01-06-2015, 12:16 AM #1
AgentJon
Former Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So, I got caught multiple times by my ISP for downloading copyrighted stuff (movies) and by using P2P thingys (bittorrent).
SO.
How do I mask myself so I can download things with ease and not get caught by my ISP (time Warner)?
See I know the terms, proxy, firewalls, VPNs, but I don't know how to do them lol.

If I get caught one more time, I get my internet shut down so don't fuck up NGU.
01-15-2015, 01:38 AM #11
Dan
I'm a god.
Originally posted by Agentjon View Post
Okay so, get a VPN and my ISP won't be able to see what I'm doing?
Is it worth getting the premium service from CyberGhost? I'm not opposed to paying a few bucks a month.

Getting premium just gives your more bandwidth, etc. so if you have the few extra bucks, go ahead. There's other VPN services also, before you just jump into CyberGhost have a look and compare to others.
01-18-2015, 04:26 PM #12
Mr Grumpy
< ^ > < ^ >
heres some links before you go buying VPN services :
You must login or register to view this content.

Note don't let anybody fool you, nothing is 100%, peerblock only blocks 'known' ip addresses, this means that anybody who isn't on the blacklist can still track you. Peerblock just minimizes this, but its pretty pointless tbh. I would suggest picking out a VPN service best suited for you, try to stick to direct download links, and if you have to use torrents, don't seed/download for too long. Since anybody can see who is torrenting that file in real time. Your best bet is to just switch ISP's, since ISP's can still see everything you do. All the data that you send/gets sent to you passes through their services, there is no way to hide this data unless the uploaded encrypts it, and the downloader decrypts it.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo