Post: DreamHack Open: Cluj-Napoca 2015 Discussion [GTFIH]
10-31-2015, 01:14 AM #1
Rath
Today Will Be Different
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
DreamHack Open: Cluj-Napoca 2015 Discussion

Day 3 just wrapped up and we definitely saw some amazing games in this group stage. I had some strong feelings NiP was going to sweep their bo3. I'd be lying if I told you that I wasn't surprised about the CLG-Na'Vi game going to the third map. For awhile I thought the CLG comeback was real. What are your opinions on who won today? What are your predictions for the quarterfinals tomorrow?

I'm certain Fnatic is going to topple EnVyUs. I think Virtus is going to beat G2, but I won't be surprised if it goes to the 3rd map. I honestly shouldn't have a prediction for that match because I've yet to see G2 play nor do I know who's on their roster. Then of course you have TSM vs NiP. This one is probably going to be the hardest prediction of them all, mainly because you have two great teams. I personally think TSM is a more well rounded team. Cajunb is also a better awp than Allu. But it ultimately comes down to the maps. I'm just going to go ahead and throw a chance NiP down. Then LG will probably whoop Na'Vi. Na'Vi has always been a consistently inconsistent team. They've definitely improved, but Brazil is starting to make a lot of waves in the scene.
10-31-2015, 01:41 PM #2
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by Rath View Post
DreamHack Open: Cluj-Napoca 2015 Discussion

Day 3 just wrapped up and we definitely saw some amazing games in this group stage. I had some strong feelings NiP was going to sweep their bo3. I'd be lying if I told you that I wasn't surprised about the CLG-Na'Vi game going to the third map. For awhile I thought the CLG comeback was real. What are your opinions on who won today? What are your predictions for the quarterfinals tomorrow?

I'm certain Fnatic is going to topple EnVyUs. I think Virtus is going to beat G2, but I won't be surprised if it goes to the 3rd map. I honestly shouldn't have a prediction for that match because I've yet to see G2 play nor do I know who's on their roster. Then of course you have TSM vs NiP. This one is probably going to be the hardest prediction of them all, mainly because you have two great teams. I personally think TSM is a more well rounded team. Cajunb is also a better awp than Allu. But it ultimately comes down to the maps. I'm just going to go ahead and throw a chance NiP down. Then LG will probably whoop Na'Vi. Na'Vi has always been a consistently inconsistent team. They've definitely improved, but Brazil is starting to make a lot of waves in the scene.

NiP 4 Life
10-31-2015, 05:39 PM #3
Rath
Today Will Be Different
Damn bro I threw down the chance NiP last night. I knew I should have taken a chance bet and gone all in. I'm honestly surprised that fnatic lost. I was looking on hltv and that 16-2 on cache was bad, they definitely choked on that one. I'm more surprised that G2 won their bo3 with a sweep. I think I need to look into their roster and check out who plays for them. All I got say is BR sweep incoming over Na'Vi hype!. McCoy
10-31-2015, 06:54 PM #4
Toke
PC Master Race
Damn bro I threw down the chance NiP last night. I knew I should have taken a chance bet and gone all in. I'm honestly surprised that fnatic lost. I was looking on hltv and that 16-2 on cache was bad, they definitely choked on that one. I'm more surprised that G2 won their bo3 with a sweep. I think I need to look into their roster and check out who plays for them. All I got say is BR sweep incoming over Na'Vi hype!. McCoy

please refer to post #2 thanks
10-31-2015, 08:12 PM #5
Rath
Today Will Be Different
Originally posted by Toke View Post
please refer to post #2 thanks

Oh man this LG vs Na'Vi game is nuts. The question is though, will this go to inferno? McCoy
11-01-2015, 10:35 PM #6
Toke
PC Master Race
Oh man this LG vs Na'Vi game is nuts. The question is though, will this go to inferno? McCoy

and envyus beat navi Sal would have been nice for navi to win you know instead of envyus fnatic or vp
11-02-2015, 12:09 AM #7
Rath
Today Will Be Different
Originally posted by Toke View Post
and envyus beat navi Sal would have been nice for navi to win you know instead of envyus fnatic or vp

Yeah I would have rather seen Na'Vi win. The fact that they made it this far though makes me happy. They were at one point my favorite team, and as a result I lost a lot of skins betting on them in the past. So it's nice to see them make such amazing plays, and beat NiP like they did. Maybe I'll get on Na'Vi one day again if they keep it up.
11-03-2015, 12:06 AM #8
Cryptic
Former Staff | Content Manager
What an amazing Major! Hands down the best one I've ever seen. From the records set, to the production, to the casters!

Few of the records set...

First major in which a Swedish team isn't in the finals.

Biggest upset (G2 vs VP)

Longest game at a major - G2 vs NV

Shortest game as a major - NIP vs NAVI.

I wish PGL could produce every major honestly. The casting work, production, music, all of it. Just amazing.

Even though the upsets put me 1 point away from Gold, I won a metric fuck ton of skins so I'm happy. Silver pick'em (for this major) looks better than bronze or gold anyhow. :p

Also RIP NIP! Those players are fucked with that pathetic performance against Navi. If I was them I'd fear for my jobs after that performance.

The following user thanked Cryptic for this useful post:

Rath
11-03-2015, 03:48 AM #9
Rath
Today Will Be Different
Originally posted by Cryptic
What an amazing Major! Hands down the best one I've ever seen. From the records set, to the production, to the casters!

Few of the records set...

First major in which a Swedish team isn't in the finals.

Biggest upset (G2 vs VP)

Longest game at a major - G2 vs NV

Shortest game as a major - NIP vs NAVI.

I wish PGL could produce every major honestly. The casting work, production, music, all of it. Just amazing.

Even though the upsets put me 1 point away from Gold, I won a metric fuck ton of skins so I'm happy. Silver pick'em (for this major) looks better than bronze or gold anyhow. :p

Also RIP NIP! Those players are fucked with that pathetic performance against Navi. If I was them I'd fear for my jobs after that performance.

Without a doubt, this had to have been the best major I've seen production wise. I actually stopped watching majors because of how poorly some of them were produced. PGL definitely raised the bar, and frankly I don't think anyone else will be able to compete with what they did. If Valve doesn't let PGL do the next major I'm going to be disappointed.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo