10-23-2017, 01:12 PM #1
Meiklejohn
Save Point
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); As a avid fallout fan, I would like to know what everyone prefers
Fallout 1
Fallout 2
Fallout tactics
Fallout 3
Fallout new vegas
Fallout 4
I only ask this as now the dust has settled for some time, what did you really like about fallout 4?
Graphics don't even come into the argument for me and I see a lot of people use the argument that it 'looks so much better' OK.... But again graphics has nothing to do with the game style, game play, atmosphere, surroundings.
The first two fallout games layed down the main story even to this day in the current fallout 4, and those games were excellent, every single npc had multiple diologue trees, multiple ways to handle the lone wanderer (yourself) actions and responses.
Tactics, let's not get into what a bombshell that turned out to be.
Fallout 3 at this time Bethesda/zenimax acquired fallout licence, the studio the IP originally belonged to black Isle studio. Bethesda had most of the work done for them in terms of locations, story lines, factions, npc's etc they had one foot in the door already when they started to flip the game to its third person perspective and there's nothing wrong with that, heck games need to evolve its healthy and i welcomed the change.

Fallout 3 all round although slightly streamlined still had what made a fallout game great, traits, factions, karma, multiple ways to complete a quest, multiple ways to go about killing those in your way, multiple builds, the waste land was truly amazing some places lacked anything at all really but others hell you walk into a vault and find peices of paper telling you a story, hacking terminal's for information about what happened in the vault and while exploring the vault finding the evidence to back up what you read.
Some places where truly terrifying to explore, the atmosphere was all round amazing.

New vegas consisting of many black Isle studio devs only expanded on this and took it further way past what fallout 3 could do/had done, in only a year and half, were Bethesda supportive of obsidian entertainment during this process, fuck no, they were stubborn children about it, worrying it wasnr going to turn out good, even tough it has in the hands of its originators, new vegas was amazing for all the same reasons as I've listed above for fallout 3 only more depth, more story's, more refreshing, refined, well tuned. More rpg elements, degrading of weapons, armor degrading etc, it made you think about what weapons you were using, it made you check your armors state after coming across a group of deathclaws or the legion.
Truly a 10/10 game.

Now we arrive at the issue.
Fallout 4
No traits
No factions
No karma
No player choice
Very little rpg elements
Limited diologue
No multiple approaches
All on favor of gun play.
Now can I ask what exactly it is people like about this game?

Id like to point out I have over 200 hours on each and every single fallout with the exception being fallout tactics 13 hours damn it's so bad lol.
07-16-2018, 04:16 PM #2
Steeden87
NextGenUpdate Elite
Fallout 3 ia handsdown the best game i have ever played. Im dying for a remaster on the PS4. I hope it doesn't carry the bad game bugs over though!

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo