Post: Nvidia GPUs do not support DX12 Asynchronous Compute/Shaders.
08-31-2015, 11:04 AM #1
Default Avatar
Brad
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); /u/SilverforceG has made an interesting post on reddit.

Link to post: You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by Brad ; 08-31-2015 at 09:31 PM.
08-31-2015, 03:42 PM #2
Thanks for sharing.
09-13-2015, 07:49 PM #3
CyberNomadic
Web Developer
I'm pretty sure its a driver update away.
09-13-2015, 09:25 PM #4
nice and thanks15
09-14-2015, 01:19 AM #5
Originally posted by Alt View Post
/u/SilverforceG has made an interesting post on reddit.

Link to post: You must login or register to view this content.

only the fury cards support dx12 fully atm hardware feature level 12_1 at least , next nvidia gpu's will have this stuff pretty sure maxwell is on its way out the door
09-14-2015, 11:53 AM #6
Default Avatar
Brad
Originally posted by Alexis
only the fury cards support dx12 fully atm hardware feature level 12_1 at least , next nvidia gpu's will have this stuff pretty sure maxwell is on its way out the door

No card support ALL features of DX12 at the moment. Smile
09-26-2015, 02:11 AM #7
Originally posted by Brad View Post
No card support ALL features of DX12 at the moment. Smile

actually only the fury series cards do due to mantel support and open cl 2.0 being supported already hardware wise but thats ok cause i dont care your opinions Vulcan will probably become the standard for anything outside of gaming anyway
09-27-2015, 01:06 PM #8
Default Avatar
Brad
Originally posted by Alexis
actually only the fury series cards do due to mantel support and open cl 2.0 being supported already hardware wise but thats ok cause i dont care your opinions Vulcan will probably become the standard for anything outside of gaming anyway

"I think gamers are learning an important lesson: there's no such thing as "full support" for DX12 on the market today.
There have been many attempts to distract people from this truth through campaigns that deliberately conflate feature levels, individual untiered features and the definition of "support." This has been confusing, and caused so much unnecessary heartache and rumor-mongering.
Here is the unvarnished truth: Every graphics architecture has unique features, and no one architecture has them all. Some of those unique features are more powerful than others.
Yes, we're extremely pleased that people are finally beginning to see the game of chess we've been playing with the interrelationship of GCN, Mantle, DX12, Vulkan and LiquidVR."

You must login or register to view this content.

The following user thanked Brad for this useful post:

DaenerysTargy
11-08-2015, 07:01 PM #9
Would the 980ti have full dx12 support?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo