Important note: This is a very touchy subject to some people and rightfully so. Whilst negative comments about any given sexuality are OK, pointless and unnecessary bashing of other people's sexuality will not be tolerated. Once you cross this line your post(s) will be deleted and you will be warned, and if you persist you will be punished for flaming. I know this is a very strongly worded warning, however I feel given the thread topic it's utterly necessary.
Anyway, onto the debate itself- sexuality. There are many different labels of sexuality, so I'd thought I'd list them below(largely C/P to save time, if I missed any or falsely described anything let me know):
- Heterosexuality- Is the sexual attraction between members of the opposite sexes such as a man attracted to a woman and vice-versa.
- Homosexuality- is the sexual attraction between members of the same sexes such as man to man and woman to woman.
- Bisexuality- Is the sexual attraction to both the opposite and same sexes such as man to man and man to woman, woman to woman and woman to man.
- Asexuality- Is also known as nonsexuality which is the lack of sexual attraction and sexual interest towards others.
- Polysexuality- Is the sexual attraction to more than one gender but do not wish to be known as bisexual as it implies that there are only two binary sexes, do not confuse this with pansexuality ('pan' meaning all) and ('poly' meaning many).
- Pansexuality- Is the sexual attraction towards people regardless of gender also known as omnisexuality. Some pansexuals refer to themselves as gender blind as to them gender is insignificant in determining whether they will be sexually attracted to others.
- Transexualism- Is when a person identifies themselves as a certain sex different from their own biological one. For example a person may be born male, and is uncomfortable with their gender as a male and changes to a female, or vice-versa.
Personally I'm heterosexual, however I have no problems with other people expressing their own sexuality and being who they really are.
Feel free to comment below and be honest, then hopefully this thread can be used to maturely discuss sexuality away from the nonsense you so often see elsewhere