Post: Looking for someone with experience in ethical hacking
11-06-2016, 09:38 PM #1
ShinigamiUzi
Proud to be a Player
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi, i have a project in the ethical hacking course, i'm looking for someone to guide me with it, i'll pay via paypal*

heres summary of whats needed

"The project involves testing a numberof VMs, each has its own settings and configurations (e.g. different OS, ports,
services, versions, etc.). Some of the VMs are intentionally vulnerable and
therefore can be exploited.
The VMs are password-protected and theonly way to gain access is to apply your ethical hacking skills. You will be
given two VMs."*
11-06-2016, 10:01 PM #2
Toke
PC Master Race
so your looking on ngu for a whitehat? when the site is filled with script kiddies and a member or so here and their that knows what they are talking about let alone doing

The following 3 users say thank you to Toke for this useful post:

Glittery Penis Skittle, Hydrogen,
11-09-2016, 06:03 PM #3
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Originally posted by Toke View Post
so your looking on ngu for a whitehat? when the site is filled with script kiddies and a member or so here and their that knows what they are talking about let alone doing

Finally I see some positive feedback from you. I'm proud to say congrats on your MOTM. Say some more facts for this fellow user one more timeeeee!
11-09-2016, 11:04 PM #4
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by Hydrogen View Post
Finally I see some positive feedback from you. I'm proud to say congrats on your MOTM. Say some more facts for this fellow user one more timeeeee!

You must login or register to view this content.
11-20-2016, 05:13 AM #5
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by ShinigamiUzi View Post
Hi, i have a project in the ethical hacking course, i'm looking for someone to guide me with it, i'll pay via paypal*

"The project involves testing a numberof VMs, each has its own settings and configurations (e.g. different OS, ports,
The VMs are password-protected and theonly way to gain access is to apply your ethical hacking skills. You will be
given two VMs."*

Really depends what OS's you are running. Pretty much any windows OS can have the passwords reset with just a boot disk. Some distros of linux have a similar issue where you can reset the root password through a boot disk as well.
11-21-2016, 03:27 AM #6
Specter
Pro Memer
Originally posted by ShinigamiUzi View Post
Hi, i have a project in the ethical hacking course, i'm looking for someone to guide me with it, i'll pay via paypal*

given two VMs."*

From the context of what they want, you'll probably need to exploit some sort of service running on the VM to escalate your privileges (similar to a wargame or CTF). If the course is fairly beginner-ish they may want you to exploit a simple buffer/heap overflow or a format string vulnerability. Can't tell for sure but that sounds like what they want. Or - if they give you version information of the system/programs, they may want you to do a bit of research to find CVE's that have already been written about that affect those versions and utilize an already released POC or something.
11-21-2016, 07:01 AM #7
ShinigamiUzi
Proud to be a Player
Originally posted by Specter View Post
From the context of what they want, you'll probably need to exploit some sort of service running on the VM to escalate your privileges (similar to a wargame or CTF). If the course is fairly beginner-ish they may want you to exploit a simple buffer/heap overflow or a format string vulnerability. Can't tell for sure but that sounds like what they want. Or - if they give you version information of the system/programs, they may want you to do a bit of research to find CVE's that have already been written about that affect those versions and utilize an already released POC or something.

yeah the VMs are Holynix2 and CTF8

I need to find 3 vulnerabilities and exploit them

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo