07-05-2015, 09:44 PM #1
Rath
Today Will Be Different
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This is a known issue that has been around for quite some time, and doesn't just affect Counter-Strike:Global Offensive, but other Source games. Typically, when you connect to a community ran server with maps from the workshop such has Kreedz or Surf servers, you're confronted with a brief waiting period as you download the map that the server is running. Often this goes unhitched, other times the map will not download for whatever reason. And the reasons are plentiful. Sometimes the Workshop API isn't being compliant, which can affect both the server and the client. Other times, it could be the client running an older version of the map. Or, for whatever reason the map just won't download. Regardless of the root of the issue, some of these things might help you out.

Check Certain Commands in Console
This is probably one of the first things I'd recommend doing. Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't. Nonetheless, it's worth the try.

Step 1: Open console and check the following commands.

cl_allowdownload 1
cl_allowupload 1
cl_downloadfilter all

I included the values that these commands need to be set at. In order to check their current value, just type in the command without a value and it will read back the current value. If for whatever reason one of them is off, simply change the value to ones aforementioned.

Step 2: Reconnect to the server that was giving you an issue. This should resolve most issues, however if you're still experiencing it don't fret.

Subscribe to The Map Via Workshop
This is probably a given, but if the previous solution has failed it's always best to get the map from the source.

Step 1: Search for the map that is giving you issues on the Steam Workshop. Ex. kz_frozen_go

Step 2: Simply click the subscribe button and it will automatically download the map to the appropriate folder on your hard drive.

Step 3: If that doesn't solve the issue, it's advised to move the map from the workshop folder into the actual maps folder. Having to do this is rare, but it does happen and it does work.

Delete the Current .bsp
This doesn't happen too often, but on the rare occasion that you have an older or newer version of a map, it's always best to delete the local file.

Step 1: Navigate to the install location of Counter-Strike:Global Offensive. Typically it goes like this C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\maps or F:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\maps if you have it installed on a different drive in the event of having multiple drives.

Step 2: Find the map that is giving you an issue. Ex. kz_frozen_go

Step 3: Delete the map, relaunch Counter-Strike, and reconnect to the server. You should be downloading the version of map the server is running.

If for whatever reason none of these solutions work, there could be a bigger problem that I've not encountered and cannot offer any advice on resolving. In the event of that the only thing I can recommend is completely uninstalling and removing Counter-Strike:Global Offensive and reinstalling it. I know that sounds pretty cliche, but it's the only thing to really do sometimes. However, in the event you're experiencing this issue when connecting to the NGU Server, I will gladly pull the .bsp from the server, and upload it to Mega and distribute the file as need. I've done this for Annina, and I believe Temp, and this has worked for them.

The following user thanked Rath for this useful post:

Vince
04-19-2016, 08:28 PM #2
Amazing Thank you Smile
04-19-2016, 08:52 PM #3
Rath
Today Will Be Different
Originally posted by TheMightyMoJo View Post
Amazing Thank you Smile

Once we get the NGU server up and running and everything worked out this thread will more than likely help out a lot of people. It helped the few cs players we had back when we had our first go at an ngu server. :p
04-19-2016, 10:51 PM #4
Originally posted by Rath View Post
Once we get the NGU server up and running and everything worked out this thread will more than likely help out a lot of people. It helped the few cs players we had back when we had our first go at an ngu server. :p

Nice and i would be interested in a NGU server that would be awesome

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo