08-30-2017, 06:09 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Is anyone else impressed with how well the game runs? I've got a pretty good setup, running an Intel i7 7700k with a GTX 1080 and 16GB of ram. I was running the beta on max graphics settings and stayed around 80 fps the entire time I played. I gotta say, I am a console player at heart, but playing this game on PC with how beautiful it looks, and how smooth it runs, it hurts that consoles are locked to 30fps. The only reason I'm staying on PS4 is all my friends. They don't have good gaming PCs (or the money for them). That being said, I might get it on PC anyways for PVP.

Another thing I wanted to talk about in general related to Destiny 2. How do you guys feel about there being controller support and aim assist for controllers in the game? I played a few matches of PVP with M/KB before I realized I could use my controller, and being a console player who isnt great with M/KB, i started using my controller. I was extremely surprised when aim assist kicked in the first time I shot at someone, and I gotta say I did well, even against M/KB players, and yes I attribute some of that to the aim assist, but being a console player, I felt right at home playing on PC, even with a controller.

However this aim assist can be a double edged sword. I've heard that using one of those M/KB adapters for console, on your computer, allows your computer to think you are using a controller, giving you the aim assist of one, even though you are using a M/KB, which that is of course a little ridiculous for someone who is used to aiming with a mouse (I mean I would need that aim assist. My aim with a mouse is SHIT).

So what are your guys' thoughts? I see this section doesn't have many posts. Is NGU just too stuck in COD and GTA now? Wheres all the D2 hype?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo