06-02-2015, 04:06 PM #1
ZackFairFF7X
Can’t trickshot me!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello guardians,
I'm pretty sure a lot of people on Custom Firmware tried to play Destiny. Some of them enjoyed it, some not. The fact is that we all noticed how this game is so damn protected. Even without modding, a lot of people gets banned from this game, so just being on CFW ( of course this is already an high risk ).
The thing that I noticed is that some people, unlike most of others, survive to these " ban waves ", I don't know if the reason is just being lucky or not, maybe it just needs time. I don't know.

I'm writing this for try find the other reason ( other than just being on Custom Firmware ) if there are any, that can cause the ban. So if someone ( that is banned or not ) can share his setup, would be appreciated..
I'll start!

Let's say at the beginning that I got a total of 3 banned accounts from Destiny. However, these accounts are still alive from PSN, Console ID aswell.

First account : ZackFairFF7X
Just got the game after some days of the release. Installed all DLCs ( even ghost shell ). Played fine till the release of The Dark Below DLC.
If I remember right I had Rebug 4.46.1 DEX, and maybe I was using PSN Patch ( triangle function for disable CFW )

Second account : Evil_Destiny_VII
This account lasted moooooooore than the previous one. I started to play on January, installed all DLCs except season pass and ghost shell. Got banned on May 19th, with the release of House of Wolves DLC ( again, so this explains that they do a " clean dust " on every release of something important.
Setup : Rebug DEX 4.65.2, then 4.70.1 . Used webMAN, and played Destiny in ISO format. Used first " Enable OFW " function of CCAPI, then I used the PSN Patch PLUGIN instead of CCAPI.

Third account : ZackFairXVII
At this point I was really tired, but because some people survived, I created this third and last account for try understand the reason of the ban.
Always Rebug 4.70.1 , webMAN, Destiny in ISO format in internal HDD and created with the IRD file.
Installed all patches and compatibility packs directly from the account, reached level 20 without DLCs. Then installed season pass via rap file activation, activated with one of my Console IDs. Got banned yesterday.

After this I don't know what to say anymore, I just gave up, but I'd like to hear some opinions from you guys, banned and non banned users aswell, if there are still any.
Seems that being just on CFW is already the main risk of the ban, but at this point everyone should be banned, and what I don't understand is that some aren't banned. There are probably secondary reasons, that I'd like to find with you all.

I remember that my webMAN wasn't unloaded from memory ( you can unload it by pressing the combo in XMB L3 + R3 + R2 ). I disabled the option for unload it because with webMAN I had setup a custom fan speed, so couldn't unload it or my fan speed would restore to the normal one. ( causing my ps3 to overheat )

The following user thanked ZackFairFF7X for this useful post:

Indiana Mods
06-02-2015, 08:02 PM #2
moenahli
Bounty hunter
alright so i played a few weeks before the dark below, wasnt playing 24/7 but i played destiny almost daily with no psnpatch and didnt get banned till after TDB release in a day or two
then i figured out the psn patch to stay safe and played safe on an account for like a month and then got banned, my best guess is that i forgot to activate psnpatch for once or it was the dlc fix
so i made a new account and played with no dlc, after a few weeks i started modding on my account, only a few minutes per week just to kill atheon. after a month of doing this i got banned.
then i created my elCaptainMoe account
you can check it and see how much hard work i put on this one
You must login or register to view this content.
i started this one around february and played daily for long hours since then
i had all exotic weapons(except for 2)
almost all exotic armor for all characters
different sets of all raid gear from both raids for all characters (intellect sets/strength sets/..etc) with different perks
and a high grimoire which i grinded hard for
I spent the whole week before HoW grinding ether keys and HoW weapons that drop from the crucible,saved tons of legendary engrams and faction packages...etc
The day HoW was released, i got banned
at this moment i kinda gave up on the game

a few days later i decided to get on it again to try the new stuff
with the help of some good friends with some luck, i managed to get to from level 0 to 34 in 4 days ! and yet again i got banned

here i took a brave decision and deleted destiny from my ps3
i still feel like playing destiny but im sure i took the right decision

i've used many CFWs since i started playing, both cex and dex and always used the latest version of psnpatch to disable syscalls
06-02-2015, 08:09 PM #3
ZackFairFF7X
Can’t trickshot me!
Originally posted by moenahli View Post
alright so i played a few weeks before the dark below, wasnt playing 24/7 but i played destiny almost daily with no psnpatch and didnt get banned till after TDB release in a day or two
then i figured out the psn patch to stay safe and played safe on an account for like a month and then got banned, my best guess is that i forgot to activate psnpatch for once or it was the dlc fix
so i made a new account and played with no dlc, after a few weeks i started modding on my account, only a few minutes per week just to kill atheon. after a month of doing this i got banned.
then i created my elCaptainMoe account
you can check it and see how much hard work i put on this one
i started this one around february and played daily for long hours since then
i had all exotic weapons(except for 2)
almost all exotic armor for all characters
different sets of all raid gear from both raids for all characters (intellect sets/strength sets/..etc) with different perks
and a high grimoire which i grinded hard for
I spent the whole week before HoW grinding ether keys and HoW weapons that drop from the crucible,saved tons of legendary engrams and faction packages...etc
The day HoW was released, i got banned
at this moment i kinda gave up on the game

a few days later i decided to get on it again to try the new stuff
with the help of some good friends with some luck, i managed to get to from level 0 to 34 in 4 days ! and yet again i got banned

here i took a brave decision and deleted destiny from my ps3
i still feel like playing destiny but im sure i took the right decision

i've used many CFWs since i started playing, both cex and dex and always used the latest version of psnpatch to disable syscalls

Yeah me too, but to be honest is a bit useless to play and realize that we will be banned again.
Btw, with the elCaptainMoe account, did you install DLCs? If yes, which ones?
Also, you use multiMAN or webMAN for mount games? If you use multiMAN, is webMAN still installed?

Btw we both got banned fast even after the release of the DLC.. ( with the last account )

Oh, edit, just noticed today they're applying a new patch..
Last edited by ZackFairFF7X ; 06-02-2015 at 08:12 PM.
06-02-2015, 09:59 PM #4
moenahli
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by ZackFairFF7X View Post
Yeah me too, but to be honest is a bit useless to play and realize that we will be banned again.
Btw, with the elCaptainMoe account, did you install DLCs? If yes, which ones?
Also, you use multiMAN or webMAN for mount games? If you use multiMAN, is webMAN still installed?

Btw we both got banned fast even after the release of the DLC.. ( with the last account )

Oh, edit, just noticed today they're applying a new patch..

yes i used the dlc from the thread posted by seedlord here in the forums
HoW however didnt work as i noticed when i made the other account so i installed the season pass and a fix which i got from a random website i forgot what it is tbh
06-02-2015, 10:48 PM #5
Sephiroth29
Do a barrel roll!
i can tell u that i'm on my third account too. but someone said that's a different if u play Destiny with a ps3 cex or dex. the two accounts before i was on dex and they received a ban. after this i switched back to cex mode and i still be playing on my third one and i use all the dlc fix plus this fixes that have the ghost shell and the season pass. so far and no ban yet. if u play on cex u are saver than if u use dex to play it. i think the dex is what cause the problem so Bungie can ban u.
06-03-2015, 07:35 AM #6
Sephiroth29
Do a barrel roll!
and what i guess....a friend has a jailbroken ps3 too and he is still able to play Destiny since the first day of the game and he didn't get caught. the only difference between he and me is that he uses a non cobra cfw rebug and i use the cobra cfw rebug. maybe this cobra implentation is also causing the problem to get a ban.
06-03-2015, 07:38 AM #7
Sephiroth29
Do a barrel roll!
so even if u disable cfw syscalls, cobra is still working because if i disable cobra i can't load up a game into the disc icon.....so i need cobra to play the game
06-03-2015, 02:29 PM #8
Corogue
Bounty hunter
Cobra has nothing to do with the bans. I run a non cobra cfw and was banned three times. I caved and bought a new system.
06-03-2015, 02:31 PM #9
taniaducka
Little One
Originally posted by Sephiroth29 View Post
and what i guess....a friend has a jailbroken ps3 too and he is still able to play Destiny since the first day of the game and he didn't get caught. the only difference between he and me is that he uses a non cobra cfw rebug and i use the cobra cfw rebug. maybe this cobra implentation is also causing the problem to get a ban.

Nope, doesnt matter if dex or cex or cobra or whatever, ban will come!
I was using rebug 4.65.2 cex spoofed, cobra disable on toolbox, folder game internal, no webman, emulated with multiman before clean history/disable syscall in Sen Enable, got ban after 4 days on HoW(was my first time ban ever). The only thing that i didnt used was blocking the ip´s on Charles proxy
06-03-2015, 03:45 PM #10
ZackFairFF7X
Can’t trickshot me!
Originally posted by taniaducka View Post
Nope, doesnt matter if dex or cex or cobra or whatever, ban will come!
I was using rebug 4.65.2 cex spoofed, cobra disable on toolbox, folder game internal, no webman, emulated with multiman before clean history/disable syscall in Sen Enable, got ban after 4 days on HoW(was my first time ban ever). The only thing that i didnt used was blocking the ip´s on Charles proxy

I think aswell that CEX and DEX shouldn't mind about ban. I'm not sure though.
Btw, keep in mind that using a spoof raises a lot the ban risk. I think that playing Destiny is like saying " Hey Bungie, I'm here "

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo