Login | Register

If you're having login issues, please clear your cookies and cache!

Thread: Home situation question

Chronos Chronos, The God Of Time

Join Date Apr 2010

Posts 654

Membership Donator

06-27-2011 04:11 AM #1 Home situation question

Hey guys, this is the first time i'm actually asking NGU for personal help. You guys are always willing to offer help and thats what makes this site/community so loveable. Just look at outsiders post, it's wonderful how much you guys care for user's problems. So here comes my situation.

This year was pretty shitty. I began a college study that i thought was perfect for me. But i failed at it pretty hard. I'm not really the type of person who blames personal experiences/situations for failing things, i'm usually pretty hard on myself. I'm thinking that my home situation caused a lot of distraction though. For starters, my parents are divorced. But this is the least of my problems. My father is sick, he has Parkinson's disease(yeah, like Michael J. Fox). I've seen him decrease in health drastically this year, he had to give up work because of it. Other than that my sister is depressed. This has also increased this year. She changed her medication, and therefore had to stop taking the medication she was on to get it out of her system for the new medicine to work properly. Well that took her down real hard and she was starting to get suicidal. And if all this isn't worse enough, my mom and her boyfriend are splitting up now. Simply because that guy is just unbearable to live with. He has [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], if you read it, it sounds crazy but he really does have it. So now my mother is moving out, and taking me with her. Sometimes i think i'm overreacting, and sometimes not. If you guys have any advice, please share.

This is me opening up to NGU so please don't flame or troll. And if this is tl;dr for you just don't post.

Slashey Come at me brahh

Join Date Oct 2010

Posts 417

Membership Donator

06-27-2011 07:25 AM #2

Quote Originally Posted by Chronos View Post
    Hey guys, this is the first time i'm actually asking NGU for personal help. You guys are always willing to offer help and thats what makes this site/community so loveable. Just look at outsiders post, it's wonderful how much you guys care for user's problems. So here comes my situation.

This year was pretty shitty. I began a college study that i thought was perfect for me. But i failed at it pretty hard. I'm not really the type of person who blames personal experiences/situations for failing things, i'm usually pretty hard on myself. I'm thinking that my home situation caused a lot of distraction though. For starters, my parents are divorced. But this is the least of my problems. My father is sick, he has Parkinson's disease(yeah, like Michael J. Fox). I've seen him decrease in health drastically this year, he had to give up work because of it. Other than that my sister is depressed. This has also increased this year. She changed her medication, and therefore had to stop taking the medication she was on to get it out of her system for the new medicine to work properly. Well that took her down real hard and she was starting to get suicidal. And if all this isn't worse enough, my mom and her boyfriend are splitting up now. Simply because that guy is just unbearable to live with. He has [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], if you read it, it sounds crazy but he really does have it. So now my mother is moving out, and taking me with her. Sometimes i think i'm overreacting, and sometimes not. If you guys have any advice, please share.

This is me opening up to NGU so please don't flame or troll. And if this is tl;dr for you just don't post.
    That's quite a predicament you have there .

If you think that going to college and all of the stuff happening is to much to handle then try deferring college for 1-2 years until everything settles down and you are less stressed. Then you will be able to focus more on college and do better. :y:
    Last edited by Outsider; Today at 09:53 AM.

HATERS GONNA HATE

Got an international vBookie request? Click [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Slashey For This Useful Post:

Sempiternal Previously uG~ Wounded

Join Date Jan 2010

Posts 2,830

Membership Elite Founder

06-27-2011 07:39 AM #3

Try to keep away from your family troubles the best you can even though it may be tough don't ruin your own life because of it, I'm not saying ignore your family, just keep yourself busy and try to not think about it. I suggest you repeat the course and try really hard this time, Study hard and it will keep your mind off your family.

I'm only 16 and not great at advice but I do hope this helps is some way. Good luck pal :love:
    SUBSCRIBE

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sempiternal For This Useful Post:

Winning Former Staff

Join Date Jun 2010

Posts 5,183

Membership Former Staff

06-27-2011 08:49 AM #4

Just spend some good time with your dad before he's gone. Make sure your sister doesn't suicide because you'll regret not doing anything to prevent it. And just let your mom know that you're there for her. Always.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Winning For This Useful Post:

Chronos Chronos, The God Of Time

Join Date Apr 2010

Posts 654

Membership Donator

06-27-2011 04:32 PM #5

Quote Originally Posted by Winning View Post
    Just spend some good time with your dad before he's gone. Make sure your sister doesn't suicide because you'll regret not doing anything to prevent it. And just let your mom know that you're there for her. Always.
    Luckily parkinson's doesnt kill you. And my sister is doing slightly better now because of the medicine. Thanks guys:y: appreciate it.

Just4Hax "I will speak ill of

Join Date Apr 2010

Posts 2,183

Membership Donator

06-27-2011 04:36 PM #6

I feel for you.
    Before you post remember, this is the internet so takes comments more light-heartedly

Grumpy Grumpy is God.

Join Date May 2009

Posts 3,549

Membership Elite Founder

06-27-2011 04:44 PM #7

Luckily parkinson's doesnt kill you. And my sister is doing slightly better now because of the medicine. Thanks guys:y: appreciate it.
    I really hope you get through it man. I'm 13 and I have had both of my grandparents die within three years and my dad almost died 2 years in a row, one he had a ruptured appendix but he waited way too long to go to the hospital and he was like 3 hours away from dying then the next year (last year) he had lung problems and his lungs were at like 40% and that lead to heart clots and he almost died from that. Also it didn't affect me personally but I live on Tuscaloosa and I'm sure you know what happened here. I know it doesn't compare to the things going on in your life but times are hard it might get worse before it gets better but just keep your head up and you will get through it.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] || [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] || PSN: CuthroatClown || [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] || [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

NeedaLifeSoon Retired Life

Join Date Jul 2008

Posts 5,010

Membership Elite

NextGenUpdate Elite Member

06-28-2011 07:11 AM #8

You have a lot on your plate right now and it would be enough to bring anyone down.
    Don't be hard on yourself and don't add anything to your plate right now.
    Make time for your family but leave some time for yourself.
    Set aside some time for something that you enjoy and set some small goals that can give you a sense of accomplishment.
    Get through this challenging period in your life with a feeling that you did the best you could.

Good luck!!
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] ll [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] ll [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]