09-29-2014, 07:06 AM #1
Cryptic
Former Staff | Content Manager
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

The rumor has circulated for a while, but it looks like Windows 9 will be available free to owners of Windows 8. That's according to Indonesian news site Detik.com, which has published a statement by Microsoft Indonesia's Andreas Diantoro seemingly confirming the news. According to a Google translation of the article, Diantoro said Windows 8 will "update automatically" to the new edition of the operating system when it releases.

According to the article Diantoro makes this claim regarding codename 'Threshold', which is believed to be Windows 9. Whether the upgrade will apply to owners of Windows 7 or Vista is not specified.

The news comes ahead of an expected preview edition of Windows 9, which will reportedly release either September or October. Given we're fairly late in September now, it's reasonable to assume the date has been pushed to October, though Microsoft is expected to officially unveil the new OS during a September 30 event in San Francisco (that's tomorrow). Chief among the expected changes is the glorious return of the Windows start button.

Windows 9 is expected to release in April.

Source: You must login or register to view this content.

Yes it's copyrino pastachino. Deal with it.
Last edited by Cryptic ; 09-29-2014 at 07:10 AM.

The following 5 users say thank you to Cryptic for this useful post:

Geo, JordanCarr, Pichu, Ciri
09-29-2014, 07:16 AM #2
Sniper-
Do a barrel roll!
Windows 7 is still better Tustin

The following 2 users say thank you to Sniper- for this useful post:

EncepT, ShinigamiUzi
09-29-2014, 07:21 AM #3
JuggaloRipper
Do a barrel roll!
Agreed!!!
09-29-2014, 07:30 AM #4
Cryptic
Former Staff | Content Manager
Originally posted by Sniper
Windows 7 is still better Tustin

You'll want Windows 8. The (shitty imo) start menu returns just like it was in Win7, but with all the speed and benefits of Win8.
09-29-2014, 07:49 AM #5
MeowDev
Power to the Premium
Isn't this to be announced on the 30th? + Anyone think this will be the 'Vista' of the previous 'XP'.
09-29-2014, 08:17 AM #6
Rath
Today Will Be Different
I'm not looking forward to this, nor the automatic update. Admittedly I was one to bash Windows 8.1 because of the new start menu or whatever they called it. I for the longest time was a die hard Windows 7 till I die kind of guy. But after using 8.1 I've grown to really like the start menu. I've got my tiles setup the way I want, and I like it that way.

If Windows 9 is reverting back to Windows 7 start menu, count me out.

You must login or register to view this content.

Clean, sleek, and setup the way I want it.
09-29-2014, 09:29 AM #7
Pixie Lott
Keep it MeLLo
By the looks of what ive read on The Verge It wont be called Windows 9
09-29-2014, 09:59 AM #8
xkoeckiiej
At least I can fight
Win Xp ftw!
09-29-2014, 10:37 AM #9
Joel
[move]Sal:madsal::laim:[/move]
lol NOW they want to revert to Windows 7 theme :ha!: