Login | Register

If you're having login issues, please clear your cookies and cache!

Thread: Nightmare Inducement Thread v3

CLM They say sorry Mr. West is..

Join Date Jul 2009

Posts 4,992

Membership Elite

NextGenUpdate Elite Member

04-25-2012 08:48 PM #1 Nightmare Inducement Thread v3

Nightmare Inducement Thread v3

Follow up to the first and second. Here is the third annual scary stories thread! Enjoy and for full effect, read at night!

Stories:

They Came From the Fog

You are a teenager at home with your parents living in a two story
    home in a remote area in Iowa. On a normal night your were still
    awake when your parents came to tell you they were heading off to bed, as they always did. Around eleven o clock you deicided you
    needed to go to bed so you can wake up for school the following
    morning. Before you crawl into bed you look out your window and notice a thick fog rolling in bathing the country side in
    mystery, a scary but normal sight for the region. After being asleep for two hours you wake up too a tapping sound, tap tap, tap tap, you expect it to be a branch from the tree infront of your window tapping the wall so you fade back into a dreamy sleep. But it does not last long as you think to yourself theres that sound again, you look out your window and notice there is no wind but the fog is so thick it appears as if your home was swallowed by it, and the usual sounds of wild life completely vanished adding to the thought of being swallowed and torn from reality by the monstrous fog. You head downstairs to the first door on the left from a front door perspective which is your parents room as you think maybe they are still up and making these sounds, you slowly draw the door back to peak in you see their silhouettes in bed as usual. The mind pounding tap tap, tap tap, beat their way into your eardrums, at this point you decide you must find the source if you ever want to get sleep. So you head outside barely able to see in front of you your pulse quickens a cold sweat of fear begins to muster over your body as you search but to no
    avail, the sound stops you feel much better to get out of this
    nightmarish fog and finally get some well deserved sleep. As you
    near the ascent of the stairs a small wind kicks up. the sound
    returns in a fit of rage you dash out into the fog, it sounds close
    you think to yourself. What you see next is something a veteran of war would gag at, your parents dangling from the tree hanging
    from their own intestines, chewed and clawed on blood covering their body no human could of done this. As you take this in and discover the tapping sound was their feet hitting the wall infront of your room a more horrifying thought enters your head the blood on your parents corpses is dry they have been here for awhile, but…. you just checked on them, you get light headed and sick to your stomach your heart stops as you hear the creeking of the door of your parents room opening…….. (the end)

The Babysitter and the Man Upstairs

A married couple were going out for the evening and called in a teenage babysitter to take care of their three children. When she arrived they told her they probably wouldn't be back until late, and that the kids were already asleep so she needn't disturb them.

The babysitter starts doing her homework while awaiting a call from her boyfriend. After awhile the phone rings. She answers it, but hears no one on the other end — just silence, then whoever it is hangs up. After a few more minutes the phone rings again. She answers, and this time there's a man on the line who says, in a chilling voice, "Have you checked the children?"

Click.

At first she thinks it might have been the father calling to check up and he got interrupted, so she decides to ignore it. She goes back to her homework, then the phone rings again. "Have you checked the children?" says the creepy voice on the other end.

"Mr. Murphy?" she asks, but the caller hangs up again.

She decides to phone the restaurant where the parents said they'd be dining, but when she asks for Mr. Murphy she is told that he and his wife had left the restaurant 45 minutes earlier. So she calls the police and reports that a stranger has been calling her and hanging up. "Has he threatened you?" the dispatcher asks. No, she says. "Well, there's nothing we can really do about it. You could try reporting the prank caller to the phone company."

A few minutes go by and she gets another call. "Why haven't you checked the children?" the voice says.

"Who is this?" she asks, but he hangs up again. She dials 911 again and says, "I'm scared. I know he's out there, he's watching me."

"Have you seen him?" the dispatcher asks. She says no. "Well, there isn't much we can do about it," the dispatcher says. The babysitter goes into panic mode and pleads with him to help her. "Now, now, it'll be okay," he says. "Give me your number and street address, and if you can keep this guy on the phone for at least a minute we'll try to trace the call. What was your name again?"

"Linda."

"Okay, Linda, if he calls back we'll do our best to trace the call, but just keep calm. Can you do that for me?"

"Yes," she says, and hangs up. She decides to turn the lights down so she can see if anyone's outside, and that's when she gets another call.

"It's me," the familiar voice says. "Why did you turn the lights down?"

"Can you see me?" she asks, panicking.

"Yes," he says after a long pause.

"Look, you've scared me," she says. "I'm shaking. Are you happy? Is that what you wanted?"

"No."

"Then what do you want?" she asks.

Another long pause. "Your blood. All over me."

She slams the phone down, terrified. Almost immediately it rings again. "Leave me alone!" she screams, but it's the dispatcher calling back. His voice is urgent.

"Linda, we've traced that call. It's coming from another room inside the house. Get out of there! Now!!!"

She tears to the front door, attempting to unlock it and dash outside, only to find the chain at the top still latched. In the time it takes her to unhook it she sees a door open at the top of the stairs. Light streams from the children's bedroom, revealing the profile of a man standing just inside.

She finally gets the door open and bursts outside, only to find a cop standing on the doorstep with his gun drawn. At this point she's safe, of course, but when they capture the intruder and drag him downstairs in handcuffs, she sees he is covered in blood. Come to find out, all three children have all been murdered.

The Maze

You some how wake up surrounded by very tall hedges. You are very disoriented and groggy. As you observe your surroundings, you realize that you are in a very complex hedge maze. The hedges are 10 feet high and impossible to see over. There is a light fog dispersed throughout the area. You don’t know how you got there or why you’re there. All you know is that you want to get out as quickly as you can.

You feel a strange sensation as you explore the large maze. As you explore the maze, the fog becomes thicker and your heart becomes heavier. After several hours of wandering, you end up in what appears to be the heart of the maze. Your body freezes as your eyes lay upon a large stone statue of some sort of disfigured creature. The statue is missing one of its arms. Its feet and one hand look like that of a reptilian. Its face is deformed and difficult to see and clear features. But there is one feature you can recognize; a revolting, twisted grin with sharp jagged teeth. Your body is still frozen as if though someone had paralyzed you. The statue appears to be looking right at you from about 500 feet away. There is something very unsettling and disturbing about this particular statue.
    You realize that you can still blink your eyelids. You blink once. It’s as though the statue had moved closer towards you. You think to yourself that it’s just your wild imagination. You blink again. The statue still appears to be moving closer still. You try not to blink anymore, but your watery eyes get the best of you. As you blink several times, the statue creeps closer and closer. It eventually reaches the point when the statue is only 5 feet away from where you’re standing. The grin on the statue appears to be larger and more disturbing then ever. It’s as though you can feel it breathing right upon your face. You are struggling to keep your eyes open. As your eyes water and become very irritable, you become fearful on how close your next blink will bring the statue. Your eyes close.

A Long Detour

The hitchhiker Andy picked up on that July afternoon was one of the stranger people he had met. She had, after warm thanks for stopping, and a moment or two of silence, proclaimed herself to be able to grant a wish. The conjuration she had performed in support of this was quite remarkable- once the sound of the cymbal had stopped ringing in Andy’s head, he was quite impressed.

Now Andy, good Christian that he was, was always of the opinion that you should do a good deed for its own sake, and not for material reward. He lightly waved away the images of wealth or power that the girl suggested. “My one wish, young lady, is to get you to where you’re headed!”.

The girl’s face contorted with fear as darkness fell outside.

World war 2 Efforts

In Berlin, after World War II, money was short, supplies were tight, and it seemed like everyone was hungry. At that time, people were telling the tale of a young woman who saw a blind man picking his way through a crowd. The two started to talk. The man asked her for a favor: could she deliver the letter to the address on the envelope? Well, it was on her way home, so she agreed.

She started out to deliver the message, when she turned around to see if there was anything else the blind man needed. But she spotted him hurrying through the crowd without his smoked glasses or white cane. She went to the police, who raided the address on the envelope, where they found heaps of human flesh for sale.

And what was in the envelope? "This is the last one I am sending you today."

Focus

Did you ever see one of those videos where you are asked to look for, or follow a specific thing throughout the video?
    Then, at the end, they revealed that as you were watching, something large and intrusive moved around in plain sight and you never even noticed it?

It's frightening how often that happens, like how I just moved from the doorway into your room as you read this.

Mother's Love

One afternoon, a couple was traveling on the road when all of a sudden at a far distance they saw a woman in the middle of the road asking them to stop. The wife told her husband to keep on driving because it might be too dangerous, but the husband decided to pass by slowly so he wouldn't stay with the doubt on his mind of what might have happened and the chances of anyone being hurt.

As they got closer, they noticed a woman with cuts and bruises on her face as well as on her arms. They then decide to stop and see if they could be of any help. The cut and bruised woman was begging for help telling them that she had been in a car accident and that her husband and son, a new born baby, were still inside the car which was in a deep ditch. She told them that her husband was already dead but that her baby seemed to still be alive.

The husband that was traveling decided to get down and try to rescue the baby and he asked the hurt woman to stay with his wife inside their car. When he got down he noticed two people in the front seats of the car but he didn't pay any importance to it and took out the baby quickly and got up to take the baby to it's mother.

When he got up, he didn't see the mother anywhere so he asked his wife where she had gone. She told him that the woman followed him back to the crashed car. When the man decided to go look for the woman, he noticed that clearly the two people in the front seats were dead; a woman and a man with both their seatbelts on. When he looked closer, he noticed that it was the exact same woman that was begging them for help in the beginning

The Statue

A few years ago, a mother and father decided they needed a break, so they wanted to head out for a night on the town. They called their most trusted babysitter. When the babysitter arrived, the two children were already fast asleep in bed. So the babysitter just got to sit around and make sure everything was okay with the children.
    Later that night, the babysitter got bored and went to watch TV, but she couldn't watch it downstairs because they did not have cable downstairs (the parents didn't want children watching too much garbage). So, she called them and asked them if she could watch cable in the parent's room. Of course, the parents said it was OK, but the babysitter had one final request… she asked if she could cover up the angel statue outside the bedroom window with a blanket or cloth, because it made her nervous. The phone line was silent for a moment, and the father who was talking to the babysitter at the time said, "Take the children and get out of the house… we'll call the police. We don't own an angel statue."
    The police found both of the children and the babysitter slumped in pools of their own blood within three minutes of the call. No statue was found.

Wake Up[/B]

Princess Ruu

The story is this, in Japan shortly before a teenage girl comitted suicide, she drew this picture, scanned it and posted it online. In korea this story broke out and it spread like wildfire. There are various posts around in korean forums that say that the viewer gets drawn to the girls blue eyes, they say they can detect a hint of wraith and sadness within the eyes. Maybe the girl had died with so much sadness and anger that her spirit haunts the image, or maybe the image provoke sadness, similar to the song 'Gloomy Sunday'.
    The freaky bit is this, they say it is hard for a person to stare into the girls eyes for longer than 5 minutes, there are reports that some people have taken their own lives after doing so. People say the picture changes, as you view it there is a hint of a growing taunting smirk appearing on the girls lips or a dark ring grows around the girl or her eyes.

Videos:

Last edited by CLM; 04-25-2012 at 08:35 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CLM For This Useful Post:

Pichu RIP PICHU.

Join Date Jan 2011

Posts 6,689

Membership Former Staff

04-25-2012 09:08 PM #2

The images made me chuckle. Videos/Stories/Pictures don't give me nightmares, well Romney's Image might have but the rest were no scarier than a picture of a cute bunny.
    Send me a PM with the message: "What What In The Butt".
    I will compile a list of names and put you all in my signature permanently.
    I rarely log on so it may be a month before I do it.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] wants it in the Butt.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]wants it in the Butt.

Join Date Jul 2009

Posts 4,992

Membership Elite

04-25-2012 11:17 PM #3

Taken from v2 but this is still one of my favs:

Calling Her Name

One night, a young girl was lying in bed, just on the verge of falling asleep, when she heard her mother calling her name from the kitchen. She went downstairs to see what her mother wanted, but as she was passing by the cupboard under the stairs, the door opened and a hand reached out and dragged her in. It was her mother, hiding in the cupboard. “Dont go into the kitchen,” whispered her mother. “I heard it calling my name too.”

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CLM For This Useful Post:

6. ghostbear Vaulted cur

Join Date Mar 2011

Posts 827

Membership Donator

04-25-2012 11:18 PM #4

Goddammit why you have to put Romney in there bout had a heart attack! :P

7. Coqui Former Staff

Join Date Sep 2010

Posts 2,932

Membership Elite Founder

04-26-2012 05:08 PM #5

Quote Originally Posted by ClutchLikeMelo View Post
    Taken from v2 but this is still one of my favs:
    This is my favorite one since I read when you originaly made the thread, I have even tell it to my friends.

Aren't You Glad You Didn't Turn on the Light?

A girl went back to her dorm room late one night to get her books before heading to her boyfriend's room for the night. She entered but did not turn on the light, knowing that her roommate was sleeping. She stumbled around the room in the dark for several minutes, gathering books, clothes, toothbrush, etc. before finally leaving.

The next day, she came back to her room to find it surrounded by police. They asked if she lived there and she said yes. They took her into her room, and there, written in blood on the wall, were the words, "Aren't you glad you didn't turn on the light?" Her roommate was being murdered while she was getting her things.

But the story I read it was different.
    Last edited by Coqui; 04-26-2012 at 05:11 PM.

Join Date Jul 2009

Posts 4,992

Membership Elite

04-26-2012 05:13 PM #6

Quote Originally Posted by .Coqui View Post
    This is my favorite one since I read when you originaly made the thread, I have even tell it to my friends.

Aren't You Glad You Didn't Turn on the Light?

A girl went back to her dorm room late one night to get her books before heading to her boyfriend's room for the night. She entered but did not turn on the light, knowing that her roommate was sleeping. She stumbled around the room in the dark for several minutes, gathering books, clothes, toothbrush, etc. before finally leaving.

The next day, she came back to her room to find it surrounded by police. They asked if she lived there and she said yes. They took her into her room, and there, written in blood on the wall, were the words, "Aren't you glad you didn't turn on the light?" Her roommate was being murdered while she was getting her things.

But the story I read it was different.
    Yeah that's probably on my top 3
    I was gonna post that too but didn't wanna bring too many of my stories from v2 on this one.

Ehhx :fa:

Join Date Jan 2011

Posts 2,908

Membership Donator

04-26-2012 06:22 PM #7

Quote Originally Posted by ClutchLikeMelo View Post
    Yeah that's probably on my top 3
    I was gonna post that too but didn't wanna bring too many of my stories from v2 on this one.
    I was too scared to look into the princesses eyes after reading her text. FUCK THAT.
    If we have ever made a deal or traded before please post in my referrals by clicking [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. Please use the form provided.

Need Help? Click one of the buttons below!
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]|[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Lugke I'm on the pursuit Of happiness

Join Date Nov 2008

Posts 7,243

Membership Donator

04-26-2012 06:30 PM #8

NOT MITT ROMNEY! Just that picture is a scary story.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lugke For This Useful Post:

Pichu RIP PICHU.

Join Date Jan 2011

Posts 6,689

Membership Former Staff

04-26-2012 06:34 PM #9

^ I like how people are saying crap about Romney after I said something about it...
    Send me a PM with the message: "What What In The Butt".
    I will compile a list of names and put you all in my signature permanently.
    I rarely log on so it may be a month before I do it.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] wants it in the Butt.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]wants it in the Butt.

13. ChefHOU redsoxfan95fan93

Join Date Aug 2010

Posts 2,127

Membership Elite Founder

04-26-2012 11:24 PM #10

You're not the only one that thought about it^
    Different people can have the same thoughts
    thx outsider
    If you have ever traded with me please post here [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

wtf jimmothy vvvv