Post: is there no way to get Destiny to work with System Software mode?
01-19-2015, 05:56 PM #1
XxUnkn0wnxX
F4LLEN ANG3L
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); probably a noob question but i don't see why they game fails to load on system software mode?

is there some checks within the EBoot that prevents system software mode?

& also any way to get the real Debug Eboot to work?

Edit: can attach in system software mode but stuck on black screen.

can't attach in release mode but game works.. i've seen people posting Debug boots.. why release if you cannot debug with it any way? or is there a way to get it to work? - i have ran every possible solution to try and get to work patched many files within game and nothing seemed to work...
Last edited by XxUnkn0wnxX ; 01-19-2015 at 06:58 PM.
01-20-2015, 05:59 AM #2
FarSideX
I’m too L33T
Originally posted by XxUnkn0wnxX View Post
probably a noob question but i don't see why they game fails to load on system software mode?

is there some checks within the EBoot that prevents system software mode?

& also any way to get the real Debug Eboot to work?

Edit: can attach in system software mode but stuck on black screen.

can't attach in release mode but game works.. i've seen people posting Debug boots.. why release if you cannot debug with it any way? or is there a way to get it to work? - i have ran every possible solution to try and get to work patched many files within game and nothing seemed to work...

There is another thread describing the CFW that does allow system software mode to work. If you want to fix the eboot to work under system software mode connect before you launch the game and you will see it throws an exception and there is a stack trace pinpointing where the error occurs.

Debug eboots will run, just not in system software mode. The exceptions look like they is occurring in one of the sprx that are loaded from dev_flash (I don't remember the details as it has been quite some time since I looked at it). Just follow the trace and fix the eboot if you really want to mod this game. If you can't do that part, I doubt you will have any luck getting any further considering all the other issues you will need to overcome before you can even mod the game without being banned.
01-20-2015, 06:39 AM #3
XxUnkn0wnxX
F4LLEN ANG3L
Originally posted by FarSideX View Post
There is another thread describing the CFW that does allow system software mode to work. If you want to fix the eboot to work under system software mode connect before you launch the game and you will see it throws an exception and there is a stack trace pinpointing where the error occurs.

Debug eboots will run, just not in system software mode. The exceptions look like they is occurring in one of the sprx that are loaded from dev_flash (I don't remember the details as it has been quite some time since I looked at it). Just follow the trace and fix the eboot if you really want to mod this game. If you can't do that part, I doubt you will have any luck getting any further considering all the other issues you will need to overcome before you can even mod the game without being banned.

ya im not good with PPC coding.. i saw the stack.. and it an issue with one of the sys files...

i assume this CFW related? all DEX CFW related? they patch something that kills the game from loading on system software mode.
Last edited by XxUnkn0wnxX ; 01-20-2015 at 06:53 AM.
01-21-2015, 04:48 AM #4
FarSideX
I’m too L33T
Originally posted by XxUnkn0wnxX View Post
ya im not good with PPC coding.. i saw the stack.. and it an issue with one of the sys files...

i assume this CFW related? all DEX CFW related? they patch something that kills the game from loading on system software mode.

I do not know but I think it is just a call that fails in DEX while in system software mode that does not fail in other modes. Rebug is not fully DEX but a mix of CEX and DEX so they may be using the CEX version of that function. I realize Rebug 4.46 fails the same as all the DEX firmwares so I am probably guessing incorrectly.

It would be interesting to compare the sprx file from the new Rebug to the old and see what is different. Maybe when I am not so busy.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo