06-16-2011, 02:45 PM #1
mattb2k
Bounty hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Ultimate Team Tips & Tricks Book

https://www.megaupload.com/?d=KMEJZT88

Tips on free kicks, penalties etc:

Free kicks

How to take a power free kick.

How to take curved free kicks.

How to take the 'dipping' free kick.

Penalty Tips

Basic penalty tutorial.

Saving penalties

Skill moves

Skill moves | Why you should use them.

How to Rabona fake shot

How to do all the skill moves

Probably the best site ever for Ultimate team:
You must login or register to view this content.

There on NO duplication glitches of any kind, anyone who tells you otherwise is lying, no matter how legit it seems DO NOT give them your players.

Info on Phishing

Basics

EA won't give you help with, but I will.

Phishing is an internet term that involves the creation of fake sites in order to obtain people's information. Some utter tools have applied this concept to UT '11 what with the release of the web browser, and some on this forum have started posting these pages in order to get people to give them their login details.

I know what you're thinking. "I'm not that stupid, why would I give random strangers my email and password?"

Well, they're clever, these cretins. What they have done is created a page that looks exactly like the login page for the UT web browser. A picture of a section of it is below. You must login or register to view this content.

Now we're starting to see how clever these guys are. That page is identical to the Web Browser in all ways but one - that tab at the top of the browser. Circled with red, you can see the green square with symbols on it. That shows you that it is not legit, that if you type in your address and password it will simply put the data into a spreadsheet for the hackers and tell you that you failed to log in.

Preventative Measures

1) Set the browser to remember your login details. That way if the site is legit, your details should already be in the box, or at least come up when you sart typing.
2) if you are already logged in, and you are asked to login again, you are probably on a phishing site. Reload the browser to make sure you're online, and if it asks you again, close the phishing window and report whoever posted it.
3) ALWAYS check the tab at the top of the internet browser. ALWAYS. It's the easiest way to tell.
4) Also, ALWAYS check the web address. It won't be identical to the official browser's web address. Some clever phishers disguise their links, so always check it.
5) If you think you have ust given your account details away, CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD. You can still save your stuff.

Things To Remember:

1) You cannot get hacked without typing in your details. If you click on a phishing link, you have not been hacked. Type your information into it and you are. So be careful; utlimately you have messed up if you do, so be cautious.
2) Not every link on this forum is a phishing link. It is a real danger, and many people have had their cards stolen by it, but do not treat anyone who posts a link as a thieving gypsy. They're always safe to click, just be careful with your details.
3) EA are incredibly unfeeling on this subject - they avoid the topic at all costs, yet within thirty seconds of a thread selling signatures for 500 coins pops up they close it in fifteen seconds. This forum has the worst customer service I have seen in a lengthy gaming career. So make as much noise as possible about getting hacked, because they need to start taking notice. You are at fault if you are hacked - it is also EA's fault for not clamping down on Phishers, and making details more difficult to get hold of and change.

Loads of tips for Ultimate Team.
It's the beginners guide from the EA forums.

Introduction

1) Start Up Basics

• Free Gold packs when starting UT10
If you are a UT Founder, you will receive two free gold packs when you open UT11 for the first time. You can’t redeem these if you delete your club and begin another –they’re a one time only offer.

• What is a UT Founder? How do I get the title?
A UT founder signed up for UT09 within a month of its release. Any clubs that were created after this have EST. [Month of creation]

• What is there to do in Ultimate Team?
Create the ultimate team, of course! UT is essentially a card game version of FIFA that has, in my opinion, more depth than any other game mode – it has a fully fledged economy for Christ’s sake!

• Can I play my friends in Ultimate team?
You can, from the “Play A Friend” option in the Play menu. There have been some connectivity issues though.

• I don't get a lot of coins when I win.....why?
Because you’re cack.
Only joking. But you do need to play well to get coins – you get coins for points scored by your performance, including factors such as shots on target, passing percentage and corners. The bonus multiplier also affects your coinage; a low one, typically included in tournaments, means less coins.

• How can I make multiple Squads?
Press triangle on PS3 (or the equivalent on Xbox360) in the Squad menu when looking at your first squad. Select “Squad Management” and select the “Create new Squad” option.

• How can I get new players?
In packs, or from the player trade centre.

• What are the differences between the packs?
A standard pack is cheaper, but will include less “shiny cards”, which are typically (but not always) more valuable. A premium pack will include three rare cards instead of one, but is more expensive.

• I want to have a team of All-stars - can I?
If you like, who am I to judge? If you’ve got the coins, nobody can argue with you.

• Can I play UT on two different Gamertags (xbox 360) ?
FUT can only be played on the gamertag that purchased UT.

2) Basic Squad Questions

• How do I apply Squad boost cards?
In the squad menu, press triangle on PS3 (or the 360 equivalent) and select “Team Training”. All the squad cards you have available will pop up; apply the one you wish.

• Can I train my players to play in new positions?
Yes. See the squad building section of this thread, the second post, for further details.

• Can I play my Right back at Left back?
No. Again, see the squad building section of the thread, the second post, for further details.

• My players have no contracts! Help!
Give him another! Would you work for no pay? Buy one for him from the trade centre, or open a pack to get one for him.

• How can I see how long a player is injured for?
Check his profile – in the squad menu, click in the right analogue stick (or the equivalent on 360) for the injured player, and there will be a small section giving details of his injury.

• How can I get my players fit again?
Give them a fitness card, or alternatively rest them for one game. In order to rest a player, he must be an unused sub on in the reserves of a squad for one game – if you remove him from the squad, he will NOT regenerate his fitness.

• Why don't my players bans get lifted?
If you’ve taken your player out of a team and then player a game with them, his ban will not be lifted. A banned player has to serve one game in the reserves of a squad that plays a game, you can’t simply take him straight out of the squad and expect the ban lifted.

• How many Managers can I have in my team?
Loads, as many as you want. But only one per squad. See the squad building section for more details on managers.

• How do coaches help my team?
They don’t, don’t waste your hard earned cash. What they do is provide bonus’s to training cards, with the more coaches meaning the higher bonus. They’re not worth the money. Fitness coaches do the same, but increase the number of games a fitness card can reduce. Unfortunately, you’ll pay about 10k to get enough fitness coaches to increase a silver card from 2 games to 3. So don’t bother.

• Can I have two of the same player in my team?
No. You can use one player in more than one squad, and you can have a non IF version of a player and an IF version in the same team, though they’re not allowed in the same squad. But no, you cannot have duplicates of a card.

• What does "number of owners" mean?
How many owners the card has had before you.

• Why are my players morale low?
Because you’re losing, because they’re not playing, because they’re injured/suspended, or because they’ve cheated on their wives and it’s been reported to the media.

3) Player / Item Searching
• How can I sell players?
Put them in your trade pile, and then set a bid price and buy now price. To put them in your trade pile, press X on the PS3 (Xbox equivalent) to get up the player action menu, and select “Add To Trade Pile” or something.

• What are shiny cards? How do I know if my card is shiny?
Shiny cards are “rare” cards, you get one in a standard pack and three in a premium pack. They are generally more valuable than non shiny cards, but there’s no guarantee. You know it’s shiny because it’s sparkly, you cretin.

• Where did someone get a blue ball from!?!?
He bought it.

• How do I find cards that change a players position?
They are types of training cards. Cycle through the trade centre to the filter for training cards, and select “position” in the type of card section.

• I have bought a player...where has he gone?
Wherever you put him. Check the watch list, if he’s not there check the trade pile, if not there check your squads, if he’s not there try to add him into a squad as you probably sent him to your club. If he’s not there, you didn’t buy him, stop smoking so much.

• How do I know if I am winning a bid?
It’s got a big green tick next to it, and the amount of coins you put in is next to the “Current Bid” banner.

• How do I remove a player from my watch list?
Get the Action Menu up, X (or maybe square?) on PS£ (Xbox equiv) and select “Remove from watch list”.

• There are the same player listed with different overall ratings! why??
The player with the black card and higher overall is an In-Form player, commonly abbreviated to IF. This player performed well in real life, and as such was available for a week in packs with a higher rating. These players are infinitely more valuable than their non IF counterparts. There is a stickied thread for the players of the week in this section of the forum.

• I didn't receive the full trade sell amount? Why?
EA take a 5% charge from the profit you make on cards. This stops inflation and instant profit. Yeah, I don’t get it either.
[/spoiler]

4) Tournament Basics

• How do I find out a tournaments prize bonus?
It says it when you enter the tournament, in big letters between either side of the tournament ladder.

• Why cant I enter a tournament?
Each tournament has preset demands, if your squad does not match them then you can’t enter the tournament. Either that, or the tournament is closed or hasn’t opened yet.

• Can I enter multiple tournaments at once?
No.

• The tournament is too hard....help!
Man up pusscake, try harder!
[/spoiler]

5) My Club

• What is "My Club"
What do you think it is?! It’s the club that belongs to you. The menu “My Club” shows every card you have in your club, including team kits and badges.

• How can I find a kit that I just got?
You’ll have put it into your club. Select “My Club” from the UT menu, find the country and league your kit was from and go to the team the kit was from. There you go.

• How do I change my badge?
Find it with the method mentioned above, press X (or Xbox equiv) on the badge and select “Make active badge”. Voila.

• Can I keep multiple kits and badges for the same club?
Yes.

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Squad Building

This section is to help people build squads from nothing: if you’re half way through making a squad, you might need to change your line up in order to fit these guidelines.

Chemistry

Ok, let’s start with the basics. Obviously you want an awesome squad, but the main things that differentiates gameplay from normal FIFA gameplay is chemistry. This is essentially how well your squad links together, with 100 being awesome and 0 indicating they have no legs. Players have chemistry individually, and also due to the players alongside them.

Players get individual chemistry by:
• Players having the correct or a similar formation. You get more chemistry for having the right formation than one similar.
• Players playing in the correct or a similar position. You get more chemistry for having the right position than a similar one.

There are formation cards that can alter formations, and position cards that can alter player positions. There are formation cards for every formation, but only a certain amount for positions. There are five position card “chains”, which go like this:

LWB <-> LB
RWB <-> RB
LM <-> LW <-> LF
RM <-> RW <-> RF
CDM <-> CM <-> CAM <-> CF <-> ST

The double headed arrow indicates that there are cards for both changes: for instance, there is a CM -> CAM card, and a CAM -> CM card. Once you have the card you want, you apply it to your player in the squad menu as you would a fitness or injury card.

Players also get a chemistry bonus from players alongside them by:
• Players with the same nationality. This has the smallest link between players, but is still good.
• Players playing in the same league. You get a higher bonus than the same nationality for this.
• Players playing for the same club. You get the highest linking bonus for this.

Bearing this in mind, a team with David Villa, Ibrahimovic and Rooney up front is actually going to be pretty poor, because they’re not going to be making any sort of cohesive movement with each other. It’s best to work out the squad you want and how well they will link before you go and spend megabucks.

Managers

I’m going to put this at the beginning, because it is one of my massive pet hates on UT:

If your manager has the wrong formation and doesn’t share the nationality of any of your players, he is entirely pointless. Completely and utterly. So don’t waste your time and money on one that doesn't suit.

Glad I got that out of my system.

Managers are there solely to boost your chemistry, which when used effectively they are very good at. They do this in two ways:

• If your manager has the correct formation for your team, you gain a big chemistry chunk – I think it’s 10 points, I might be wrong.
• Players get a chemistry bonus when they have the same nationality as their manager.

So if you have an all French Ligue 1 team, or an all English Premiership team, don’t get Alex Ferguson as your manager. It’s a waste of time, when Arsene Wenger or Roy Hodgson would suit one of those teams far better and probably save you money.

NOTE: THE OVERALL OF A MANAGER DOES BEARING ON THE CHEMISTRY HE GIVES YOU. A gold manager who has the correct formation for a side will give it ten chemistry points. A silver manager who has the correct formation will give you four chemistry points. A bronze manager who has the correct formation will give you two chemistry points. These points are halved if the formation is similar but not correct. However, as far as I'm aware the color of a manager's card has no bearing on the chemistry bonus gained by players from having a manager the same nationality as them, so if you're creating an Austrian side it's still better to go with a silver Austrian manager rather than a gold Scottish one.

Formations

Just a brief section on these. About 60% of standard formations in normal FIFA are available in UT, and it’s important to select one before you start choosing a squad. BEAR IN MINSad Awesome SOME FORMATION CARDS ARE MORE EXPENSIVE THAN OTHERS. 41212 cards are the most expensive in the game, they go for megabucks, and also expensive are 422 and 433 cards; players with these formations become more valuable as a result. If you’re going to set up a squad with one of these formations, make sure you have the money to do it beforehand.
[/spoiler]

Contracts

Contracts are very important in Ultimate Team – they extend your players’ contract by a certain amount of games – and adds a couple more coins onto the players’ market price. There are two different types of contracts, manager contracts and player contracts. Manager contracts boost the contract of your manager, and player contracts boost the contracts of your players.

Player contracts can be picked up for around 350 coins on the market, some occasionally go for cheaper though, be sure to check the market regularly to pick up cheap contracts! Player contracts are rarer than manager contracts.

Manager contracts are worth around 250 coins, and the market is always flooded with them as members don’t usually need tons of manager contracts: but if your manager has a low contract be sure to purchase a manager contract.

[/spoiler]

Making Money

Ah. Money. I bet this section’s got your attention, right?

This is the issue that most players have. I’m aware of a few very good FIFA players who really struggle with making money, and on the other hand I’ve thrashed teams made of the most expensive players money can buy 6-0 with the spares in my club. Money does not make a good player, it’s worth knowing that before you set out. If you’re complaining about not having enough money to win, you’re probably a below average player.

Moreover, this section will not make you millions of coins in a week. Making money, for all but the elite economists of UT, takes time and luck. It’s also important to remember that the money is there to be used for players in the game, but many people get addicted to pushing that number in the top right higher and higher. So be careful.

Money Terminology:
K = thousands. Example: 5k = 5,000 coins.
c = coins. Example: 600c = 600 coins.

The Basics of Money:

1) Money in FUT11 cannot be lost, unless spent on “money sinks”, or you overspend. Basically, this means that if you buy a player for his market price, you have not lost that money – you get it back when you choose to sell that card. For instance, I made an Eredivisie team at the beginning of UT. A few days ago I was in real need of some money, and finally gave up waiting for a tournament that would allow the Eredivisie XI to be introduced and sold all the players. It left me with over 100k. This was all money that I had earned earlier, and left sitting in my club in the form of players I had no use for. I could get it back when I sold the cards.

Money sinks are simply cards that you will not sell once you have purchased because you have bought them for a purpose; formation cards, contract cards, fitness cards and the like. Players do not fall into this category as you can always sell them on.

2) If you’re not sure whether a card is overpriced or underpriced, do not buy it. There is nothing worse than picking up a card for 5k, trying to sell it for 7k and realising it’s worth 1k. It is always worth keeping tabs on cards which there is a constant demand.

3) You should always keep a nest egg of money for when things go wrong. If you spend 50k of your 50,050c fortune on Eto’o, and then get three injuries and two contracts run out in the following game, you have about 500c with which to fix a serious problem that could cost you anything up to 2k. It’s worth keeping money to give you something to fall back on if you make an awful buy, or if you need a lot of contracts/injury cards in a hurry.

4) EA takes 5% of all money you make from selling cards. Example: If you sell a card for 1,000 cards, you get 950 of them. The other five percent is docked by EA to prevent instant profit and inflation on cards. To work out how much you’ve earned from a card, multiply the total the card sold for by 0.95.

Money Making Methods:

1) The Hour Method
• HOW: When people want a quick sale, they do it for little cash and the lowest time possible. In the player search, scroll to the right until you reach 59m, and search in that minute for players cheaper than normal. Sell those players for a profit.
• PROS: Possible to make massive money, probably the biggest potential on UT for profit.
• CONS: Takes a long time to get there, no guarantee money can be made, very popular method so difficult to get bargains, accidentally pressing exit means hours of scrolling wasted, possible to lose money if you don’t know your player prices.

2) The Silver Market
• HOW: The silver market is the most malleable market of the three card types, with players worth 10k going for less than 1k due to unsuspecting owners and the lack of popularity in silver cards. This method essentially means keeping an eye out for silvers that sell for a lot of money, and taking advantage when they do.
• PROS: Little risk if player remains unfound, rare silver players can sell for more than their worth if none others are up.
• CONS: If you get the player value wrong you fail hard. Method will be more difficult to use when silver tournaments are introduced.

3) The Discard Method
• HOW: Non shiny golds can be discarded for about 310 coins, and shiny golds for about 610. Often these cards are put up for a BIN of less than this; take advantage and buy them, then make a little profit.
• PROS: Zero risk, simple as they come.
• CONS: Will take you a while to build up any serious profit.

4) The One Minute Method
• HOW: Simple; keep an eye on the cards ending in about thirty seconds and under, and bid on any going cheap.
• PROS: Surprising amount of cards reach thirty seconds without a bid. They’re all yours.
• CONS: A valuable card coming down way below value is uncommon, what’s even more uncommon is it staying there.

5) The Begging Method
• HOW: Make threads on the forum asking for money.
• PROS: None.
• CONS: You are revealed as the skiving that you are.

These methods are just a starting point. Modify them as you wish, or ignore them all and carve your own way. None of the guarantee mass profits, but they will give you a starting step on the ladder to greatness.
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

If there's anything I missed out, PM me.

Also, if anyone wants me to, I can do something on terminology with Ultimate Team.

You must login or register to view this content. Made by me though.

The following user thanked mattb2k for this useful post:

gilleken5

The following user groaned mattb2k for this awful post:

cmms07
06-16-2011, 03:05 PM #2
Sharpie
Being awesome since 2009
Good thread, well worked on, but isn't this what the forum is for? Happy
Each of these things has pretty much been made into a thread somewhere in these forums, and if literally EVERYTHING to do with Fifa is in this thread, then surely every other thread would have to be deleted? Just my two cents....

The following user thanked Sharpie for this useful post:

cmms07
06-16-2011, 03:07 PM #3
mattb2k
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Sharpie View Post
Good thread, well worked on, but isn't this what the forum is for? Happy
Each of these things has pretty much been made into a thread somewhere in these forums, and if literally EVERYTHING to do with Fifa is in this thread, then surely every other thread would have to be deleted? Just my two cents....

Meh, whatever. I made this for another forum, I just thought I'd post it here too.
06-16-2011, 03:11 PM #4
Will be helpful to any beginners.
06-16-2011, 03:16 PM #5
gilleken5
Gym leader
Nice thread though ! :y:

Good idea to put everything together in 1 thread.
06-16-2011, 03:39 PM #6
Sharpie
Being awesome since 2009
Originally posted by mattb2k View Post
Meh, whatever. I made this for another forum, I just thought I'd post it here too.

Ah, I see you are a Se7ensis addict :carling:. That seems to have more Fifa info, but it is Xbox forums, so I do not go there No
06-16-2011, 03:41 PM #7
mattb2k
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Sharpie View Post
Ah, I see you are a Se7ensis addict :carling:. That seems to have more Fifa info, but it is Xbox forums, so I do not go there No

Awesome face Yeah, I'm now on most of the 'big' sites. Se7enSins, TTG, hoping to post on here more too.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo