Post: A Treatise on Dealing Successfully In The Marketplace
08-18-2013, 08:45 PM #1
Number
Banned
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Considering the dire need to ameliorate trading practices and to delineate proper conduct, I have decided to post this tutorial for the community.

I'm creating a TUT on how to;

- Never get a chargeback, limitation, and if you do - how to easily win
- How to detect and neutralize imposters
- How to deal safely
- How to collect evidence off of a scammer

Never Get A Chargeback / Unauthorized Claim - And If You Do - How To Easily Win

1) The first order of business is a salient and crucial step to protecting yourself: you should use legitimate information when creating a PayPal, and it should be funded via credit card or bank to receive priority from PayPal in any ill fated situation.

2) Keep the SUBJECT the same in EVERY payment. I cannot stress this enough. Paypal's automated system flags any unverified or even newly verified users for multiple payments that don't have the same contingencies.

3) Keep the NOTE the same in EVERY payment. For the same reason above, this is highly crucial to maintaining face and legitimacy in PayPal's eyes.

4) Decline/refund the payment if the buyer does not agree to your T.O.S. There is absolutely no reason for the buyer to be non-compliant with these terms, and anything otherwise is simply shady or a "red flag" to not deal with the user.

An example of a note you should have for the buyer (this should be the same for EVERY purchase, I suggest writing it down somewhere):

| Send the money as a gift and YOU pay the fees:
| (insert PayPal email address on this line)
| Subject: "Digital Game Card Purchase"
| Note: This payment is for a digital item which I have received in the exact condition as described and it has been redeemed by me.
| If the above steps are not completed, I will refund your payment and you will not receive your item / service

You must login or register to view this content.

How To Detect And Neutralize Imposters

1) When you are creating your thread, NEVER post your contact details in the thread itself or on your NextGenUpdate profile. Imposters will get opportunities to scam YOUR customers.

2) Ask for a forum private message! Anyone who is a legitimate NextGenUpdate member will not refuse to private message you from their forum account.

3) When you add someone on Skype, ALWAYS confirm that you added the correct Skype. Nothing is worse than verify an user's identity via private message only to add an imposter and get scammed by them.

Here is an example below of why it is salient to confirm you add the correct skype. Always right click the name and verify the skype ID.

How To Deal Safely

It is in everyone's best interests to request the other party to go first, as it eliminates any risk for yourself and you receive your requested service / item beforehand. This is not the only reason someone may ask you to go first, however, as we will cover how to stay safe from potential scammers.

1) Check for previous vouches for the particular service. This can be a nice indicator of whether or not the user you are dealing with has a tendency to be legitimate or if they're a newcomer who has no trading history.

2) Check for overall number of vouches. Does the aforementioned user have several vouches for various sales / purchases? If so, then they have a high likelihood of successfully completing the trade.

3) Check how many times the user has changed their username. A general tip-off for a scammer is that they constantly change their usernames, in an attempt to hide their dark deeds.

4) ALWAYS request a forum private message with the following template. You need to be able to 100% confirm that that the deal is taking place as described and that the terms are clear, and if you are speaking on an external IM client that it is clear what both your usernames are.

5) Use a middleman if possible. Private message a staff member / highly reputed community member in order to eliminate any risks associated with the trades. Each middleman will have his or her own policy in regards to handling certain types of deals.

Here is a template that should be used whenever you are dealing with someone:

--
Nextgenupdate username:
Skype/MSN/AIM/:
PP/PSN Card/:
Service:
Cash:
--

Now when somebody attempts to charge-back on you, you can easily recall which user it was and be positively affirm a staff member that there is sufficient evidence to link the other party to the scam. REMEMBER the essential note to send the other party before dealing, as when PayPal investigates the claim, they will be able to see that you are doing routine and legitimate business.

How To Collect Evidence Off Of A Scammer

1) Take screenshots of conversations and private messages by pressing CTRL + Printscreen at the same time, and pasting the image into paint, saving it, and uploading it to your choice of image hosting website.

2) If you wish to really put a lockdown on your sales, you may record them in real time with a screen recorder such as Hypercam. This will make it impossible for a scammer to deny any of their action or their identity.

3) Goat them into admitting to their scam. Nothing is more incriminating than a self-incriminating statement. Trap him into a corner, and go in for the kill.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you all enjoyed the tutorial, and I wish you the best of luck in future deals. Stay safe, NGU!
Last edited by Number ; 08-18-2013 at 09:10 PM.

The following 15 users say thank you to Number for this useful post:

-SuperMan, Alpha, Anthony Cordero, Cesei, DesperateAsshole, Gandalf, Jasdeep, Mauzey, Darth Saul, Vince, Pimp, ResistTheSun, webzy
08-18-2013, 09:01 PM #2
I for one appreciate the time that has gone into this, it is absolutely magnificent so it will be closed and stickied for all to see (and hopefully follow) in this section.

Good work as usual.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo