Post: “Black Ops 2,” Code-Named “Eclipse,” to Release on a Total Solar Eclipse?
04-22-2012, 12:59 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Speculation of the next Call of Duty installment is on the rise as we get closer to the official announcement from Treyarch. Recently, NGU user You must login or register to view this content.reported on the fact that the next Call of Duty may not be called Black Ops 2, rather Call of Duty: Eclipse. You can read that article You must login or register to view this content..

You must login or register to view this content.

Youtube user MrRoflWaffles took the speculation a level higher, stating in his You must login or register to view this content. that there is a mysterious link between the rumoured name of the next CoD and the release date.

Call of Duty titles typically release on the second Tuesday of November each year. This means that Eclipse would be released on November 13th, 2012. As MrRoflWaffles pointed out, a total solar eclipse will also be taking place on November 13th of this year. Check out this page on the official You must login or register to view this content. for the details of the solar eclipse.

Remember the downloadable zombie map Shangri-La from Black Ops? It included an Easter egg that after following several steps that involved puzzle solving, the moon covers the sun (an eclipse) and the lighting of the map completely changes, not to mention the sky.

So, what do you make of this? Will the next Call of Duty title be named “Eclipse?” If this is a marketing campaign by Activison, they sure are grabbing the attention of CoD fans.

Thanks for reading! Source: You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by CLM ; 04-22-2012 at 01:03 AM.

The following 15 users say thank you to Storm for this useful post:

Assassin, Chaz, Heaney, Hitman, Janne, Lovol, Mr.Ron, NeedaLifeSoon, Omshivam, Pedobear, Warlockplayer19,
04-22-2012, 01:05 AM #2
CLM
[b]They say sorry Mr. West is..[/b]
They can name it "Call of Duty: Pancakes," for all I care, as long as there's zombies, Activison can have my $60 ^^

The following 12 users say thank you to CLM for this useful post:

Assassin, Bagles, Chaz, Coqui, dela_tiges12, Merkii, Nuke, Omshivam, Pimp, Press ►, Wondoh, ZoneHD
04-22-2012, 01:05 AM #3
NeedaLifeSoon
Retired Life
That article eclipsed many other 1st submissionsAwesome face

I am curious to see Treyarch's effort on its next release.
IW is slipping and this would be their chance to finally shine, but we may be seeing the slow death of the series.
Last edited by NeedaLifeSoon ; 04-22-2012 at 02:40 AM.
04-22-2012, 01:06 AM #4
TPB Bubbles
< ^ > < ^ >
like a boos southern keep it coming :carling:
04-22-2012, 01:08 AM #5
blair
:carling:
What CLM said, all i'm in for is the zombies :p
04-22-2012, 01:46 AM #6
Chaz
Tremble Underfoot
Keep this up man Happy Nice first article :y:

And I second that motion CLM :p Call of Duty: Pancakes would make me happy :fa:
04-22-2012, 10:13 AM #7
Top_Dog_Uk
Gym leader
nice work good job
04-22-2012, 10:24 AM #8
Originally posted by Pedobear
It would be an incredibly broad step if they decided to do something such as a full zombie campaign or something of the like. True, there is a huge zombie-player fanbase that would love it, but CoD isn't usually about this sort of mode.

That's true. Would be awesome to see some sort of Zombies in the campaign, but it would really deviate from the CoD formula that keeps people buying the game each year.

Having Zombie maps in the DLC releases really boosted Black Ops popularity, it would be a mistake to not have it again. Thanks for your post Smile
04-22-2012, 11:25 AM #9
Yoko
Banned
Activision is only good for zombies, everyone will want the latest call of duty, play it for a few months then got bored of it and bitch about it. They fucked up black ops multiplayer they will end up doing the same to the new black ops but zombies will be better then it ever will be.
Last edited by Yoko ; 04-22-2012 at 11:28 AM.
04-22-2012, 01:21 PM #10
NJN
I sat on your nachos
Take notice that November 13th 2012 is going to be on a tuesday. MW3 was released on a tuesday same with Black Ops, MW2 and I think COD4, and 5!

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo