04-26-2016, 04:48 PM #1
Rath
Today Will Be Different
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); As everyone probably knows that the ex-IBP players were permanently banned from all Valve sanctioned events -- including most private leagues -- for match-fixing for skins.

You must login or register to view this content.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a dialogue opening up between Valve and all the IBP players. I just think Valve created this issue by introducing skins especially since there is a pseudo-value placed on these items by individuals who play the game. Of course people are going to fix matches for profit. Let's be honest, cheating is a more serious infraction but Valve seems to think that match-fixing is the worst thing you can do. With expensive skins comes great temptation. Should Valve really blame Sam, Josh, Braxton, Kevin, and Derek for not resisting a great temptation? Opinions?
04-26-2016, 11:56 PM #2
.Taco
Counter Strike: Nerd Offensive
Valve has already stated after a review of the case about 2 months ago that the bans are permanent no more questions asked.

On top of that; DaZeD's little mind of a 12 year old ass says almost every day on his stream that he doesn't give a fuck if he's unbanned so IMO sounds like hoopla.

Also, cheating isn't legally a more serious offense. Cheating has set consequences when it's done and people know what's going to happen to them if they're cought doing it. Throwing for skins (at the time) was something that valve had no rules or even consideration for the possibility of. Not only is throwing for skins ILLEGAL because it's under the table betting (which people have been arrested for and sent to jail many a time) it also is just a fucked up way to steal money from your own FANS.

fuck dazed. fuck IBP. no unban.
Last edited by .Taco ; 04-26-2016 at 11:59 PM.
04-27-2016, 06:08 PM #3
Rath
Today Will Be Different
Originally posted by .Taco View Post
Valve has already stated after a review of the case about 2 months ago that the bans are permanent no more questions asked.

On top of that; DaZeD's little mind of a 12 year old ass says almost every day on his stream that he doesn't give a fuck if he's unbanned so IMO sounds like hoopla.

Also, cheating isn't legally a more serious offense. Cheating has set consequences when it's done and people know what's going to happen to them if they're cought doing it. Throwing for skins (at the time) was something that valve had no rules or even consideration for the possibility of. Not only is throwing for skins ILLEGAL because it's under the table betting (which people have been arrested for and sent to jail many a time) it also is just a fucked up way to steal money from your own FANS.

fuck dazed. fuck IBP. no unban.

I still believe to this day Valve brought this upon themselves. Like the whole situation is indicative of what will continue to happen if publishers and developers keep pushing microtransactions down the throats of every gamer. I look at it like this, the house always wins. IBP was the house and they found a way to win. The issue with illegal gambling is that it's only illegal if it's done as a business. Henceforth it's one of the reasons why the IBP players will never be prosecuted as such. But I think we can agree that what they did was immoral. I just don't think Valve should have the final say, they should turn to the community as the community was who got fucked the most by the whole shindig.
04-27-2016, 10:35 PM #4
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by Rath View Post
As everyone probably knows that the ex-IBP players were permanently banned from all Valve sanctioned events -- including most private leagues -- for match-fixing for skins.

You must login or register to view this content.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a dialogue opening up between Valve and all the IBP players. I just think Valve created this issue by introducing skins especially since there is a pseudo-value placed on these items by individuals who play the game. Of course people are going to fix matches for profit. Let's be honest, cheating is a more serious infraction but Valve seems to think that match-fixing is the worst thing you can do. With expensive skins comes great temptation. Should Valve really blame Sam, Josh, Braxton, Kevin, and Derek for not resisting a great temptation? Opinions?

im more interested on how they caught them cheating i mean lan or qualifiers is alot worse but i mean its bad but you know what i mean
04-28-2016, 12:30 AM #5
.Taco
Counter Strike: Nerd Offensive
Originally posted by Toke View Post
im more interested on how they caught them cheating i mean lan or qualifiers is alot worse but i mean its bad but you know what i mean

there's about an 11 minute long video on youtube on how they caught them. It's on some ex-girlfriend shit
04-28-2016, 01:57 AM #6
Rath
Today Will Be Different
Originally posted by Toke View Post

As .taco stated. One of the players' ex-girlfriends leaked text messages to Valve or some shit.

tl;dr dont fukin trust sloots.
04-28-2016, 11:23 PM #7
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by Rath View Post
As .taco stated. One of the players' ex-girlfriends leaked text messages to Valve or some shit.

tl;dr dont fukin trust sloots.

tldr she had gabens phone #

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo