Post: Treyarch Developer shares CoD7 multiplayer information
04-05-2010, 08:56 PM #1
Shepleklet
u mad cuz ur ***git
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

You may not be at all aware of it at the moment, but there’s a lot of great information about the as-yet-unnamed 7th title in the Call of Duty series, just waiting on their official web forums. It was apparently just a rumour that the new game would be called "Black Ops." Specifically, Treyarch developer Vahn (real name David Vonderhaar – he’s the Multiplayer Design Director for the upcoming CoD game) has posted several hints in a thread on killstreak rewards for the upcoming Call of Duty game – while some of this represents personal opinion, some of what he has to say may well represent the shape that their game is beginning to take.
Originally posted by another user

The main message that we want to impose upon the gaming community is that we, here at Treyarch, do listen to our community to the point that we read every single suggestion that is put to us.

It seems we can expect to see a much more rounded and polished game than Modern Warfare 2, as many posters on the Treyarch boards have called on the developers to learn from Infinity Ward’s mistakes, and Vahn has expressed his agreement on more than one occasion, which makes sense seeing as they are rival companies :p

One of his posts for example shows that he knows what the problems were in MW2, and is said in a very diplomatic fashion.

Originally posted by another user
I am seeing a lot of what I would call the “echo plex.” As fans of the previous games, we have drawn a lot of the same conclusions that many of you are drawing. Solutions to those problems may be different than any specific proposal in any specific post, but I’m glad we (generally speaking) want to go the same direction you want us to go.

In terms of actual game details, here’s a analysis of what can be deduced from Vahn’s posts:

* While they’ve tried having custom killstreaks for each class, that seemed to complicate the ‘purity and speed’ of Create a Class.

* Consequently, it’s fair to assume that customizable killstreaks are all but confirmed.

* At this stage in development, killstreaks stack and carry over if you die, but do not contribute to further killstreaks (hence eliminating the ‘camping for killstreaks’ problem of Modern Warfare 2).

* Treyarch are not fans of Commando, the extended melee range perk in Modern Warfare 2, and it is unlikely to return.

* They’ve tried a ‘manned’ version of the Sentry Gun killstreak, but weren’t fans.

* We may well see a return to pistols as the only available sidearm, or perhaps a choice between pistols and launchers. Vahn and many of the team are not fans of shotguns and machine pistols as secondary weapons – it gives a player ‘too much firepower’.

* The knife may well become a secondary weapon – although Vahn didn’t want to say too much.

* Finally, don’t expect the nuke to return as a killstreak. Vahn says they are not fans of a game-ending killstreak.

Thanks Psychobe@n for enlightening me to this news, please show your appreciation by clicking You must login or register to view this content. link.

You must login or register to view this content. added by Caspa
Last edited by Shepleklet ; 04-06-2010 at 10:55 AM.

The following 23 users say thank you to Shepleklet for this useful post:

Ac3z-iGoD, ajscw, born2destroy, Clutch Hunterr, Cpt.S, Doctor Stan, Drake, FlyingIrishMan, gamedominator20, james_123, ll-oyah-ll, mEdiivalXvirrus, NanuGama, papa mudd, rastapolarbear, SAS_Racer, Screamo, TheFrozenArrow, xDarkstar, xHeAVeN, xScarsii, xxxJustice, ZELLIS
04-05-2010, 09:01 PM #2
Great Post hopefully if this does happen it will be a great game + rep for you.
04-05-2010, 09:09 PM #3
ZELLIS
Halfway to a ☆
I don't really know about this I don't really like how much they're changing it from MW2 I think that it should be a more smooth change from developer to developer rather than constantly changing the entire layout of the game every other game.
04-05-2010, 09:11 PM #4
secret121994
Gym leader
sounds good but its a shame about the nuke i think they should just boost it to 30 kill streak
04-05-2010, 09:12 PM #5
mietitore
Pokemon Trainer
Very good thread! I hope Treyarch will develope a good game... but Treyarch is Treyarch ASD
Last edited by mietitore ; 04-05-2010 at 09:17 PM.
04-05-2010, 09:19 PM #6
I think thats kinda gay that you cant have killstreak kills count for further killstreaks.
And knife as a secondary? Now I know for a fact in the real Military you can have a knife with 2 other weapons.

And they should bring back Double Tap. And Zombies. Zombies would be raep.
04-05-2010, 09:25 PM #7
Zombie Terrorists, anyone? :O

The following user thanked InSaNiTyPlEa for this useful post:

Activist
04-05-2010, 09:34 PM #8
Laney
Ex-Staff
Originally posted by oceano View Post
General shit that I posted in my thread

any zombies?
Last edited by Shepleklet ; 04-05-2010 at 09:40 PM.
04-05-2010, 09:41 PM #9
Shepleklet
u mad cuz ur ***git
Originally posted by AgentLaneyPig View Post
any zombies?

If there is then believe me when I say that I will be the FIRST one to post it.
04-05-2010, 09:52 PM #10
ajscw
Can’t trickshot me!
nice thread. thanked post Smile

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo