07-13-2015, 07:23 PM #1
Rath
Today Will Be Different
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); More members are starting to play Counter-Strike, and it's become less of a cult on the forums. So if you’re interested in playing Counter-Strike, this thread will be a great starting point. I’ll attempt to cover a range of topics, for the casual gamer, or the gamer who’s trying to make a name for himself in the competitive scene.

Required skill level/understanding of the game
Noob – Lowest level of understanding
Amateur – Second lowest level of understanding
Intermediate – Halfway level of understanding
Professional – Complete level of understanding

These are crude levels. This is intended to gauge the difficulty or level of understanding required in each topic discussed. If you feel like something won’t help you, it’s still advisable to at least consider doing what is recommended. Some suggestions do require spending money, this is of course the decade we live in, where hardware plays a crucial role in how well you play. Do note, that you do not have to go out and buy a new monitor, or a new mouse, or whatever. The decision to do so is solely at your discretion.

Launch Properties – Noob
One of the first things I always recommend doing is setting launch properties. This allows you to launch the game how you want.

1) First and foremost, open up Steam and right-click Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. Select ‘Properties’ from the drop-down box.

[img] https://i.imgur.com/Ma4Os9Q.png[/img]

2) Select ‘Set Launch Options’ from the following menu.

[img] https://puu.sh/i6dlT/43ea423fd4.png[/img]

3) Once you select ‘Set Launch Options’ you will be presented with this prompt to enter various options you want executed when the game launches.

[img] https://puu.sh/i6j61/ef2d6b0f10.png[/img]

4) You can see some of options I personally use in the last image, but I will go ahead and give a brief description of what they do.

-novid is used to remove the Valve intro. Directly launches into the main menu.
-high is used to start the game in high-priority mode.
-console is used to automatically open to console when the game is launched.
+exec autoexec is used to execute your personal autoexec.cfg (more on that later)

Do note, that there are plenty more launch options, but these are what I use. However, the overall consensus is to only use the aforementioned. Although many will argue against using +exec autoexec as some believe it’s useless in Global Offensive.

5) Lastly, don't forget to confirm your changes by click 'OK.'

Video

Creating an Autoexec – Noob
Outside of launch options, this comes highly recommend as well. An autoexec is a config file that has your preferred viewmodels, sensitivity, binds, aliases, rates and interpolation. Just about anything you can imagine can be changed and added to your autoexec.

1) To create an autoexec, open Notepad, write in ‘host_writeconfig’ with no quotations, click Save As, select All Files from the dropdown, and for the file name type autoexec.cfg and you’re done.

2) At the start your autoexec will be empty. That’s ok, to resolve this issue, just add console commands you want executed when you launch your game. For starters, I’d recommend the following:

m_rawinput 1[/b] (forces raw input)
m_mousespeed 0[/b] (disables Windows acceleration in-game. m_rawinput prevents this also. using a mouse fix is still highly recommended to completely remove windows acceleration)
sensitivity x.xx[/b] (substitute the x’s with your sensitivity)
zoom_sensitivity_ratio_mouse x.x[/b] (substitute x’s with your zoom sensitivity for weapons like the awp and scout)

3) I highly recommend checking out some of the autoexecs that pros use, they come pre-created with useful commands. You can also edit out the ones you don’t want, or change certain values for others.

Video

Your Custom Crosshair – Noob
I always recommend new players to use a custom crosshair. The default one has its uses, but eventually it will become an annoyance. You can change the style, color, gap, thickness, size, and whether or not you want a dot. There are two ways to edit and set your crosshair…

1) Open Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and select ‘Play with Bots’, and open a game with no bots. You can choose any map you wish.

2) Once in-game, click the tilde key (~) to open up the console. The following console commands alter the crosshair.

cl_crosshairstyle x[/b] (Choose between the various styles. 4 is highly recommended.)
cl_crosshairdot x[/b] (0 or 1. I personally do not use a dot.)
cl_crosshairusealpha x[/b] (0 or 1. I personally have it set to 1.)
cl_crosshairalpha x[/b] (0 through 255. I personally use 200.)
cl_crosshaircolor x[/b] (1 through 5, 5 being RGB. I personally use 1.)
cl_crosshairgap x[/b] (I personally use -1. I hate large crosshairs.)
cl_crosshairthickness x.xx[/b] (I personally use 1.25)
cl_crosshairsize x[/b] (I personally use 4.)
There are more commands, but these are the ones that you will be editing. Remember; this is all preference. Just because I use certain values, doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll like it or it will work for you.

3) Once you decide on a particular crosshair, open you already created autoexec. Enter those values into your autoexec that way it will be executed every time you launch Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.

There are online tools that you can use to create crosshairs. One example being: You must login or register to view this content. However, I prefer to just start up a match with no bots and editing values in the console to find something that I like.

Video

I will eventually add more tips and such as time progresses. So make sure you check back every now and again. :p
Last edited by Rath ; 07-13-2015 at 10:12 PM.

The following 7 users say thank you to Rath for this useful post:

Geo, SQUID-EYE, iAmRishi, Dan, TheMightyMoJo, Vince
07-14-2015, 03:50 AM #2
Great thread! I am having troubles binding keys in autoexec can you help me get them to work?

bind "KP_UPARROW" "buy m4a1;buy ak47"
bind "KP_RIGHTARROW" "buy awp"
bind "KP_LEFTARROW" "buy vesthelm"

cl_interp "0"
cl_interp_ratio "1"
cl_cmdrate "128"
cl_updaterate "128"
cl_showfps "1"
hud_scaling "1"
snd_mixahead "0.05"
rate "128000"
fps_max "0"
07-14-2015, 03:36 PM #3
Rath
Today Will Be Different
Originally posted by iAmRishi View Post
Great thread! I am having troubles binding keys in autoexec can you help me get them to work?

cl_interp "0"
cl_interp_ratio "1"
cl_cmdrate "128"
cl_updaterate "128"
cl_showfps "1"
hud_scaling "1"
snd_mixahead "0.05"
rate "128000"
fps_max "0"

You need to drop the kp from kp_uparrow and the other key binds. It should work when you do. Everything else is perfect. :p
07-14-2015, 06:05 PM #4
Originally posted by Rath View Post
More members are starting to play Counter-Strike, and it's become less of a cult on the forums. So if you’re interested in playing Counter-Strike, this thread will be a great starting point. I’ll attempt to cover a range of topics, for the casual gamer, or the gamer who’s trying to make a name for himself in the competitive scene.

Required skill level/understanding of the game
Noob – Lowest level of understanding
Amateur – Second lowest level of understanding
Intermediate – Halfway level of understanding
Professional – Complete level of understanding

These are crude levels. This is intended to gauge the difficulty or level of understanding required in each topic discussed. If you feel like something won’t help you, it’s still advisable to at least consider doing what is recommended. Some suggestions do require spending money, this is of course the decade we live in, where hardware plays a crucial role in how well you play. Do note, that you do not have to go out and buy a new monitor, or a new mouse, or whatever. The decision to do so is solely at your discretion.

Launch Properties – Noob
One of the first things I always recommend doing is setting launch properties. This allows you to launch the game how you want.

1) First and foremost, open up Steam and right-click Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. Select ‘Properties’ from the drop-down box.

[img] https://i.imgur.com/Ma4Os9Q.png[/img]

2) Select ‘Set Launch Options’ from the following menu.

[img] https://puu.sh/i6dlT/43ea423fd4.png[/img]

3) Once you select ‘Set Launch Options’ you will be presented with this prompt to enter various options you want executed when the game launches.

[img] https://puu.sh/i6j61/ef2d6b0f10.png[/img]

4) You can see some of options I personally use in the last image, but I will go ahead and give a brief description of what they do.

-novid is used to remove the Valve intro. Directly launches into the main menu.
-high is used to start the game in high-priority mode.
-console is used to automatically open to console when the game is launched.
+exec autoexec is used to execute your personal autoexec.cfg (more on that later)

Do note, that there are plenty more launch options, but these are what I use. However, the overall consensus is to only use the aforementioned. Although many will argue against using +exec autoexec as some believe it’s useless in Global Offensive.

5) Lastly, don't forget to confirm your changes by click 'OK.'

Video

Creating an Autoexec – Noob
Outside of launch options, this comes highly recommend as well. An autoexec is a config file that has your preferred viewmodels, sensitivity, binds, aliases, rates and interpolation. Just about anything you can imagine can be changed and added to your autoexec.

1) To create an autoexec, open Notepad, write in ‘host_writeconfig’ with no quotations, click Save As, select All Files from the dropdown, and for the file name type autoexec.cfg and you’re done.

2) At the start your autoexec will be empty. That’s ok, to resolve this issue, just add console commands you want executed when you launch your game. For starters, I’d recommend the following:

m_rawinput 1[/b] (forces raw input)
m_mousespeed 0[/b] (disables Windows acceleration in-game. m_rawinput prevents this also. using a mouse fix is still highly recommended to completely remove windows acceleration)
sensitivity x.xx[/b] (substitute the x’s with your sensitivity)
zoom_sensitivity_ratio_mouse x.x[/b] (substitute x’s with your zoom sensitivity for weapons like the awp and scout)

3) I highly recommend checking out some of the autoexecs that pros use, they come pre-created with useful commands. You can also edit out the ones you don’t want, or change certain values for others.

Video

Your Custom Crosshair – Noob
I always recommend new players to use a custom crosshair. The default one has its uses, but eventually it will become an annoyance. You can change the style, color, gap, thickness, size, and whether or not you want a dot. There are two ways to edit and set your crosshair…

1) Open Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and select ‘Play with Bots’, and open a game with no bots. You can choose any map you wish.

2) Once in-game, click the tilde key (~) to open up the console. The following console commands alter the crosshair.

cl_crosshairstyle x[/b] (Choose between the various styles. 4 is highly recommended.)
cl_crosshairdot x[/b] (0 or 1. I personally do not use a dot.)
cl_crosshairusealpha x[/b] (0 or 1. I personally have it set to 1.)
cl_crosshairalpha x[/b] (0 through 255. I personally use 200.)
cl_crosshaircolor x[/b] (1 through 5, 5 being RGB. I personally use 1.)
cl_crosshairgap x[/b] (I personally use -1. I hate large crosshairs.)
cl_crosshairthickness x.xx[/b] (I personally use 1.25)
cl_crosshairsize x[/b] (I personally use 4.)
There are more commands, but these are the ones that you will be editing. Remember; this is all preference. Just because I use certain values, doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll like it or it will work for you.

3) Once you decide on a particular crosshair, open you already created autoexec. Enter those values into your autoexec that way it will be executed every time you launch Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.

There are online tools that you can use to create crosshairs. One example being: You must login or register to view this content. However, I prefer to just start up a match with no bots and editing values in the console to find something that I like.

Video

I will eventually add more tips and such as time progresses. So make sure you check back every now and again. :p

This is my auto exec, has some things that people might find useful.

////Misc////
snd_mixahead "0.05"
cl_cmdrate "128"
cl_updaterate "128"
cl_lagcompensation "1"
rate "100000"
net_graph "1"
net_graphproportionalfont "0.5"
mm_dedicated_search_maxping "50"

////Bind and drop bind////
bind [ "buy hkp200; buy glock; drop;"

/////Damage/////
developer 1
con_enable "1"
con_filter_text "Damage Given"
con_filter_text_out "Player:"
con_filter_enable "2"

////Jump Throw////
alias "+jumpthrow" "+jump;-attack"
alias "-jumpthrow" "-jump"
bind "mouse4" "+jumpthrow"

//////Hud//////
cl_hud_healthammo_style "1"
cl_hud_color "5"
cl_hud_background_alpha "0.3"
cl_hud_bomb_under_radar "1"

////Find Bomb////
bind "h" "toggle gameinstructor_enable"

//Buy Binds////
bind "KP_INS" "buy vesthelm;"
bind "KP_END" "buy galilar; buy famas;"
bind "KP_DOWNARROW" "buy ak47; buy m4a1;"
bind "KP_PGDN" "buy awp;"
bind "KP_LEFTARROW" "buy p250;"
bind "KP_5" "buy tec9; buy fiveseven;"
bind "KP_RIGHTARROW" "buy deagle;"
bind "KP_HOME" "buy hegrenade;"
bind "KP_UPARROW" "buy smokegrenade;"
bind "KP_PGUP" "buy flashbang; buy flashbang;"
bind "KP_SLASH" "buy nova;"
bind "KP_MULTIPLY" "buy xm1014;"
bind "KP_MINUS" "buy sawedoff; buy mag7;"
bind "KP_PLUS" "buy molotov; buy incgrenade;"
bind "kp_enter" "buy defuser;"
bind "kp_del" "buy vest;"
bind "ins" "buy sg556; buy aug;"
bind "del" "buy p90;"
bind "home" "buy g3sg1; buy scar20;"
bind "end" "buy bizon;"
bind "pgup" "buy ssg08;"
bind "pgdn" "buy ump45;"
bind "uparrow" "buy mac10; buy mp9;"
bind "leftarrow" "buy mp7;"
bind "downarrow" "buy m249;"
bind "rightarrow" "buy negev;"

////Turn Off Voice Chat////
bind "mouse5" "toggle voice_scale 1 0"
Last edited by ⭐ Temp ⭐ ; 07-14-2015 at 06:18 PM.
07-14-2015, 08:47 PM #5
Rath
Today Will Be Different

cl_interp "0"
cl_interp_ratio "1"
cl_cmdrate "128"
cl_updaterate "128"
cl_showfps "1"
hud_scaling "1"
snd_mixahead "0.05"
rate "128000"
fps_max "0"

Quick question, are you intending to use the arrow keys? Or are you actually trying to use the numpad up etc? If you are then you have it right, otherwise you might be pressing the wrong keys. :p
07-14-2015, 08:57 PM #6
Dan
I'm a god.
Originally posted by Tapir View Post
This is my auto exec, has some things that people might find useful.

////Misc////
snd_mixahead "0.05"
cl_cmdrate "128"
cl_updaterate "128"
cl_lagcompensation "1"
rate "100000"
net_graph "1"
net_graphproportionalfont "0.5"
mm_dedicated_search_maxping "50"

////Bind and drop bind////
bind [ "buy hkp200; buy glock; drop;"

/////Damage/////
developer 1
con_enable "1"
con_filter_text "Damage Given"
con_filter_text_out "Player:"
con_filter_enable "2"

////Jump Throw////
bind "mouse4" "+jumpthrow"

//////Hud//////
cl_hud_healthammo_style "1"
cl_hud_color "5"
cl_hud_background_alpha "0.3"
cl_hud_bomb_under_radar "1"

////Find Bomb////
bind "h" "toggle gameinstructor_enable"

//Buy Binds////
bind "KP_INS" "buy vesthelm;"
bind "KP_END" "buy galilar; buy famas;"
bind "KP_DOWNARROW" "buy ak47; buy m4a1;"
bind "KP_PGDN" "buy awp;"
bind "KP_LEFTARROW" "buy p250;"
bind "KP_5" "buy tec9; buy fiveseven;"
bind "KP_RIGHTARROW" "buy deagle;"
bind "KP_HOME" "buy hegrenade;"
bind "KP_UPARROW" "buy smokegrenade;"
bind "KP_PGUP" "buy flashbang; buy flashbang;"
bind "KP_SLASH" "buy nova;"
bind "KP_MULTIPLY" "buy xm1014;"
bind "KP_MINUS" "buy sawedoff; buy mag7;"
bind "KP_PLUS" "buy molotov; buy incgrenade;"
bind "kp_enter" "buy defuser;"
bind "kp_del" "buy vest;"
bind "ins" "buy sg556; buy aug;"
bind "del" "buy p90;"
bind "home" "buy g3sg1; buy scar20;"
bind "end" "buy bizon;"
bind "pgup" "buy ssg08;"
bind "pgdn" "buy ump45;"
bind "uparrow" "buy mac10; buy mp9;"
bind "leftarrow" "buy mp7;"
bind "downarrow" "buy m249;"
bind "rightarrow" "buy negev;"

////Turn Off Voice Chat////
bind "mouse5" "toggle voice_scale 1 0"

No crosshair? Please don't tell me you use default...
07-14-2015, 10:12 PM #7
Originally posted by Dan View Post
No crosshair? Please don't tell me you use default...

i set it manually ingame :p
09-01-2015, 03:53 AM #8
I wanted to know if you could help me with my autoexec. I have this in it.
// *********** Jump Throw **********
bind "h" "+jumpthrow"

but when I press h I only jump I do not know the smoke or anyhting. Did I add it wrong into my autoexec?

also I have
// *********** Gun Binds **********
bind "kp_end" "buy ak47; buy m4a1; buy vesthelm; buy defuser;"//Num1
bind "kp_pgup" "buy tec9; buy fiveseven; drop;"//Num9

num1 and num8 buy the ak47.
num5 and num9 buys and drops the pistols .
for some odd reason num6 buys an AWP.
Only Numpad1 & 9 should be in use,
Can I find a way to see my current set binds that are not in my autoexec?
02-04-2016, 08:54 AM #9
.Taco
Counter Strike: Nerd Offensive
I wanted to know if you could help me with my autoexec. I have this in it.
// *********** Jump Throw **********
bind "h" "+jumpthrow"

but when I press h I only jump I do not know the smoke or anyhting. Did I add it wrong into my autoexec?

also I have
// *********** Gun Binds **********
bind "kp_end" "buy ak47; buy m4a1; buy vesthelm; buy defuser;"//Num1
bind "kp_pgup" "buy tec9; buy fiveseven; drop;"//Num9

num1 and num8 buy the ak47.
num5 and num9 buys and drops the pistols .
for some odd reason num6 buys an AWP.
Only Numpad1 & 9 should be in use,
Can I find a way to see my current set binds that are not in my autoexec?

I know it's been fucking forever since you've posted this, and you've probably got it figured out already. But cock the grenade(hold mouse 1) before you hit your jump bind key

The following user thanked .Taco for this useful post:

iAmRishi

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo