login or register to view this content.
06-08-2014, 11:33 PM #2
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by Madison
So I'm finally gonna build a PC, I've been putting it off for ages because I was too lazy to do it but seeing as I've finished Uni for the year and have some free time I thought I'd do it. I have this so far, just want some of NGU to have a look and see if there are any glaring errors with it or if there are parts you would recommended instead of what I've already selected. Also I'm looking for recommendations for monitors, my ideal would be to hook up 3 but I'm going to start with one and add more over time, probably looking at 1920 x 1080 res and I've heard good things about IPS monitors too, I'm not really sure there's a point going above that res right now as no games or anime are in native resolutions higher than this and 4k is starting to get here but not enough for me to by a 4k monitor.

whats your budget, where do you live, and habe u looked into korean 1440p ips panels?
06-09-2014, 05:47 AM #3
Originally posted by Toke View Post
whats your budget, where do you live, and habe u looked into korean 1440p ips panels?

Budget for monitor would be about £200 really, I live in the UK, I've not looked into these Korean monitors, but I've heard a lot of people mention them, are they really that good? Also I really don't want to go above 1920 x 1080 resolution wise.
06-09-2014, 05:58 AM #4
Cryptic
Former Staff | Content Manager
Budget for monitor would be about £200 really, I live in the UK, I've not looked into these Korean monitors, but I've heard a lot of people mention them, are they really that good? Also I really don't want to go above 1920 x 1080 resolution wise.

£200 Is about 336 in USD. That'd get you a kick ass monitor. Something like this?

Or

You must login or register to view this content. I'd be happy rocking two or three of these. Cheap, good response time, built in speakers.

You also said you have 'this' so far. What's 'this'?
Last edited by Cryptic ; 06-09-2014 at 06:02 AM.

The following user thanked Cryptic for this useful post:

Madison Taylor
06-09-2014, 06:01 AM #5
I was actually monitor wise looking at this one, it's a fairly decent price and less than the top of my budget, IPS, the responce time is high 8ms, but I don't play FPS games seriously so I'm not too worried:

06-09-2014, 06:03 AM #6
Cryptic
I was actually monitor wise looking at this one, it's a fairly decent price and less than the top of my budget, IPS, the responce time is high 8ms, but I don't play FPS games seriously so I'm not too worried:

Not bad, but the 2nd monitor I linked is cheaper and better than that one. It's also on Newegg Secrete sale right now.
06-09-2014, 06:06 AM #7
Originally posted by Cryptic
£200 Is about 336 in USD. That'd get you a kick ass monitor. Something like this?

Or

You must login or register to view this content. I'd be happy rocking two or three of these. Cheap, good response time, built in speakers.

You also said you have 'this' so far. What's 'this'?

Not bad, but personally for me built in speakers are unnecessary and both have that, I'm also really prioritising colour correctness over response time which means I'm leaning more towards IPS displays than TN displays.
06-09-2014, 06:20 AM #8
Cryptic
Not bad, but personally for me built in speakers are unnecessary and both have that, I'm also really prioritising colour correctness over response time which means I'm leaning more towards IPS displays than TN displays.

You must login or register to view this content. ?

The following user thanked Cryptic for this useful post:

Madison Taylor
06-09-2014, 06:32 AM #9
Prince Perciful
In / Out Shake It All About...
I recently built a desktop for a friend, i'd recommend you've definitely got a copy of Windows 8 or the operating system you are going to use, and a SATA optical drive to install an OS from.

That was the only issue I had because taking the risk of using an old one from an old build could well mean it's not a SATA drive. But that was my classed 'first build mistake'!

Good luck matey, and remember it's fun!
06-09-2014, 03:04 PM #10
Toke
PC Master Race

Korean monitors are excellent if I can usually fix the little bit of back light bleed and they over clock over to over 100hz if you get a qnix evolution. Also what is computer budget?

The following user thanked Toke for this useful post:

Madison Taylor

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo