12-08-2016, 09:10 PM #1
Cryptic
Former Staff | Content Manager
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); With the new patch that turned on the Holiday theme, the 2017 Service Medals were stealthly added into the game.

High Quality Images below:

Level 1:

You must login or register to view this content.

Level 2:

Level 3:

Level 4:

Level 5:

Level 6:

Level 7:

7 levels just like it was for 2016. With this said, it is mathematically impossible to achieve anything higher than level 3 or 4. This is due to Valves lack of constant operations for XP, the reduced XP each week, and Overwatch Xp not being enough of a boost or as frequent enough for any 1 player.
Last edited by Cryptic ; 12-08-2016 at 10:41 PM.

The following user thanked Cryptic for this useful post:

Storm
12-08-2016, 10:42 PM #2
DevouR
Banned
I've seen kids with 150 hours in game with the level 40 service star. How the fuck?

On top of that do you know: if I stay at level 40 and don't "prestige", in 2017 can I prestige and get that service star?
12-08-2016, 10:57 PM #3
Cryptic
Originally posted by Austin View Post
I've seen kids with 150 hours in game with the level 40 service star. How the fuck?

On top of that do you know: if I stay at level 40 and don't "prestige", in 2017 can I prestige and get that service star?

If you're level 40 now you can wait until the new year and get the 2017 medal.

If you do not have the 2016 medal yet, I suggest you redeem it, because once it's 2017 you can no longer get the 2016 medal.

Each medal is it's own item in your inventory, with the levels stacking on the original item.
12-08-2016, 11:01 PM #4
DevouR
Banned
Originally posted by Cryptic View Post
If you're level 40 now you can wait until the new year and get the 2017 medal.

If you do not have the 2016 medal yet, I suggest you redeem it, because once it's 2017 you can no longer get the 2016 medal.

Each medal is it's own item in your inventory, with the levels stacking on the original item.

Thanks for answering. I already have the service star level one for 2016 and I'm nearing level forty hence my question.
12-09-2016, 12:16 PM #5
Cryptic
Originally posted by Austin View Post
Thanks for answering. I already have the service star level one for 2016 and I'm nearing level forty hence my question.

Honestly, I'd hit level 2 on your 2016 if I was you. I'm trying to grind for level 3 but without an operation (thanks Valve) I doubt I'll make it.

You'll 100% get the 2017 medal next year, but getting level 2 of the 2016 (or higher if anyone is able to) is only a one time shot.
12-12-2016, 07:42 PM #6
Rath
Today Will Be Different
Originally posted by Cryptic View Post
With the new patch that turned on the Holiday theme, the 2017 Service Medals were stealthly added into the game.

High Quality Images below:

Level 1:

Level 2:

Level 3:

Level 4:

Level 5:

Level 6:

Level 7:

7 levels just like it was for 2016. With this said, it is mathematically impossible to achieve anything higher than level 3 or 4. This is due to Valves lack of constant operations for XP, the reduced XP each week, and Overwatch Xp not being enough of a boost or as frequent enough for any 1 player.

I don't play enough match making or anything Valve related to come anywhere near these. Missed the 2015 medal, going to miss the 2016 medal and more than likely going to miss this one too.
12-24-2016, 10:37 AM #7
The reduced weekly XP makes no sense to me, and I don't think I've ever got the Overwatch bonus despite doing a few cases each week. I'll be lucky to get the level 2 badge in 2017.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo