03-19-2016, 09:26 PM #1
modernwarhero
im behind u
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi all,

So had a touch screen vaio filed away under the bed as you do for some time now. It's running windows 8 unfortunately, W8 is the bane of of my life when it comes to OS.....guess that's why the poor things been living with the monsters under my bed.

Maybe you guys have some tips on making windows 8 easier to use? Please don't say run windows 10....I'm slightly paranoid about the fact it's a free upgrade at a time when the world is so corrupt. Downgrading just seems like hassle.

Anyway, wondering what peoples opinions are on the best software to install???? Anti-virus, firewall, anonymity and other must have warez. Links to genuine and safe downloads....I'd be very grateful for :0)

Cheers lads and lasses.
03-31-2016, 08:29 PM #2
Originally posted by modernwarhero View Post
Hi all,

So had a touch screen vaio filed away under the bed as you do for some time now. It's running windows 8 unfortunately, W8 is the bane of of my life when it comes to OS.....guess that's why the poor things been living with the monsters under my bed.

Maybe you guys have some tips on making windows 8 easier to use? Please don't say run windows 10....I'm slightly paranoid about the fact it's a free upgrade at a time when the world is so corrupt. Downgrading just seems like hassle.

Anyway, wondering what peoples opinions are on the best software to install???? Anti-virus, firewall, anonymity and other must have warez. Links to genuine and safe downloads....I'd be very grateful for :0)

Cheers lads and lasses.

There is a program that installs a start menu type bar that windows 7 had on windows 8, you'll have to look into it if you want it but that might help you forget you are using windows 8
And you are right about avoiding windows 10 must likely, I'm afraid PC gaming might die to windows 10 the way microshaft is playing their cards.
The program incompatibility is just amazing too.

The following user thanked DaenerysTargy for this useful post:

modernwarhero
04-01-2016, 03:57 PM #3
Default Avatar
Oneup
Hi all,

Cheers lads and lasses.

There's nothing wrong with windows 10. Its a step above 8 and if you are already on that you might as well get it for free while you can. People who bitch about 10 generally have nothing specific to bitch about.

The following user thanked Oneup for this useful post:

John
04-06-2016, 10:59 PM #4
modernwarhero
im behind u
Originally posted by F33L View Post
There is a program that installs a start menu type bar that windows 7 had on windows 8, you'll have to look into it if you want it but that might help you forget you are using windows 8
And you are right about avoiding windows 10 must likely, I'm afraid PC gaming might die to windows 10 the way microshaft is playing their cards.
The program incompatibility is just amazing too.

Cheers FEEL, I'll defo look for the menu bar. Having no experience with pc gaming(I'm totally useless when it comes to using a mouse and keyboard) can't comment on the w10 gaming performance.......I'll take your word as gospel. Really have a hatred for all the in my opinion stupidly useless apps packed in with w8 and w10.
04-06-2016, 11:03 PM #5
modernwarhero
im behind u
Originally posted by EYE
Upgrading to Win 10 is legit.. its done by Microsoft :blank:

No doubt the upgrade is legit. Just have concerns that maybe they have built in some sort of tracking or spyware.....maybe I'm just a paranoid freak haha

The following user thanked modernwarhero for this useful post:

BurtE
04-07-2016, 11:07 AM #6
BurtE
NextGenUpdate Elite
No doubt the upgrade is legit. Just have concerns that maybe they have built in some sort of tracking or spyware.....maybe I'm just a paranoid freak haha

I totally agree! they have too much control over your data!
04-07-2016, 01:42 PM #7
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by BurtE View Post
I totally agree! they have too much control over your data!

It's almost like no one else tracks information.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo