09-21-2014, 06:56 AM #1
kciN
< ^ > < ^ >
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Processor (i7 3.6 gHz): You must login or register to view this content.
Motherboard(Asus Sabertooth X79): You must login or register to view this content.
Case: You must login or register to view this content.
GPU(Evga GTX 780 Ti Superclocked): You must login or register to view this content.
PSU (Evga1000W): You must login or register to view this content.
HardDrive(1TB): You must login or register to view this content.
RAM (Ripjaws 16GB): You must login or register to view this content.
Aftermarket CPU Cooler: You must login or register to view this content.

Do you think this is good enough to run CoD/Battlefield on max settings?
I need some opinions, advice etc.
Thanks.

The following user thanked kciN for this useful post:

Artsy
09-21-2014, 07:23 AM #2
Modus
¯\_(ツWinky Winky_/¯
Originally posted by kciN1337 View Post
Processor (i7 3.6 gHz): You must login or register to view this content.
Motherboard(Asus Sabertooth X79): You must login or register to view this content.
GPU(Evga GTX 780 Ti Superclocked): You must login or register to view this content.

Thanks.

You chose the ugliest case on newegg. Congrats.

The following user thanked Modus for this useful post:

Madison Taylor
09-21-2014, 10:08 AM #3
You might as well wait for the gtx980 instead of getting a 780Ti at this point which is seriously fucking overpriced for a slight boost in performance, also if you're just going for games an i7 is unnecessary as games do not make use of hyper threading which is the sole reason people get i7's. You would only benefit from an i7 if you're doing a huge amount of heavy video editing, I would recommended getting a high end i5 (Intel Core i5-4690K @ 3.50GHz or Intel Core i5-4670K @ 3.40GHz) and using the money saved on a better GPU or SSD. 1000W PSU is totally excessive too and I'm not sure of the technicalities but I don't believe you can even overclock the CPU you've selected (or if you can not by much hence why you'd be better of getting one with the letter "K" as these can be over clocked more though I'm not sure so someone may have to correct me on this) Also you're not planning to use multiple GPU's either so I still can't see why you would even need 1000W Power Supply, 600W or 700W would be enough. As for HDD's, I'd recommended getting an SSD and installing your OS and some games on there for a good performance boost.

As for case and motherboard, you can be fairly open with what you choose, when choosing the Mobo just make sure you have enough sockets for the shit you want especially if you're ever planning to crossfire GPU's or add more RAM or even want onboard graphics etc. Case, you'd need to make sure that everything you've selected is the right form factor and not too big or going to obstruct anything as that aftermarket cooler is pretty large you'd probably want to make sure the case is wide enough for it, though if you're in doubt you could switch to closed loop watercooling or using low profile RAM to stop shit being obstructed. Also use the website pcpartpicker to do your build, this site identifies most of the compatibility issues for you.

The following 2 users say thank you to Madison Taylor for this useful post:

kciN,
09-21-2014, 12:48 PM #4
Processor (i7 3.6 gHz): You must login or register to view this content.

Thanks.

This will run Cod and Battlefield at max setting and I'm presuming your only using this build for gaming. If your using this as a workstation computer as well I can tweak it for you

You must login or register to view this content.

The following user thanked Silent Assassin for this useful post:

kciN
09-21-2014, 04:18 PM #5
kciN
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by Modus View Post
You chose the ugliest case on newegg. Congrats.

lmao someone around my location is selling this computer. It's already built and he's wanting to get rid of it for $800. I do admit the case is ugly though, but it's just a case and I'm not worried about it as long as the computer does its purpose. I don't know anything about computers which is why I came to ask for help and to make sure I'm getting a good deal or not.
Last edited by kciN ; 09-21-2014 at 04:25 PM.
09-21-2014, 05:52 PM #6
Toke
PC Master Race
lmao someone around my location is selling this computer. It's already built and he's wanting to get rid of it for $800. I do admit the case is ugly though, but it's just a case and I'm not worried about it as long as the computer does its purpose. I don't know anything about computers which is why I came to ask for help and to make sure I'm getting a good deal or not.

That's a strong scam, $800 for a pc that costs over $2000
09-22-2014, 01:57 AM #7
kciN
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by Toke View Post
That's a strong scam, $800 for a pc that costs over $2000

"Selling my high end gaming rig. Just built it back in May, but I decided I want to move to the cheaper alternative, console gaming. I put over $2 grand into this machine,the video card alone is the price of a decent computer, so I'm hoping to just get back a fraction of what I put into it. Theres nothing this thing cannot handle. 60 FPS in any game, max settings. And also, its quiet. Pretty firm on price, but we'll see what happens

Note: It is assembled at my house and ready for a demonstration. Also included is keyboard, mouse, and Windows 7 Premium 64bit with the packaging."

He lives like 3 hours away from me and he said he's willing to demonstrate that it works etc. It's not like I'm getting it shipped or anything across states. The worst that can happen is him killing me. I'm definitely going to be snagging this.
#GoodbyeConsole
Last edited by kciN ; 09-22-2014 at 02:00 AM.
09-22-2014, 11:54 PM #8
Rath
Today Will Be Different
"Selling my high end gaming rig. Just built it back in May, but I decided I want to move to the cheaper alternative, console gaming. I put over $2 grand into this machine,the video card alone is the price of a decent computer, so I'm hoping to just get back a fraction of what I put into it. Theres nothing this thing cannot handle. 60 FPS in any game, max settings. And also, its quiet. Pretty firm on price, but we'll see what happens

Note: It is assembled at my house and ready for a demonstration. Also included is keyboard, mouse, and Windows 7 Premium 64bit with the packaging."

He lives like 3 hours away from me and he said he's willing to demonstrate that it works etc. It's not like I'm getting it shipped or anything across states. The worst that can happen is him killing me. I'm definitely going to be snagging this.
#GoodbyeConsole

Funny you mention him killing you, I think more along the lines of robbing you out of $800. Albeit murder is still a possibility. Just think about it, he paid $2k to build this computer but he wants $800 so he can swap to console gaming. Sounds like a major scam/armed robbery. He keeps his computer, takes your money and ends up buying a PS4 and Xbox One.
09-23-2014, 01:43 AM #9
kciN
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by Rath View Post
Funny you mention him killing you, I think more along the lines of robbing you out of $800. Albeit murder is still a possibility. Just think about it, he paid $2k to build this computer but he wants $800 so he can swap to console gaming. Sounds like a major scam/armed robbery. He keeps his computer, takes your money and ends up buying a PS4 and Xbox One.

I'm definitely not stupid enough to come by myself or let alone come in a strangers house with $800.
I'd bring a couple friends and I'd keep the money in the car and let him demonstrate etc.
09-23-2014, 01:51 AM #10
Rath
Today Will Be Different
I'm definitely not stupid enough to come by myself or let alone come in a strangers house with $800.
I'd bring a couple friends and I'd keep the money in the car and let him demonstrate etc.

Still you'd be surprised what people will do. A couple hours away from me someone did something similar, all four of them still ended up murdered.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo