01-22-2015, 04:06 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I've heard the news about Window 10 and everything, but why did they skip from 8.1 to 10? I can't find any information on the reason.
01-22-2015, 11:52 PM #2
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by Frosty
I've heard the news about Window 10 and everything, but why did they skip from 8.1 to 10? I can't find any information on the reason.

Got rolled into Windows 10, company wanted to avoid any link to 8 and also wanted to show a change in direction was real. Based on what we seen apart from the gaming side looking good.

The following 4 users say thank you to ResistTheSun for this useful post:

Alan., BigTrain, kciN
01-23-2015, 07:22 PM #3
Millz
Worth the Weight
I've heard the news about Window 10 and everything, but why did they skip from 8.1 to 10? I can't find any information on the reason.

I've read something about there being issues with old Legacy code (if they used 9 instead of 10) that's still in place since Windows 95/98, but I can't really confirm that.

Also because 7 ate 9.
01-23-2015, 08:57 PM #4

like sun said they didnt want to name it 9 and show oh we added very little , using 10 and how they have been naming things they skipped the number 9 which sorta did hit market think it was more of a mobile thing then desktop and went to 10 to show that hey we get people hated 8 and not everyone wanted to use it so where coming back to support gamers and your average desktop users with a os that can support both.If you remember vista skipped the number 6 and xp wasnt really a number/year either

The following 2 users say thank you to Alexis Rhodes for this useful post:

BigTrain,
01-27-2015, 06:32 PM #5
King Sosa
Error… Cat invasion!

I'm still wondering how they went from "Xbox 360" to "Xbox One" lol
02-16-2015, 05:20 AM #6
JB
[i]Remember, no Russian.[/i]
Originally posted by King
I'm still wondering how they went from "Xbox 360" to "Xbox One" lol

Because it was 359 steps backwards. Kappa
02-16-2015, 05:23 AM #7
Modus
¯\_(ツWinky Winky_/¯
Microsoft doesn't know how to count. How do you think they came up with the Xbox One's name?
02-16-2015, 05:28 AM #8
Tyler
NumberBIGBABY Woot
Originally posted by FROSTY

I was talking with my co-worker computer technician about this, I personally think that Microsoft will be using the same OS version numbering scale as OSX (i.e 10.5, 10.6). Just my personal opinion on it.
02-16-2015, 05:30 AM #9
JB
[i]Remember, no Russian.[/i]
Originally posted by Tyler View Post
I was talking with my co-worker computer technician about this, I personally think that Microsoft will be using the same OS version numbering scale as OSX (i.e 10.5, 10.6). Just my personal opinion on it.

For some reason, that genuinely wouldn't surprise me. They already kinda jumped the gun by releasing Windows 8.1 - that shows they're quite willing to release revisions cloaked under a new version string.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo