12-19-2015, 09:43 PM #1
Goldberg
Usertitle
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Accused Scammer's Username: Mr.Major
Accused Scammer's Profile (URL) You must login or register to view this content.
Did you: [Buy/Sell/Trade] Buy

Proof of contact (Screenshots):
You must login or register to view this content.

When did this happen: A couple of months ago

How did you purchase:{Paypal/PSN ETC]
(Please show proof of payment/goods sent if possible)

How much?: $225

Have you contacted the scammer?:- Yes
If yes, What did they say?:- The screenshots provides his response

Other comments:
Sorry for that many screenshots whoever will handle will handle the dispute, here is the story of what happened (unless he has a different version) I contacted Mr.Major because he was selling amazon cards which I sent him a PM to buy some of them at the rate of 80% of what they are worth he agreed but also asked me if I would buy gamestop gift cards at 75% he also told that I could buy other gift cards with Gamestop gift cards.

I agreed to buy gamestop cards instead since there is a gamestop 3 blocks away from my house so it was definitely easy for me, this guy indeed is a legitimate seller since we did a first successful transaction of $600 worth in codes which I paid around $450.

The problem was when I bought the second batch of codes he had $300 worth of codes
Which I paid $225 for them they worked and we're added to my account with no issues the next day I went to buy amazon cards with the codes but the manager of the store told me that she couldn't sell me that many gift cards and she would call the store support and ask them of she could sell as many codes, I waited for a long time and told me that they would call me to give me an answer.

Mr.Major told me that his sister had issues trying to get amazon cards like me so I went the next week to buy some games and a playstation plus card I was ready to pay when the balance went to 0 I was there like an idiot luckily the guy was cool with it and didn't say anything, I texted Mr.Major (as you can see in the screenshots) and asked him what he did and he explained me that the codes only worked for a couple of days which I didn't know and that a similar problem happened with another guy.

So I tried to be polite, he told me that he would give me some codes for free but I didn't really want that so I came up with an idea which he agreed on, I didn't want him to lose money either so I asked him if we could do another deal I would buy $2,000 worth of Amazon cards at the rate of 70% which I could get back some of the money I lost and he would still be Making money since he was getting then at 40-50% as he stated in the screenshots.

I didn't have the money at that time so after a while I sent him a text asking him of the deal was still on which he confirmed after a few days I sent him a text because I had the money ready to buy them but he said that he couldn't do it anymore and that it wasn't his fault and I told him that it wasn't my fault 100% either because he never told me that the codes worked for a couple of days.

So that it was a mistake from both (mod you can decide here) and that I would at least get half of what I lost and the last text I said if he would've told me I only had 2 days to spend the money I would have bought absolutely anything and not lose the money I even asked him if the cards had expiration date and if he told me that I had 2 days and not spend it it would have been my fault, he also said that I should have spent the money sooner which as a buyer I can spend them whenever I want since I bought them but he stopped replying to that's why I am here.

Mod sorry for the long story and screenshots and I know there is Alot of misspellings and if you have any questions feel free to ask anything.
12-20-2015, 04:00 PM #2
Originally posted by Goldberg View Post
Accused Scammer's Username: Mr.Major
Accused Scammer's Profile (URL) You must login or register to view this content.

Other comments:
Sorry for that many screenshots whoever will handle will handle the dispute, here is the story of what happened (unless he has a different version) I contacted Mr.Major because he was selling amazon cards which I sent him a PM to buy some of them at the rate of 80% of what they are worth he agreed but also asked me if I would buy gamestop gift cards at 75% he also told that I could buy other gift cards with Gamestop gift cards.

I agreed to buy gamestop cards instead since there is a gamestop 3 blocks away from my house so it was definitely easy for me, this guy indeed is a legitimate seller since we did a first successful transaction of $600 worth in codes which I paid around $450.

The problem was when I bought the second batch of codes he had $300 worth of codes
Which I paid $225 for them they worked and we're added to my account with no issues the next day I went to buy amazon cards with the codes but the manager of the store told me that she couldn't sell me that many gift cards and she would call the store support and ask them of she could sell as many codes, I waited for a long time and told me that they would call me to give me an answer.

Mr.Major told me that his sister had issues trying to get amazon cards like me so I went the next week to buy some games and a playstation plus card I was ready to pay when the balance went to 0 I was there like an idiot luckily the guy was cool with it and didn't say anything, I texted Mr.Major (as you can see in the screenshots) and asked him what he did and he explained me that the codes only worked for a couple of days which I didn't know and that a similar problem happened with another guy.

So I tried to be polite, he told me that he would give me some codes for free but I didn't really want that so I came up with an idea which he agreed on, I didn't want him to lose money either so I asked him if we could do another deal I would buy $2,000 worth of Amazon cards at the rate of 70% which I could get back some of the money I lost and he would still be Making money since he was getting then at 40-50% as he stated in the screenshots.

I didn't have the money at that time so after a while I sent him a text asking him of the deal was still on which he confirmed after a few days I sent him a text because I had the money ready to buy them but he said that he couldn't do it anymore and that it wasn't his fault and I told him that it wasn't my fault 100% either because he never told me that the codes worked for a couple of days.

So that it was a mistake from both (mod you can decide here) and that I would at least get half of what I lost and the last text I said if he would've told me I only had 2 days to spend the money I would have bought absolutely anything and not lose the money I even asked him if the cards had expiration date and if he told me that I had 2 days and not spend it it would have been my fault, he also said that I should have spent the money sooner which as a buyer I can spend them whenever I want since I bought them but he stopped replying to that's why I am here.

Mod sorry for the long story and screenshots and I know there is Alot of misspellings and if you have any questions feel free to ask anything.

Difficult situation from what I can tell. Is there anything you're after with this dispute? The dispute itself is quite a bit to read, so I may have missed some stuff out but I'm 100% not sure what you're looking to resolve.
Just want to clarify what you expect from this, i.e a refund or a new deal you guys can work out.

Anyways, user has been contacted and has 48 hours to respond.
12-20-2015, 05:01 PM #3
Goldberg
Usertitle
Originally posted by Mrs.
Difficult situation from what I can tell. Is there anything you're after with this dispute? The dispute itself is quite a bit to read, so I may have missed some stuff out but I'm 100% not sure what you're looking to resolve.
Just want to clarify what you expect from this, i.e a refund or a new deal you guys can work out.

Anyways, user has been contacted and has 48 hours to respond.

I forgot to add that well, my options would be to keep our old deal, a refund or a new deal anything works.
12-23-2015, 07:56 AM #4
I forgot to add that well, my options would be to keep our old deal, a refund or a new deal anything works.

Sorry for the late response, been away. User has been given an additional 5 days (until 25th) to respond due to not being online. Please try contact him to come online if possible. Thanks
12-25-2015, 05:38 PM #5

User has not been able to come online, but this is likely because the user is no longer active. The dispute will be closed and the user will be banned for the time being.
Sorry I can't do much here until the user responds, dispute closed until further notice.
01-30-2016, 08:07 PM #6
Accused Scammer's Username: Mr.Major

Other comments:

User has been unbanned, would you like to continue with this dispute?
01-30-2016, 10:00 PM #7
Goldberg
Usertitle
Yes please
01-30-2016, 10:01 PM #8
Goldberg
Usertitle
Originally posted by Insight View Post
User has been unbanned, would you like to continue with this dispute?

Sorry I forgot to quote
01-31-2016, 01:51 PM #9
Sorry I forgot to quote

User has been contacted and has 48 hours to respond
01-31-2016, 08:03 PM #10
Mr.Major
Need something? Just ask!
I asked Goldberg when I sold him the cards when he was going to use that and that he needed to asap. He said he would be going the next day. I never heard anything about them not letting him buy what he wanted when he went. I even asked him did they let you buy the Amazon gift card when you went cause the didn't let my sister, and he said yeah they let him. So I was under the impression that he spent the gift cards already until like a week later when he said he still had them, and when he told me he still had them I told him that there wouldn't be a balance on them.

I don't know if you can understand when I'm trying to say, I'm typing on my phone and I hate typing on here.

Summary. I sold him the gift cards, he said he would use them the next day, then he told me he used them with no problem, then a week later he brings them back up. I see this as being his fault for not letting me know that he didn't spend the gift cards when he told me he was going to.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo