Post: How to Download an Online Game .exe on School Laptops?
11-26-2016, 07:57 AM #1
Hydrogen
Super Mod
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello NextGenUpdate, so i've been trying to download an online game onto my school laptop. So I tried using my old method where I download it, right click, "show in folder". Then click and hold it on the installer.exe. Drag it to Local C > Windows > Tracing. After, I right click on the download, and go to properties. I go to security and allow "Full Control" of the Admin, Local Network, User, and Network User.

When I click the .exe to download, it still tells me "This program is blocked by group policy, for more information contact your administrator."

Weird how I tried running .exe's of other online games on other school laptops and download normally, but can't get this certain game to download.

Does anyone know a way to bypass the group policy? It'll be greatful Sal
11-26-2016, 07:59 AM #2
Kronos
Former Staff
Originally posted by Hydrogen View Post
Hello NextGenUpdate, so i've been trying to download an online game onto my school laptop. So I tried using my old method where I download it, right click, "show in folder". Then click and hold it on the installer.exe. Drag it to Local C > Windows > Tracing. After, I right click on the download, and go to properties. I go to security and allow "Full Control" of the Admin, Local Network, User, and Network User.

When I click the .exe to download, it still tells me "This program is blocked by group policy, for more information contact your administrator."

Weird how I tried running .exe's of other online games on other school laptops and download normally, but can't get this certain game to download.

could it be flagging some sort of anti virus, either that or it needs Admin persmisson to run, which i take it you dont have
11-26-2016, 08:03 AM #3
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Originally posted by Kronos View Post
could it be flagging some sort of anti virus, either that or it needs Admin persmisson to run, which i take it you dont have

Virus? Nigga really wat lol.

and yeah I need the admin permission. Tried Full Control Sal sucks that didnt work out

The following user thanked Hydrogen for this useful post:

TheReturn
11-26-2016, 08:08 AM #4
Kronos
Former Staff
Virus? Nigga really wat lol.

and yeah I need the admin permission. Tried Full Control Sal sucks that didnt work out

well if u downloaded the game from a dodgy place lel school antiviruses are in particular very anal considering they dont want shit in ther system
11-26-2016, 08:08 AM #5
Dacoco
I void warranties.
Hello NextGenUpdate, so i've been trying to download an online game onto my school laptop. So I tried using my old method where I download it, right click, "show in folder". Then click and hold it on the installer.exe. Drag it to Local C > Windows > Tracing. After, I right click on the download, and go to properties. I go to security and allow "Full Control" of the Admin, Local Network, User, and Network User.

You must login or register to view this content.
11-26-2016, 08:26 AM #6
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Still need help :( Cant run CMD Prompt by the way.. still have restrictions
11-26-2016, 11:25 PM #7
TehMerkMods
I’m too L33T

Re-install the os... Sorted make a list off all their programs and just reinstall them under your own password or try and get the password by other means Winky Winky
11-26-2016, 11:32 PM #8
Toke
PC Master Race
Still need help :( Cant run CMD Prompt by the way.. still have restrictions

its a school laptop, use it for school work not games
11-27-2016, 09:06 AM #9
How to bypass group policy?

Yeah, just remove the machine from the domain, though after that you may not even be able to log back in as yourself and would likely need to have the administrator password, unless your account was set up on the machine specifically.
11-28-2016, 12:40 PM #10
zundappchef
Vault dweller
depending on the operating system but almost every user should be able to use cmd
if not then powershell
press the windows button and X and u wil get a menu that should suggest them
and if that is not the option just go to the win32 folder and rename cmd to cmd1 or something like that
when all of that does not work go into win safe mode
and do ur stuff from the cmd line there
breaking out of the sandbox that is called users shouldnt be that big of a problem
i did it a few times and there is plenty of stuff on google of it
if u dont realy want to do anything like that then do this

on the admin acount

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo