01-11-2011, 07:53 PM #1
Jake
One Man Army
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Sony have released a statement promising fans they are working on updates to fix the recent attacks on the PS3 security.

Infamously-known world wide for his hacking abilities, console hacker GeoHot released an unauthorized code last week which allowed hackers to use illegal content on the PS3, tricking the console into thinking the software has been authorized by Sony.

Sony commented on the hacks earlier today:

Originally posted by another user
We are aware of this, and are currently looking into it. We will fix the issues through network updates, but because this is a security issue, we are not able to provide you with any more details.

Hacking groups have responded to Sony's statement, telling the BBC it will not be possible:

Originally posted by another user
The complete console is compromised - there is no way back. The only way to fix this is to issue new hardware. Sony will have to accept this.

Source: You must login or register to view this content.

The following user thanked Jake for this useful post:

A_Shifter99
01-13-2011, 09:57 PM #20
Hurldoh
Kiss My Country Ass
I'm going to be the crash test dumby in this whole situation.

I went to OFW but that's it. Not deleting anything else.

I want to see if sony is bluffing, or how long it'll take them to do so.

The following user thanked Hurldoh for this useful post:

Yoszhi
01-13-2011, 10:44 PM #21
Sharpie
Being awesome since 2009
PS4 coming early then? Happy I mean, it would encourage people to leave PS3, and the damage will be limited for them.
01-13-2011, 11:31 PM #22
spydermonkee
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by xShArPiiE View Post
PS4 coming early then? Happy I mean, it would encourage people to leave PS3, and the damage will be limited for them.

i agree best solution for Sony would be a new console, i mean really how many people are using the ps2 lol

I think its pretty cool what endless possibilities this has open, but at the same time the downfall of any noob can have a cl, i think cl were cool in a pm, but i busted out the old mw2 to play a few games and i couldn't even find a legit game the first four or five games i went into everyones clan tag was {DT} :rolleyes:
01-13-2011, 11:41 PM #23
Smick
Keeper
Originally posted by ILuZzONz View Post
Unless Sony sart Console and IP banning so Im going back to OFW because I can still host with OFW but Im still deleting Comgenies File Manager and everything elkse Ive downloaded through cfw

IP banning is impossible. Unplug your router for 10 seconds or call your ISP. Console banning is possible but not if you're on CFW. Sony is screwed. As stated before the only way out of this is hardware updates on new PS3s.

The following user thanked Smick for this useful post:

ILuZzONz
01-21-2011, 07:12 PM #24
Originally posted by spydermonkee View Post
i agree best solution for Sony would be a new console, i mean really how many people are using the ps2 lol

I think its pretty cool what endless possibilities this has open, but at the same time the downfall of any noob can have a cl, i think cl were cool in a pm, but i busted out the old mw2 to play a few games and i couldn't even find a legit game the first four or five games i went into everyones clan tag was {DT} :rolleyes:

First off(the only part of this to the OP), this has been going on for a while...you want to see your players drop out then bring new toons under the same OIP join, try keeping everyone in your list muted. Thats where the hacks come across, unless they redirect the entire game. The clan tag '%$00' lets you know when thats happened as in the lobby the '%' will show as a period(.)...old school dBase my friends...in game it will always show as a period cause the original host is no lnger SCEA/Infinty Ward.

Second off, this is an insult to those of us who started FTP and Fileshares(torrents are for noobs). Now days those are used by two groups of people...and niether mean you good intentions. The first group post the 'supposed' software to mine your info and ALWAYS have a frontdoor into your PC, as most 'generator' SW sets off your AV and to use it you must choose ignore. They are just looking to get your personal information such as passwords, credit info, etc.

/facepalm Did you really think there are thousands of people that just want you to be able to use the software they supposedly hacked without addidng there extra bit of code into? /facepalm

The second group are some people pretending they can game with ZERO actual ability, lets discuss their MO for a breif moment...sorry, if this is you and you just didnt realise it.

Who are you trying to impress? Seriously, Im a grown man who served a real COD. Do you think I dont notice that you just shot me with a shot-gun from across an entire zone? Or maybe you threw a knife with the luck of my kins men the same distance and it actually still had enough 'PhysX' to do damage enough to kill me? (BTW...keeping things "MUTE" stops all this BS) What, you never thought of it that way? You need a game to feel big? No, Im afraid its much darker than that. You are looking for 'marks', and since most of us adults know when things just dont add up who could those 'marks' be? Thats right...the younger generation playing these games :shh: . Now how do you feel about your propagation just so you could have the winning score.

Dont get me wrong, some friends in private matches...that stuff can get HALARIOUS...we love it...but when you take it to the community, you have very different intentions and now that news is out :bye: .

Now what does this all have to do with the OP? Geroge Hottezs (yes, I know how to spell his name..REAL) assumes the position he had ZERO intention of hacking the PS3 until they took out the 'Install Other OS' feature. Why was he involved in the efforts before then? Hmmm /facepalm ! Why would a grwon man need to be able to win the games he is playing online? Hmmm Shiver ?

I think that its obvious but Ill leave it to you to decide :whistle: . Now lets look, the only people that will be able to afford a new PS, as it does seem un-real that SCE could update the FW without making our current games unplayable. Thanks GeoHot and the whole entire bassackwards FailingOverflow :bye: ...Im sure you can use someone elses card to buy your PS4, but some of us still have integrity to make our own ways. Right now, my entire marketing banner is in OBVIOUS redirect nor can I even access the Trend Micro Activation page.

This is going to cost some of us more than we have..being vets Dancing and all but so long as you impressed a 13 year old :shh: with your unnatural gaming I guess its cool :carling: . Sony, maybe you should think about some ACTUAL security now; you know the complicated things like "BLOCK NON-FRIEND MESSAGING" and such /facepalm . Maybe that your 'Install Other OS' feature WAS NOT how they were getting past your VERY inadequately protected coding :bye: !
01-21-2011, 07:43 PM #25
Whatever the case, I don't want sony to release ps4 anytime before xbox releases their next console.
01-21-2011, 08:21 PM #26
Superman.
Is it a bird? ... Is it a plane?
if they fix it, will we get banned?
01-21-2011, 09:21 PM #27
They can't really fix it can they. The signed key has been leaked. They will need to change all the hardware, aka a PS4. Nothing they can do other than bringing out the bans.
01-21-2011, 09:23 PM #28
JP
Israeli/Palestinian Unity
PS4 is probably what their working like hell on right now.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo