12-15-2014, 10:11 AM #1
bevy300
Little One
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi everyone,
I recently have entered the market for a dual monitor set up. There are two monitors that I really like right now. One is the Acer H236HL, and the other is the ASUS VN247H-P. My main purpose will be for gaming on ps4 and on my pc powered by my Lenovo y50.

Acer Pros
Edge to edge glossy glass display
IPS panel
Thin bezels

Cons
Only one hdmi port on each monitor (it can be fixed with a switcher)

Asus pros
Thin bezels
1ms responce

Cons
TN panel

I would go for the Asus but one thing that bothers me is the TN panel. I have had bad experience in the past with bad viewing angles.

So in your opinion what would be the better moniter?
12-15-2014, 01:00 PM #2
IPS always, also why not go for a higher res, 1920x1080 is really low. 2560 x 1440 is super nice. and personally I don't care about response time difference from IPS to TN, I don't think that matter unless you were playing area shooter games like quake or something.
12-15-2014, 03:03 PM #3
Rath
Today Will Be Different
For console gaming I'd definitely try and stay away from TN panels. The only time I'd honestly recommend them is for first person shooters like Counter-Strike or like Madison stated previously, for arena shooters like Quake or Unreal Tournament. Honestly the IPS is going to be your best bet. As for resolution, I couldn't help you there. Resolution just comes down to preference, some people like 1440p and some people still like 1080p.
12-15-2014, 04:26 PM #4
Originally posted by bevy300 View Post
Hi everyone,
I recently have entered the market for a dual monitor set up. There are two monitors that I really like right now. One is the Acer H236HL, and the other is the ASUS VN247H-P. My main purpose will be for gaming on ps4 and on my pc powered by my Lenovo y50.

Acer Pros
IPS panel
Thin bezels

Cons

Asus pros
Thin bezels
1ms responce

Cons
TN panel

I would go for the Asus but one thing that bothers me is the TN panel. I have had bad experience in the past with bad viewing angles.

To be honest I would go with the benQ monitor 27(You must login or register to view this content.) or if u want duel monitors I would go 2 of the 24 inch benQs(You must login or register to view this content.).
I have had benQs for a really long time and it is such a great monitor, I find it better then the Asus I have
12-15-2014, 05:07 PM #5
Rath
Today Will Be Different
Originally posted by Prime
To be honest I would go with the benQ monitor 27(You must login or register to view this content.) or if u want duel monitors I would go 2 of the 24 inch benQs(You must login or register to view this content.).
I have had benQs for a really long time and it is such a great monitor, I find it better then the Asus I have

The problem though is that the BenQ is a high performance TN panel which the OP doesn't need for console gaming. He's never going to reach any frames near the 144Hz the xl2420z puts out. Now if he had a decent PC and needed the 144Hz 1ms response time I'd definitely recommend the xl2420z over my vg248qe, if he can afford it.
12-15-2014, 06:16 PM #6
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by Rath View Post
The problem though is that the BenQ is a high performance TN panel which the OP doesn't need for console gaming. He's never going to reach any frames near the 144Hz the xl2420z puts out. Now if he had a decent PC and needed the 144Hz 1ms response time I'd definitely recommend the xl2420z over my vg248qe, if he can afford it.

Op is a console peasant so the cheapest ips monitor at 5ms responce will work basically
12-15-2014, 08:36 PM #7
Gambler
Former Mod
Originally posted by bevy300 View Post
Hi everyone,

Acer Pros
IPS panel
Thin bezels

Cons

Asus pros
Thin bezels
1ms responce

Cons
TN panel

BenQ gaming monitor. Best in my opinion. I've used it for 2 years. MLG official lan setup.
12-15-2014, 11:47 PM #8
kciN
< ^ > < ^ >
In my opinion, I'd go with the ASUS VN247H-P
Mine came in the other day and I love it!
12-16-2014, 12:19 AM #9
bevy300
Little One
It's not just for console gaming, I have a gaming laptop, the only issue is that I don't know if it will achieve over 60fps on high end games, which makes my need for a monitor over 60hz unnecessary. I also only play fps games, and that's why I'm asking if the response time matters, because to my knowledge based off youtubers a higher response time allows your eye to follow moving targets better.
12-16-2014, 12:19 AM #10
bevy300
Little One
I mentioned in my post that I have a gaming PC.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo