01-23-2015, 12:07 AM #1
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Cortana
Eco system which is universal
Support across all platforms
Project Spartan new web browser
Xbox support clip sharing friends list and streaming xbox games to your PC

Video round up which relates to gaming can be found here and You must login or register to view this content.

Windows 10 is looking quite good apart from gaming wise which is just confusing.

The following 2 users say thank you to ResistTheSun for this useful post:

One, Alan.
01-23-2015, 05:50 AM #2
Alan.
< ^ > < ^ >
Excited for the new browser. R.I.P Internet Explorer
01-23-2015, 08:23 AM #3
Originally posted by Alan. View Post

from what i heard they are not dropping IE ,they are updating it and making a brand new one i think their wanting to drop it down the road tho last time they forced software on people windows 8 happened look how that turned out

The following user thanked Alexis Rhodes for this useful post:

Alan.
01-23-2015, 02:14 PM #4
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by Alan. View Post

Changing the name doesn't change the browser.

The following 2 users say thank you to Oneup for this useful post:

Alan., Geo
01-24-2015, 11:19 PM #5
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by Alexis
from what i heard they are not dropping IE ,they are updating it and making a brand new one i think their wanting to drop it down the road tho last time they forced software on people windows 8 happened look how that turned out

Sounds like the company wants to rebrand it over complete new engine we see.....if anything shows you how toxic IE is as a brand now.
01-26-2015, 06:23 PM #6
Geo
Don't Believe The Title
Looks good for gaming, but not yet... I am having troubles installing nVidia drivers on the current build, but I will let you know later on how things go ^^
01-26-2015, 06:34 PM #7
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by Geo View Post
Looks good for gaming, but not yet... I am having troubles installing nVidia drivers on the current build, but I will let you know later on how things go ^^

What troubles are you having? Are you having problems with it Blue screening?
01-26-2015, 06:39 PM #8
Geo
Don't Believe The Title
Originally posted by 1UP View Post
What troubles are you having? Are you having problems with it Blue screening?

No nothing major, it would not automatically detect that I needed a driver for my card. Simple solution was to manually find the correct drivers from the site using the model picker and downloading it from there. Everything graphically seems OK now.
01-26-2015, 06:41 PM #9
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by Geo View Post
No nothing major, it would not automatically detect that I needed a driver for my card. Simple solution was to manually find the correct drivers from the site using the model picker and downloading it from there. Everything graphically seems OK now.

It won't do that to begin with. Windows will always install a generic driver and as far as I am aware has not provided driver updates for nvidia / amd since early windows 7.
01-26-2015, 06:48 PM #10
Geo
Don't Believe The Title
Originally posted by 1UP View Post
It won't do that to begin with. Windows will always install a generic driver and as far as I am aware has not provided driver updates for nvidia / amd since early windows 7.

Regularly on GF Experience (Win 8.1 Pro) it would detect the card and fetch the necessary drivers for it (as it should) but for this it was unable to do so. Probably should have mentioned that I was using that third party program...

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo