Login | Register

Thread: 2012 - End of the World?

Fluxorz OP is a phaggot

Join Date Nov 2010

Posts 308

Membership Donator

03-29-2012 08:51 PM #1 2012 - End of the World?

As most of you know, people all around believe December 21, 2012 will be the end of the world. This can be disproved in many ways, so I
    thought I would tell you them so you don't get in a scare.
    NASA confirmed there is no such thing as Planet X, they have also confirmed, if there was an object, it would hit another planet and they
    would be able to detect it. So you ask yourself, what about a solar flare? Solar flares are common misconceptions. While they may affect the temperatures, it is nothing more then something that interferes with electrical signals.
    What about the Mayan Calandar predicting the end? Well, that is just
    overthought by people. The Mayan Calendar was actually counted wrong by people, as it was in the news everywhere, but what if the did read right? It is theoretically impossible at this point of time or back then to make a prediction like that. No one ever asks themselves, what if they just ran out of room? They could have ran out of room, gave up, or even died out.
    After reading this, if you still think the world will end this year, then just get out of this section. The world will eventually end, but the sun
    isn't even half its age yet. So you'll be long gone when the world truly ends.
    Last edited by Fluxorz; 03-29-2012 at 08:54 PM.

PussayPatrol I'm a neat monster...

Join Date Feb 2011

Posts 2,582

Membership Donator

03-29-2012 09:00 PM #2

Quote Originally Posted by xXcaliburXx539 View Post
    As most of you know, people all around believe December 21, 2012 will be the end of the world. This can be disproved in many ways, so I
    NASA confirmed there is no such thing as Planet X, they have also confirmed, if there was an object, it would hit another planet and they
    would be able to detect it. So you ask yourself, what about a solar flare? Solar flares are common misconceptions. While they may affect the temperatures, it is nothing more then something that interferes with electrical signals.
    overthought by people. The Mayan Calendar was actually counted wrong by people, as it was in the news everywhere, but what if the did read right? It is theoretically impossible at this point of time or back then to make a prediction like that. No one ever asks themselves, what if they just ran out of room? They could have ran out of room, gave up, or even died out.
    After reading this, if you still think the world will end this year, then just get out of this section. The world will eventually end, but the sun
    why is everyone caring about the world ending just live your life the way you want and if it ends... That's it who gives a flying Fuck.
    Good Points you made btw :y:
    As I fall deeper into a manic state
    I'm a prime candidate for the gene to receive the drug addict trait
    Blood pressure climbs at a dramatic rate

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PussayPatrol For This Useful Post:

VHS

4. Hannah Banned

Join Date Apr 2010

Posts 200

Membership Banned

03-29-2012 09:04 PM #3

There is virtually no serious evidence whatsoever to suggest this to be the case other than a few minor predictions made by Nostradamus, Cibyl, The Bible, NASA, the Mayan Calendar, Rock, paper, scissors, Merlin, Houdini, Joan of Arc, Timothy Leary, William Westmoreland, Ann Landers, Joan Rivers, Roland Emmerich, and not to forget the Hopi people, who might have predicted their own rise and fall, although it is unlikely they will admit it.

Based on these rather dubious sources it is reasonable to assume that everything is going to remain exactly as it currently is. So don't go listening to those moronic conspiracy theorists. If there is one thing we can't stand it's raving conspiracy theorists.

Top Methods of Destruction:
    ∎ Doomsday asteroid

Alternative methods of destruction:
    ∎ A super-dimensional being playing the Earth as a golf ball using a 9 Iron to chip the Earth into the center of this Galaxy for a perfect "black-hole-in-one".
    ∎ A planetary pole shift caused by too many people leaving Poland.
    ∎ The sun firing a huge solar beam which strikes the Earth and fries every living being to a crisp.
    ∎ Climate change causing the climate to change by either freezing, cooking or more likely boring the human race to death by not actually changing very much at all.
    ∎ Jack Bauer getting upset with the world.
    Gobble getting upset with the world.
    Dave getting upset with the world.
    ∎ Ivan in Russia pushing the wrong goddamn button.
    ∎ Billy-Bob in USA pushing the wrong goddamn button.
    ∎ Nigel in UK pushing the wrong goddamn button.
    ∎ Hung Lo in China pushing the wrong goddamn button.
    ∎ North Korea wishing they had a wrong-goddamn button to push.
    ∎ Iran wishing they knew what a button looked like
    ∎ Angry at being demoted to a Dwarf Planet, Pluto gets its revenge.
    ∎ Those idiots at CERN finally collide some things.
    ∎ Earth simply explodes.
    Last edited by Hannah; 04-14-2012 at 01:01 AM.

Clive ....

Join Date May 2010

Posts 1,130

Membership Donator

03-29-2012 09:05 PM #4

Pfft. 2012. You have no clue how many times people thought the world was suppose to end. In year 2000 alone there were 7 dates on when the world was suppose to end. Practically every year there is "evidence" of the world ending. The difference between them and 2012 though, some people blew 2012 to the whole media and everyone. This date will go by like any others. /end

Side note: I bet my friend $30 that the world won't end on 2012. ( Win win situation, if I win I get $30, if they win I don't have to pay them :carling

"You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?"

6. Join Date Jan 2009

Posts 4,838

Membership Elite Founder

03-29-2012 09:09 PM #5

To start out many people know this but since leap year was not around when the Mayan calendar was created. So with all of the leap years since Ceaser created the date would not be December 21 , 2012. Second like many others have posted y2k. I don't remember it but what I have read there was a lot of worry then. I think it is the same thing as back then lots of news about but nothing will happen.

-CLM was here
    -So was Lovol

7. Join Date Jun 2008

Posts 6,611

Membership Former Staff

03-30-2012 06:02 AM #6

World ended May of last year...
    'MURICA

8. The Following User Says Thank You to George For This Useful Post:

ShinigamiUzi Proud to be a Player!

Join Date Jun 2010

Posts 5,484

Membership Donator

03-30-2012 06:50 AM #7

It's bullshit guys , remember when they said at 2000 the world will end ? I guess everyone still remember it but wait we are still alive , nothing happened !

Jemmy Level 2 Trustworthy

Join Date Mar 2012

Posts 281

Membership Donator

03-30-2012 08:23 PM #8

2012 is complete B.S. Firstly, I know about the "White God" stuff in the Mayan Culture but if they're so damn smart why didn't their civilization survive. Surely people who could use a calendar to predict the end of the world could see far enough into the future to stop their enemies.

Reasons Why The World Can't End on December 21st 2012

I still haven't used the PS4 or Xbox 720
    I plan on taking a powernap at 11:34 AM EST on January 2nd 2013
    I don't feel like dying on December 21st; its too damn cold

There is an endless amount of reasons as to why the world can't end. There is no evidence and it's too similar to the all the crap with Y2K.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jemmy For This Useful Post:

O.P [move]:run:[/move]

Join Date Mar 2011

Posts 1,035

Membership Elite Founder

04-02-2012 05:47 PM #9

Also, IF the Mayan calendar was legitimate, they did not have leap years. That means by their calendar, the end of the world was about 5 years ago.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to O.P For This Useful Post:

14. ghostbear Vaulted cur

Join Date Mar 2011

Posts 826

Membership Donator

04-02-2012 09:05 PM #10

Most likely scenario for the end of the world, is when true peace happens in the middle east. The world will explode days later.