03-06-2016, 09:44 PM #1
sirjakey
Debugger
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Looking for opinions here. What is the #1 Antivirus for windows 10.
03-06-2016, 10:06 PM #2
Octolus
I defeated!
Eset nod32

The following 4 users say thank you to Octolus for this useful post:

Jgood, kushers1337, sirjakey, Jon Snow
03-07-2016, 03:51 PM #3
GamminModzV17
Bounty hunter
I say AVG, Also i can provide you the Serial Key that wont expire until 2018.... PM Me....
03-07-2016, 08:47 PM #4
Specter
Pro Memer
Originally posted by GamminModzV17 View Post
I say AVG, Also i can provide you the Serial Key that wont expire until 2018.... PM Me....

Nope, the last time I used AVG was horrible, I'd put it on a brand new laptop out of the box and it went slower than a PC I had from 2003, it's absolutely stupid how much AVG uses in terms of resources.
03-08-2016, 02:04 PM #5
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by Specter View Post
Nope, the last time I used AVG was horrible, I'd put it on a brand new laptop out of the box and it went slower than a PC I had from 2003, it's absolutely stupid how much AVG uses in terms of resources.

Uses next to nothing. However it feel like borderline malware at this point because it will do shit without you telling it to or flat out ignore what you tell it. Oh whats that , you said no to our toolbar installation? Yea we are going to do that anyways and just to piss you off we are going to change your homepage.
In terms of an anti virus it's not bad. However due to what I just said I wouldn't use it.

The following user thanked Oneup for this useful post:

Specter
03-08-2016, 02:50 PM #6
GamminModzV17
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Oneup View Post
Uses next to nothing. However it feel like borderline malware at this point because it will do shit without you telling it to or flat out ignore what you tell it. Oh whats that , you said no to our toolbar installation? Yea we are going to do that anyways and just to piss you off we are going to change your homepage.
In terms of an anti virus it's not bad. However due to what I just said I wouldn't use it.

Originally posted by Specter View Post

Well to avoid the installation of The toolbar and other features that avg will put in your browser you can do a custom installation and uncheck the change search engine to yahoo and set homepage also, install AVG tool bar..

(In other words you can avoid the AVG toolbar and search engine change)
03-08-2016, 02:52 PM #7
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by GamminModzV17 View Post
Well to avoid the installation of The toolbar and other features that avg will put in your browser you can do a custom installation and uncheck the change search engine to yahoo and set homepage also, install AVG tool bar..

(In other words you can avoid the AVG toolbar and search engine change)

No you actually can't. They push this down in the application updates all the time. Even if you uncheck those options they still install. Which is why I said what I said.
03-08-2016, 02:55 PM #8
GamminModzV17
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Oneup View Post
No you actually can't. They push this down in the application updates all the time. Even if you uncheck those options they still install. Which is why I said what I said.

But i never had the AVG Toolbar on my browser tho?? Nor change my Search Engine??
03-10-2016, 02:00 PM #9
I'd say +1 to octolus answer above, I'd go one step further & say get their smart security package which covers malware and host of other features.
03-13-2016, 06:58 PM #10
ultimatemvc3
Save Point
I recommend Avast. It runs smooth and its compatible with Malwarebytes. Never encountered any problems using Avast for 4+ years.

The following user thanked ultimatemvc3 for this useful post:

Desard152

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo